Starcraft 2 Editor - Information List

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Thank you. Well yeah, but I don't think they will remove any added function will they? ^^
No, but they may be inaccurate: Presumptions, Guesses, Miss-communications, or reconsiderations resulting in minor changes.

But I really just meant they might be not as limiting. (That is, the map size might be bigger after all, or something like that)

Ice Bane

Reaction score
No, but they may be inaccurate: Presumptions, Guesses, Miss-communications, or reconsiderations resulting in minor changes.

But I really just meant they might be not as limiting. (That is, the map size might be bigger after all, or something like that)

Yeah, it would be really cool if you could like link maps together and use them as zones, just like in zone-based games.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As the only map type i can think of that needs more than 256x256 is rpg, i dont care about the limit. Even rpg makers would want to create a smaller map for rpgs as SC2 supports multiplayer linked maps anyways. Theres no reason for larger maps anymore because of that.

Ice Bane

Reaction score
As the only map type i can think of that needs more than 256x256 is rpg, i dont care about the limit. Even rpg makers would want to create a smaller map for rpgs as SC2 supports multiplayer linked maps anyways. Theres no reason for larger maps anymore because of that.
Indeed, good point.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Dunno if it has been asked before, but does SC2 have midi file support? That would be awesome ... mp3 format sucks in terms of filesize.

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Dunno if it has been asked before, but does SC2 have midi file support? That would be awesome ... mp3 format sucks in terms of filesize.

Why use midi when you can use .wav? ;D
I'm quite sure it will support at LEAST wave and mp3, but else then that we'll see!

P.S
Using .wav makes a BIG diffrence, try it out. ;)

Cookiemaster

Reaction score

Another thing is, that despite the 256² size limit there is in Warcraft 3, it is still possible to use one of the oh-so-many World Editor modifications and go even up to 512².

Too bad that laggs.

A lot.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Why use midi when you can use .wav? ;D
Because wav is even bigger than mp3 in terms of filesize?! :nuts:

The cool thing about midi is, that it saves so much space while still having awesome quality. (You could generate a 10 minute track with less than 100 kb on perfect quality)

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Because wav is even bigger than mp3 in terms of filesize?! :nuts:

The cool thing about midi is, that it saves so much space while still having awesome quality. (You could generate a 10 minute track with less than 100 kb on perfect quality)

No its not? =O

oh, you can? :D that's cool!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
No its not? =O

oh, you can? :D that's cool!

.wav files are indeed larger in size than .mp3 files. .wav files are a lossless format, while .mp3 files are a lossy format. This means that .wav files are compressed in a manner that they do not lose any quality, while .mp3s lose quality their quality in tradeoff for smaller file size.

Midi files are small in file size, only because they are very restricted. The sound is generated every time it is played, which means that the only things stored in the file are the notes and instruments for each track in the song (besides the metadata).

I personally think there should be support for something like .ogg (smaller filesize, better quality), but I doubt it will happen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.