Starcraft 2 World Editor Release Date

H

Hobbes

Does anyone know if there will be a release of the world editor before the actual game release? That way it would give developers the time to prepare a map for the launch of the game? Does anyone remember if that was the case for Warcraft 3 or Starcraft?

Hobbes

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wc3/sc editor came out before the actuall game?

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be a release of the world editor before the actual game release? That way it would give developers the time to prepare a map for the launch of the game? Does anyone remember if that was the case for Warcraft 3 or Starcraft?

Hobbes

It'll come packaged with the game, seeing as you need the game to have the files containing unit data and such, and to test the maps...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hobbes, you want to get a straight start on SCII map maikin?When warcraft III came I took my time playing the game on all difficulkties and a few months to master mele gameplay.So I am pretty sure that we will have atleast 4-5 months to research the editor.Though it is verry sad that youur idea won't come trye.Still a map maker can dream....

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hobbes, you want to get a straight start on SCII map maikin?When warcraft III came I took my time playing the game on all difficulkties and a few months to master mele gameplay.So I am pretty sure that we will have atleast 4-5 months to research the editor.Though it is verry sad that youur idea won't come trye.Still a map maker can dream....

Fuck the game. :D
I'll play the first level of the campaign or something just to see what's possible, what has been done, and stuff like that.

After that, MAP MAKING!

I would go straight to map making, But I've never played starcraft before :p

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Fuck the game. :D
I'll play the first level of the campaign or something just to see what's possible, what has been done, and stuff like that.

After that, MAP MAKING!

I would go straight to map making, But I've never played starcraft before :p

I totally agree, I'll probably play single player up to the first map I fail, then switch over to the world editor. I did the same thing with W3 : ROC, played like a chapter then fiddled with the world editor and played custom games. When I got TFT I didn't even play the single player.... and with neither of the games did I even bother playing multiplayer melee. That shit's just dull.

GIMME GIMME CUSTOM MAPS

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am saying what gamer would do.I am gonna play the game sliftly, meaning i will use cheets, just to cach the story and see what they have done so i don't do somthing like that.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
World editors for all games are a madatory update, meaning every1 got it at the time they bought the game but every1 go it better version updated the first time they try to open battle.net when it goes into that long downloading data crap that takes 15 minutes. that activates world editor and it will be the same for sc2,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.