perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i dont know much about wow
but i think i want to make a troll hunter
with skinning and leather working
probably concentrate in marksmanship
with some survival

does anyone have a successful build along these lines?
or maybe you would like to suggest an alternative
race/class/profession/talent tree?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you want someone to help you and run you through stuff occasionally, make an ally character on Shadowsong. I have a 59 priest there and wouldn't mind helping out a guy. If you chose that path, hit me up. << Quelthas.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
haha ok shadowsong it is
but i still dont know for sure what kind of char i wanna make
im still very new to wow

i played a nightelf rouge to maybe lv 15
and a troll hunter before this one to lv 10
and a gnome mage to about lv 10 also

so i dont really have much of an opinion on how i should set up my characters
and im not really sure what kind would be the most fun for me

Fluffball

Reaction score
Well your perfect char could depend on your play style eg.
If you like being up close and personal, doing lots of damage, and taking very little, choose a warrior.
If you like doing lots of damage to single targets, pick a rogue.
If you like being the one everyone depends on, pick a tank class (Warrior, Druid) or a Healer Class (Druid, Priest, Shaman)

Just for example, tell me your play style, and I can pick out a couple of classes that suit you.
Also, I'm a 74 Druid on Bloodscalp if you want some serious pwnage.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Mages are DPS and Food/Water bots.
Hunters are very versatile and can tank or DPS, plus you can spec for melee, ranged or pet.
Rogues are good for DPS, annoying to solo with though.
Priests are healbots, I quite enjoy being one. Holy is pure heals, disc is a mix of soloing and heals, shadow is soloing.
Warriors are awesome tanks, can't heal themselves at all though. I don't like healing warriors cause I can't shield because it reduces the rage they get.
Pallys are a hybrid class, a mix of Priests and Warriors. If you want a melee healer pick this guy.
DKs are pure awesomesauce but you need level 55 to make one.
Shamans are fun to solo with, if you're enhancment, but most groups want a healer shammy if one at all.
Druids are quite versatile but they aren't as good as a pure tank or healer or DPS.
Warlocks are pure DPS, or can be a tank. This is basically a caster version of a hunter but rely heavily on HP so they can convert it to mana. Grouping with a healer is suggested.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Mages are DPS and Food/Water bots.
You make that sound so negative. It's actually a lot of fun, because you really can't get hit in raids, or else you will probably die, so you get to yell at people for not protecting you if you get hurt (as long as you're good at being a mage). It's also fun because if people in raids need food/water and you're the only mage, you can charge them money for it (and in battlegrounds people are always asking you to summon a table (I think it's called)). :thup:

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
haha ok shadowsong it is
but i still dont know for sure what kind of char i wanna make
im still very new to wow

i played a nightelf rouge to maybe lv 15
and a troll hunter before this one to lv 10
and a gnome mage to about lv 10 also

so i dont really have much of an opinion on how i should set up my characters
and im not really sure what kind would be the most fun for me

A dwarf hunter is always fun. You would fit great with me and kc102

I am a paladin (Tank), hes a priest (healer), if you wanted to make a hunter you would be the damage. :cool:

Prometheus

Reaction score
I love mages in my group, water bots are damned awesome.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I have a 75 discipline priest and my 5-man group healing is incredible, I am very hard to take down in pvp, and I get whispered alot to join instances so there's never a problem of getting a group.

If you're not quite sure which class you want to play I would recommend paladin, druid or shaman as they are considered hybrid classes (shamans less 'hybrid' than the other 2, but more bad-ass) that can fill multiple roles.

Warriors are awesome tanks, can't heal themselves at all though. I don't like healing warriors cause I can't shield because it reduces the rage they get.

Actually warriors can heal themselves, Second Wind heals when stunned, Blood Craze heals when struck by a crit, and they get a skill at 75 called enraged regeneration which heals 30% hp.

Also, you generally don't want to shield the tank unless it's pre-fight or in urgency because it's alot less mana-efficient than greater heal or penance.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have a 75 discipline priest and my 5-man group healing is incredible, I am very hard to take down in pvp, and I get whispered alot to join instances so there's never a problem of getting a group.

If you're not quite sure which class you want to play I would recommend paladin, druid or shaman as they are considered hybrid classes (shamans less 'hybrid' than the other 2, but more bad-ass) that can fill multiple roles.

Actually warriors can heal themselves, Second Wind heals when stunned, Blood Craze heals when struck by a crit, and they get a skill at 75 called enraged regeneration which heals 30% hp.

Also, you generally don't want to shield the tank unless it's pre-fight or in urgency because it's alot less mana-efficient than greater heal or penance.

Prot Pally ftw.. :thup:

Prometheus

Reaction score

I've been looking to talk to a higher leveled priest for a while.
I'm about to hit 60, should I respec Disc or keep Holy?

Fluffball

Reaction score
Respec Shadow until you hit 80, then go Holy, Holy levelling is too slow for me.
I was a level 66 Feral Druid when I respecced to Resto, took me 300-500% longer to level than when I was Feral.
I'm specced for tanking yet I still gain about 200k Experience an hour.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I don't solo much, I do some questing and Holy is plenty good for damage with the new talents, but I mostly run stuff.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
All this talk of Shamans having to heal...nonsense.

I'm 73 enhancement and i easily get into groups, and most of the time am the top person on Damage meters, and i dont even have BC epics.

We also provide amazing buffs with our totems. +86 strength and agility ftw.

Hance ftw :thup:

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Shamans are also getting AOE damage buffed.

Shaman – we are removing the threat component from Fire Nova Totem and Magma Totem and increasing the damage from Magma Totem. This should provide the Elemental shamans in particular with some formidable AE.
^ Blue Post

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I've been looking to talk to a higher leveled priest for a while.
I'm about to hit 60, should I respec Disc or keep Holy?

Shadow is king for solo leveling, you never need to eat+drink.

Holy is a good sort of pve 'mix' if you take surge of light and holy reach.

Discipline is probably the slowest solo spec, it's great to heal 5 man instances and it has incredible survivability in pvp.

So if you're mixing questing with instance healing, I'd say holy or shadow. If you plan on doing alot of 5 mans, Disc.

Here's my priest http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Kraize

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
From experience, I would say shadow is the best for leveling until 60 - 65, then a smite dps spec completely dominates. It's an entirely new style of playing so it does take some time to learn. You really need to know how to play if you go smite dps, otherwise it will just slow you down, but if you do take the time I found that I leveled almost 2x faster from 65 - 70 than I did from 60 - 65 as shadow

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.