Tauren Tag

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
TaureN Tag

Greetings all! I'm proud to present one of my lately completed maps. I know it's Version 2.2, but it really took me a while for me to balance everything out and make the game playable. I hope you enjoy and read below for an overlook of the game.

Introduction

This is a tag map. It's like a combination of ideas from famous hit tags including Kodo Tag, Tree Tag, and Sheep Tag. This map was made completely from scratch just so you know. There are 2 teams: Runners and Taurens. The Runner's objective is to build a base to defend against the Taurens and survive for 30 minutes. If the timer expires and there is 1 or more Runners still alive, the Runners win and the Tauren lose. The Tauren's objective is to pulverize all the Runners before the time expires. If all the Runners are killed, the Runners lose and the Taurens win. Simple enough eh? Well it's not going to be easy!

Gameplay (Runners)

The Runner team consists of 8 players while the Tauren team consists of 4 players. Don't worry, this is fair. The Taurens can kill a Runner in one hit. If a runner happens to be killed, every single one of his/her buildings & units will be removed from the game. Resources harvested will be saved. Your runner will be represented as a flag in the center of the map. If you happen to come across this situation, don't worry, there's still a chance! :D A living runner is able to rescue all of the captured runners by stepping into the circle into the center. Upon entering the circle, the rescuer will receive 50 gold for every Runner saved.

In order for a Runner to acquire gold is by mining it. I'm sure you've played a regular Ladder Warcraft III game. The runner is able to run to the mine, grab gold then return it to the castle, just like a Peasant and a Peon. To protect your base, barricades can be built around your base so Taurens don't get an easy shot at you and you can escape! Over time, offensive/defensive structures can be built and upgraded such as Towers and upgradeable barricades. In addition, you are able to train 2 free slaves to carry your gold. To increase your gold rate, additional slaves can be trained for 200 gold. This is just a general way to make a base, as you become better,(Which is after like 2 games.) your base will become more advanced and you'll be able to enjoy the game even more.

*Note* Lumber will not be used in this version even though Runners and Slaves can harvest them. In Version 2.3 various lumber structures can be built.

ADDED: Runners can now select what type of Runner they want to have.

Types of Runners:

Stealth - Has the ability to blend in to it's surroundings. The Runner turns into a tree just like the trees in the game. Used to deceive Taurens. As a tree, you cannot move, nor build any buildings. Taurens are still able to attack you.

Stun - Has the ability to stun hunting Taurens after you. Stuns for 3 seconds. Slower than most runners except the Rage runner, which is faster.

Rage - Has no abilities but is able to take a few more Tauren strikes than the other runners. This runner will not die the first time it's attack. The downfall is that Rage runners are the slowest out of the Runner groups.

Speed - As a speed runner, your general running speed is faster than that of your other Runner companions. In addition, you have an ability which allows you to sprint which increases your run speed even more. This is one of the best starting Runner types, but as Taurens get stronger, they will be able to catch you much easily.

Escape - As an Escape runner, you, of course, have the ability to escape out of things. The prime escape is the Taurens nets. Escape runners have the ability to break free of the bonds of the Tauren's nets allowing him to continue to move and run away from the Taurens. Have your hotkey ready because if you click it, it might be too late.

Gameplay (Taurens)

As said in the previous text, the Tauren team consists of 4 players. It may seem like you can't win because there are too many runners, think again, because in my days of being a Tauren, my record is the first 5 minutes in the game. Taurens are able to win, and if you know what your doing, you can win fast! The Tauren are more simpler to play. You have to control 1 hero and you must go around and kill all the runners. You have the following abilities: Throw Net, Warstomp, Shade Scout, Adrenaline & Earthquake. Use these abilities to aid you in your quest to pulverize those runners! Whenever you kill a unit, except for Free Slaves, you will get Experience & a gold bounty. Use the gold you get from killing to buy items that can boost up your Tauren's strength. Another way to get money is finding gold coins that spawn randomly around the map.

A thing that has happened many many times in the passed and has ruined LOTS of TnT (TaureN Tag) games is the anti-camp. A Tauren at the start of the game has roughly 3k health. The anti-camp will take off 600 of your health every 3 seconds. Too many Taurens still insist on walking through the Anti-camp, end up dying, then leave the game. If you are a Tauren in the future, just walk around it! It's not too hard! If you happen to die because of the Anti-camp or something else, your hero will be revived 45 seconds after death.

***Coming UP*** 2 New Tauren types, Shaman and Chieftain. Shaman
Brain Shock: Shocks the head of his foe with many bolts reducing movement speed and removing buffs. Over time the unit will regain focus and obtain movement speed back. Perfect spell to remove "Sprint" from runners.

Lightning Dash: Causes the Tauren to shock himself making him move very swiftly for a short time.

Short Circuit: The Tauren shocks all the towers in a target area short circuiting their circuits making them unable to attack for a short time.

Ultimate Shock (Not Ultimate): The Tauren calls a lightning bolt from the sky to strike at his position doing damage to anyone in his range.

Call Forth (Ultimate): The Tauren selects an allied unit and starts casting, when the spell is casted, the Tauren will instantly move to the unit's position and deal damage to anyone nearby. The amount of damage is increased and the casting time is decreased as the level of the spell rises.

Progress - Version 2.4

The map has been Un-protected!

I have successfully unprotected my map and 2.4 will be under progress. Progress bars will be up in a few days. Thanks for your understanding.

Well this is just a quick overview of my map, this was kind of rushed. Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions/bugs/questions on this thread or email it to [email protected]. Thanks for looking up my map and I hope to see you in future games!

TaureN Tag Forums

*NOTE* If you are going to be saying something bad about my map, please tell me what I can do to fix it. Thanks in advanced!

Quick Change! Stealth Runners were able to duplicate themselves mining gold and blending in. This has been fixed in 2.3g.

~Warluvr393 (3tY.sPikY - Lordaeron)

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
I'm accepting BETA testers now. This is your shot to be able to make your chat a game message, be able to kick without being red, and change your color to your favorite. I know this might be cheezy prizes but it's the best I could do. So email me at [email protected] and you could be considered a beta tester for my map.

*If you happen to test my map, your name will be in the credits category in the Help Menu.*

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
More Help Wanted

From some recent suggestions, people have thought of this game to be a Sheep Tag with different models. I don't want TnT to be that. I am in need more help. If you are a great terrainer and you know how to terrain a Lordaeron - Summer tileset, please post or send me an email.

TnT is way too plain and I need some new things to make the tag unique. Thanks in advanced.

E

Eilhal

I'm a pretty good terrainer... if you would like I can take a look at your map and work on it some... if you would like me too am I adding terrain or just making whats there more appealing?

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Lol, +rep for offering, but I got the terraining done. What you could also do to help is beta test version 2.3, u up for it?

F

fratleyslaye

Sure, I'll help beta test ^^ contact me if you need any more info, my bnet name Is Fratleyslaye

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I will help beta test... Acehart deleted my post when I said it :p

If you need help with triggers (For perhaps advanced features) then I am here :)

Just PM me the time for testing. And tell me what time zone you are, please :D

Glad to test :)

E

Eilhal

K... I'm up for testing... never been much for "tag" maps but that's because I've never seen a well made one... I hope yours is different than all the others :D

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Okay, I will be on Bnet tonight. My name...as always, is "3tY.sPikY". You don't have to put any of the capitals or lower cases, just 3ty.spiky would be okay. Make sure that you are on the Lordaeron server. Also, I'm going to need your names so I know who u are and when the game needs another test. Thanks for your awesome support, +rep.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Thank you for your honest opinion. Can you please tell me what side you were on and what I can do to change it? Please if your going to make a bad comment, please add a suggestion to it so I can make it better.

And I mean, in 1 minute into the game, the Taurens aren't even out for 1 minute yet. You must of been really impatient, so I don't know if that 2/10 rating was very necessary. It's either you weren't doing anything or you are trying to turn me down. But whatever, thanks for your comment.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
It is an okay map, nothing unique, still a sheep tag clone to me but good that you got the terrain better from 2.2 version atleast. I hope you will be changing alot about the map in the future so it stands out more. 5/10

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Yes, remember what I said.

It is nothing special now, but not many maps are in their earlier versions. You just need to find something that makes it unique. Something that stands out.

I can relate to this. Cept mine was a bit different.

TreeTagWars, right in the name is another map's name. It was basically a Ent vs. Ent version of Tree Tag.

But hell it was fun! But it didn't go anywhere because it wasn't original.

So what I did was took TTW, and expanded. Little by little the map grew, and eventually turned into War of the Ents.

And after all that hard work, the map is getting somewhere. It takes time, but if you like the map, keep at it. Eventually you will see the progress of your hard work.

Just some words of Wisdom from a noob (me) :p

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
Yes, remember what I said.

It is nothing special now, but not many maps are in their earlier versions. You just need to find something that makes it unique. Something that stands out.

I can relate to this. Cept mine was a bit different.

TreeTagWars, right in the name is another map's name. It was basically a Ent vs. Ent version of Tree Tag.

But hell it was fun! But it didn't go anywhere because it wasn't original.

So what I did was took TTW, and expanded. Little by little the map grew, and eventually turned into War of the Ents.

And after all that hard work, the map is getting somewhere. It takes time, but if you like the map, keep at it. Eventually you will see the progress of your hard work.

Just some words of Wisdom from a noob (me) :p

He is 100% right. When TT first started out, it wasn't very popular and didn't get many downloads. 30 or 40 was a good number to make me happy. After months of hard work, it now averages 1500-2000 downloads per version. Additionally, there is a Tropical Tag clan on USWest. The map has been featured on many sites as their map of the week or featured map etc.

Why did I just brag a bunch about my map? Because I wanted to make the point that it started out as nothing. The first few months no one knew or care about it.

Your map is in a similar situation, BUT, with hard work your map too can spread and grow. You seem dedicated to it so keep up the work and find something to make it unique. It can only grow from there.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Thanks guys...especially Karawasa. I'm don't want to be in any competition with your map cus it's an awesome map with great ideas and stuff. I don't know though, I'm still trying to find that one thing that makes Tauren Tag, "Tauren Tag" not "Sheep Tag Clone". 2.3 is now stable. The most current version is 2.3e. In this version, you are able to pick your style of runner (As said in the update of the overview of the map). I think that's not much of a big difference but the ideas are still coming.

Thanks for all your support.

T

Tinkerhead

Bug Report

Bug found:
Stealth Runner Tree Form: If it turns in to a tree while in that place where its a no building zone your runner vanishes, destroyed by trigger. Fix it.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Oh yeah, thanks for that. I think I'm going to make the tree a unit instead of a structure. Sorry about that. I'll fix it. +rep for helping.

T

Tinkerhead

Suggestion

And this: How about making a trigger to add that (explicitly) computer opponents runners/tauren wander instead of sitting idle till someone comes up, not much of an AI but better, and for runners to flee if they see tauren, you know just to make it a bit better?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.