Tauren Tag

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Yes, it was originally my idea =D Well, 2.3g is the most stable and current version of Tauren Tag, I'll need some testers for 2.4. So no it's not too late.

N

NewMapper24

Sounds like a great idea. ill test it out and tell u what i think

N

NewMapper24

dude this game kicks ass i luv that u can regrow the trees

i didn't no u could put buildings in there and regrow trees around them THATS TIGHT

9.5/10 (only because invisible lasts too long) but other that that its totally sweet

T

TheTacoBellD

Well I like it. I find tags boring personally but this one is cool. I might whip up a little tag map myself . . . naah . . .

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
>>>BIG BUMP<<<

I have too much free time to be letting my map slip through my fingers. Bumping the thread and Yes I will be now OFFICIALLY be working on TnT this week. I've been just playing DotA and stuff and it's starting to get boring so now it's time for Tauren Tag. I could use more ideas for Item abilities, please post if you have any, thanks.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
>>>UPDATE<<<

Update, currently working on the NEW Taurens right now so 2.4 is starting to make it's progress. PLUS, there is a new loading screen which was way better than old one and new icons have been implemented to the new Taurens. I don't plan on changing the original icons. Read on the original thread to find out more!

H

hey its X

Edit: its pretty good, though IMO, castles should be stronger than barricades, at least in the beginning. and i think you should nerf the nets, i had people in the game saying "Omg nets are soo gay". :rolleyes:

EDIT: :eek: i noticed that the new runner name will be a miner. miners are people who harvest minerals from the earth! rename it to Mine Layer.

H

herra-sika

make drunk mode screen is like in uther partys panda minigame and game is shorter :p

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
If you're looking for things to make this unique, here's an idea that I like quite a bit. We all know about the normal way runners keep the taurens away; run, build base, make base impossible to breach. What you should do, is make it so there's other ways to avoid the tauren. You could have different types of runners, who all do different things:

Builder: The standard type of runner. Can build up a nice fortress, but not so much that he can hold off all the tauren forever, and has little chance of killing. Perfect for making a sanctuary where the other runners can rest easy, if only for a while. (Basically what you have now, but maybe tweaked a bit to balance)

Sprinter: Exels in moving very fast, great for keeping away from the tauren, but a determined chase can kill him. Perfect class to rescue other runners. Has the ability to sprint, moving faster than any tauren can run for an amount of time. Can also stun enemies, throwing a hammer to knock them out for a short period.

Trapper: Can set up traps to hinder or harm tauren who chase. Perfect for setting up ambushes. Poison trap slows the tauren's attack and move speed. Fire damages, and does more damage over time. Spike trap does a lot of damage, immediately. Traps take a while to set up, but stay indefinetly

Rouge: Excels in using stealth, and attacking from afar. Great for leading a tauren away from a builder's fortress, or into a trapper's ambush. Can use blend, to turn into a tree, or throw a fan of knives, damaging tauren nearby and stunning them for a split second (enough to get away, if done at the right time) Also, the Rouge's normal attack is ranged, allwoing it to be used to attack tauren. (maybe have this as just as attack 2, though)

You might be able to think of more, but this is all I can think of right now.

I know this has been done before, but the key is to make them work well together, so people will work more as a team. For example, while the builder can make a great fortress, the other players will want to make distractions to the tauren, so that they don't destroy it. A sprinter could run by the tauren, making him chase him, or a rouge could shoot at him, forcing him to follow, away from the fortress. Of course, if this went on for too long, the tauren would catch on, and ignore them.

I don't know how your tag works atm, but if you have to kill the tauren, another situation could come up: Everyone decides to set up a huge trap for the tauren, so that they can lead them all into it at the same time and kill them all at once. So, they start setting up a huge ambush somewhere in the map, the builder building towers where they can attack, but not be attacked, and building some walls to keep the tauren from running, first on one side, then, when the tauren walk in, on the other side. The trapper would of course set up as many traps as he could, poison traps at the front especially, and then fire and spike and even more poison traps littered throughout. He could even build some where the builder is going to build the walls, so when the tauren try to get out, they get a nasty suprise as well. The runner would work as perfect bait, running around to get the tauren to chase him, and then running through a gap in the far wall, which the tauren can't get through. The rouge, while only lending a bit of ranged damage during the ambush, would be great for keeping the tauren away from it while the others set it up, hitting a tauren, running away, and hopefully loosing them, though even if they are caught, the sprinter could still rescue them, since he doesn't need to help while setting up.

(wow that went longer than I thought)

Anyways, I think you get the idea. There could also be other classes, for other situations, but of course you don't want to make too many, or it will be very hard to balance, and could clutter the system.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Well, I already have the Sprinter and the builder is apart of that. The Runners are able to build a building and have 1 special ability to cherish. So, I plan on only adding the "Mine Layer" and I think I'm also going to add a "Mineralist" where he automatically harvests 15g instead of just 10. Thanks for your ideas, +rep. BTW, the Shaman is now complete, the Chief Tauren is now being worked on.

What I need now is mode ideas.

-rg (Regular Mode) [Standard Game, Like Usual]
-as (All See Mode) [All the Players in the game can see the whole map.]
-nr (No Ressurection Mode) [Once a Runner or a Tauren dies, they cannot ressurect.]
-nm (Newb Mode) [Everyone Starts out with 800 gold.]

NEED MORE IDEAS!!!! +REP

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was bored so I wanted to make Userbars for fans of the game. So, with that being said, if you are a fan of the game, include the image below in your signature so we can spread it around and people can find out the other tags out there. Also, if you could link it to this thread, that'd be great. Have fun!

taurentaguserbarax5.png

3TY.Spiky (Warluvr)

Click the picture above to go to my Tauren Tag thread!!

Click the picture above to go to my "Making a Tag Map" Tutorial!!

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Hey Spiky, is there a fan base for the map yet? Because if you need it you could get a forum for the map etc. on the clan cbs site, if you think people would use it :)

stavious

Reaction score
Nice Userbars ;) . And thanx for the Panda one, they are cute :p .
Hey WarLuvr3393 check out the Pandaren Adventures forum. Please anyone who reads this check it out and become a member/post. (Sorry for being offtopic; nice bars again, you got some talent :D ).

H

hey its X

With all the ideas floatin around i think the map should get hosted. *MODS hint hint*

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
@RagingSpeedHorn: I would like to have my own forum, but I want it to be able to be discuss with people not just in Clan CBS. I think I'm going to use the free forum that Stavious is using. PM me if you know how to install phpBB because I seriously don't know how to.

stavious

Reaction score
WarLuvr3393 said:
@RagingSpeedHorn: I would like to have my own forum, but I want it to be able to be discuss with people not just in Clan CBS. I think I'm going to use the free forum that Stavious is using. PM me if you know how to install phpBB because I seriously don't know how to.
Hey if you want to use the same forum 'company' I'm using then I think you should :p . It really easy to start and to control, and you can do nearly everything there. To start your own forum, go to mine, and scroll down. At the very bottom there is a little ad for the company that says: Hosted for free by InvisionFree. And its a link to start your own forum. It's completely free so have a blast :D .
Check my forum out here.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Well the CBS forums is open for everyone, you do not need to be in the clan to post there. On another note, I got no idea how to set up a forum, it is Knoore who made the www.clancbs.com forums, not me :)

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
The Tauren Tag forums have now been created. You can find the link in the gameplay info, the first post, of the thread. Register and start posting about the game!

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Bump

I've actually come up with new ideas now. These will be added to the map:

- Shockride: Allows the Tauren to summon a wave in which he can ride on.
- Teleporter (Building): Selects a unit and a target location in which a target will be instantly teleported.
- Tree of Whispers (Building): A very weak tower that can silence for 10 seconds.

That's just a few more items, and there will be a lot more to choose from!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.