Tavern-sells only 11 units?

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Hi, I am having troubles with a tavern hero-selection system. It has worked fine until now, and I think the reason why is that I now have 12 units that need to be sold from the tavern. I have set the 'select unit' button visibility to false, etc., but when my trigger attempts to add the 12th hero to the selection, the first hero added gets removed, leaving a blank space. Any ideas?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I don't really know how to fix your problem, but I would suggest putting a second tavern. This would allow you to add more heroes later on as well?

Jedi

Reaction score
Use goblin labovatuary or laboratory(bah, sorry for bad English, it is something like that)

mapguy

Reaction score
dont add the 12th hero by trigger, put him with the object editor.

family guy rulez

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Thank you mapguy-this actually worked. Don't know why it won't let you with triggers though... +rep

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or, you could use next and previous buttons, because that would allow you to add an unlimited amount of heroes to your tavern.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No, only 11 would be visible (The "Next" button would take one space too (Or 10 if he uses a "Prev" button too :p XD)) but he just click "Next" and another set of units would appear for sale ;)

mapguy

Reaction score
No, only 11 would be visible (The "Next" button would take one space too (Or 10 if he uses a "Prev" button too :p XD)) but he just click "Next" and another set of units would appear for sale ;)

but this would affect all players no?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, you don't even need JASS to make it work (not sure if I'm using the right action).

Trigger:
  • Next
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • Sold Unit Equal to Next
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Footman Unavailable for training/construction by Triggering Player
      • Player - Make Knight Available for training/construction by Triggering Player

mapguy

Reaction score
No, you don't even need JASS to make it work (not sure if I'm using the right action).

Trigger:
  • Next
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • Sold Unit Equal to Next
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Footman Unavailable for training/construction by Triggering Player
      • Player - Make Knight Available for training/construction by Triggering Player
I still think its best just to create 2 taverns with 6 heroes each :p

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That takes up more space however, and if you have a map with a lot of heroes like DotA, it gets a bit ugly. I always hated how many taverns DotA had.

mapguy

Reaction score
That takes up more space however, and if you have a map with a lot of heroes like DotA, it gets a bit ugly. I always hated how many taverns DotA had.

create one tavern and a lot of minitaverns,
the bbig tavern have links like this:
agility ranged
agility melee
strength ranged
strength melee
intelligence ranged
intelligence ranged 2

then, when you click a link, a mini tavern is selected for you.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
that's pretty much just an interface for what could be done simply with next/last buttons. i.e. probably not worth the triggering when someone could just code a system to add heroes to a tavern and automatically install next/last buttons (Guess what I'm going to work on for the rest of the day).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.