TD Ability cliff problem

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay,

I'll try to explain this is clear as i can :p

I have an ability in my TD that fires 4 breathe of fire in 4 directions (0,90,180,270 degrees)

The ability works, but when a tower (blood mage model) is placed near a cliff it will not fire in the direction of the cliff.
If it's placed as far as possible (hugging the pathing area) it does fire that way

Here's a screenshot that might clear things up

bmexplain.png

Here's an image in Worldedit with markings of which tower does work and which doesn't.

bmexplain2.png

I hope the problem is clear :p
And I also hope that someone knows what's wrong

Thx in advance,

H34DhUnT3r[NL]

EDIT:
Requested Code:
Trigger:
  • Fireblast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fireblast (Hero Tower)
    • Actions
      • Set FireDummyPos = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set FireAngle = 0.00
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set FireAttPos = (FireDummyPos offset by 200.00 towards FireAngle degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at FireDummyPos facing FireAngle degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Fireblast (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Fireblast (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to HT_SkillLVL[2]
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire FireAttPos
          • Set FireAngle = (FireAngle + 90.00)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FireAttPos)

roXplosive

Reaction score
Give us some code plz . Jass or GUI and we will try to answer your inclarity . I think that maybe the towers try to cast the spell on a point that cannot be walked to and thus they fail to breathe fire . I know breathe fire requires a target or a point to be fired .

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Try changing the offset by 200.00 to something like 50.00, that shouldn't make a difference to how the spell looks/functions, but it should fix the problem. Also it doesn't look like you are removing the FireDummyPos location.

roXplosive

Reaction score
Kenny's got point . I guess you could summon them at offset 20 and try again . It's likely the code tried to summon dummies in the middle of the cliff :mad:

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Or targeted the abilities in the middle of the cliff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.