UK News Teacher who told pupils 'Santa doesn't exist' is axed

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
You guys are harsh.

Santa, for kids, is something to look forward to. To believe that there was someone who was "making" toys for you for being good over the year, and was going to bring them to you with his magic sled and what not. Little kids learn by imagination. Even if it sparks just an ounce of happy in the kid, it did its job. My parents buy me gifts all the time, why should the Christmas gifts be any more special? Because they were from Santa!

Just think from a kids prospective guys, just because you grew up, don't forget all the awesome stuff you did as a kid...
and now a days, yes, all kids want are the gifts. Why? Because everyone is greedy as hell now, and no one appreciates the family time thats involved with Christmas.

Well, i guess your right. I think i just grew up too fast, my childhood sucked. No don't think I've been some loner with no friends, but family issues. I remember, there was a period of time when i believed in Santa, but i was very young. Believed him for maybe 2 years, then one time i waited for Santa till very late in my room, and saw my father put the presents.. Don't know why, but i didn't really care, somehow i knew that all along.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
You guys are harsh.

Santa, for kids, is something to look forward to. To believe that there was someone who was "making" toys for you for being good over the year, and was going to bring them to you with his magic sled and what not. Little kids learn by imagination. Even if it sparks just an ounce of happy in the kid, it did its job. My parents buy me gifts all the time, why should the Christmas gifts be any more special? Because they were from Santa!

Just think from a kids prospective guys, just because you grew up, don't forget all the awesome stuff you did as a kid...
and now a days, yes, all kids want are the gifts. Why? Because everyone is greedy as hell now, and no one appreciates the family time thats involved with Christmas.

I see your point there. Still, I find it harder to see the damage it may cause to them since when I was little, I didn't believe in Santa that much. Also figured out he didn't exist on my own without my mom or dad having to say or do anything. For some reason, it took me but a minute to get over it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
My next door neighbor broke the news to me. I ran home crying to my mom and dad when I heard it. I look back now and it is just history but at the time I felt betrayed by my parents for lying to me and making me look like an idiot in front of my friends. I told my kids this - the minute you say there is no santa you stop getting gifts from him. The ones who say there is no Santa have obviously stopped getting gifts from him so what does that tell you? I am part of the machine I know. My kids love Santa though.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't think I ever really believed in Santa. I wasn't really raised into believing in him. Instead I was raised to appreciate all the presents I got from my mom who worked her ass off to get me them. Not some stupid made up character that doesn't deserve an ounce of my thanks.

I think it's a much better way to think.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I stood up and told them there was no tooth fairy though. My youngest daughter looked at me like I was breaking her heart. That is one fairy tale my 10 and 8 year old dont hold anymore. The Easter Bunny is next.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
My next door neighbor broke the news to me. I ran home crying to my mom and dad when I heard it.
you was too sensitive ... I belived on it also but later I knew was not true. but tell or not?! Santa is Santa on Christmas day.. and fairy tale can be good for the child not need think about all the cruel/problems on the real world to fast..

I don't think I ever really believed in Santa. I wasn't really raised into believing in him. Instead I was raised to appreciate all the presents I got from my mom who worked her ass off to get me them. Not some stupid made up character that doesn't deserve an ounce of my thanks.

I think it's a much better way to think.
I don't think is any matter if you belived on santa or not you should appreciate all the presents you get and give some back.. whatever is a Christmas eve or not..

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
They're just children ... let their imagination go wild. Before they know it, they'll all be grown ups, so let them enjoy their years as a kid.

I used to believe in Santa so much. But, when the presents didn't come, I got over it pretty quick and decided Birthday presents were enough. :p

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to let children be children. I don't think the mind of a seven year old needs to have all the junk that we as adults have. Sometimes it doesn't matter if its true or not, the "magic" of it is what is special for them.

After reading alot of what most of you posted I wonder if any of you find anything about our world magical anymore? You act as if we are born into a curse of living, truth is our only escape from this broken world and there shouldn't be anything greater or mystical to wonder about. Sounds like a very harse Orwellian world you want to be in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.