Terraining Contest, Reward being decided.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
LOL okay, well see about that, i just PMed Ryoko 'cos he knows about the contest.

His inbox is full lol.

Maybe putting it in the news and hosting it would be a better prize, we just need to see if it is possible :p.

~Jindo

EDIT: was typing this the same time as you husky :p, a signature is a good idea, ill see which option i choose.

Only have 1 submission but more than one screenshot if you want. if you have 2 its kind of cheating. Say you submitted 5 and there were 8 submission, you have a 5 out of 8 chance of winning :p.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think you SHOULD allow multiple pictures, but for the same map.

The map should be submitted so we can verify that the pictures are from that map.

Only 1 map allowed, though :p

Any angle you can create, you can make a screenshot of. Naturally, you CAN make stupid ones, like looking from the bottom. But you won't win ;)

----------------------------------

Perhaps the reward could be getting the status of Terrain Winner, with that as your custom title, and Signature enabled?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I was thinking of a custom title, they may change the title and it may be forgotten though :p.

I personally thought husky's and your first ideas were good, signature, on the news and all that. :D

~Jindo

OFF TOPIC: Alexander, it says your off line at the moment, i think it will change when i switch to my XP lol.

DM Cross

Reaction score
To get a signature enabled, you must be raised to a status that that allows. A User Group.

Guests - Few rights.
Members - Most general post rights
Special Members - General Post Rights, along with a few Moderating rights (Can Delete their posts, can Delete their threads, etc.)
Hosted Mapper - Post rights, Moderating rights, Forum, Signature

Thus, TH would have to create another User Group to allow Signature AND a Custom Title. Or he could change it and disallow the user from changing it.

A problem with that:
You don't want the terrain winner to suddenly become more then Special Members. Thus, you would give them the title and signature, and probably that's all.

But what if the Winner IS a Special Member? You'd have to create ANOTHER status, so they can keep their Special Member rights, AND get their Signature.

But they can also change their title like that.

So it's all very confusing :D

--------------

I am very much online, I assure you and your computer of that :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
LOL it says your offline even on my XP! are you a ghost? :p.

Anyway, cant an admin just fix a signature on WITHOUT changing that?

Or make a group JUST LIKE special members only get a signature fixed, it be called Contest Winner :p.

Anyway, anymore contestants? join whenever you like the deadline is mentioned twice now.

~Jindo

DM Cross

Reaction score
Let's try to keep the judging talk behind the scenes :D Discussing in public isn't a good idea.

Please sign up to join in on the fun in this Terrain Contest for the Thehelper.net site :)

Or else! ;)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I just think a person should give you the map...
screenshots aren't liable.. some guys are bad at doing screenshots..
but ill give the you both :D

can I post the screenshots of my entry now??

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
yes.

If you are bad a screenshots then just go to scenario>view entire map and it will be accepted and thought on like the others.

dont send the maps, screenshots are better and it would be more hastle to send the maps.

~Jindo

Sargon

Reaction score
Yes, but if you are bad at making screenshots, then sending the map will allow the judges to see how good your map actually looks. View entire map always sorta looks sucky, and you can't see some things, like fire doodads, very well in it.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
yes but that would be if it was 128x128 or over, maybe 96x96, i have good eye sight but maybe the other judges dont.

If you did a terrain and you are terrible at screenshots, either get someone to help (you are allowed to get into teams of 2 people to work on the map) or send a map to one of the judges in anyway.

EDIT: all submissions go in this thread i remembered so if you must send your map, post it as an attachment.

~Jindo

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Lost​
"A land of mysterious happenings"​

You see before you the ship that made this island legend, Lost.
It was around the 1930's when people started exploring, a bunch of explorers encoutered a storm and were thrown on this island, they never came back.
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4999/shipwreck3br.jpg

After a year of a savage way of living, they started to get their strenght and they cut the fresh wood from the Lost and made a big fire to try to lure boats, planes, anything that could save them. It attracted something alright, but not what they wanted...
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/390/attemptedbonefire0sl.jpg

They had set their camp under the tall trees of the island, they thought they were safe until they met a beast, a beast from the highest peek of this island. They were too late. The beast came raging down on their camp and destroyed everything. Death...
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2948/camp8jg.jpg

6 months before they had encoutered the beast, they had followed pigs' footprints and it lead them to the only fresh water source on the island. It was as blue as the clear sky.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7949/waterfallbettr0ap.jpg

2 month after discovering the waterfall, they took their hopes and carried rocks from the waterfall to shore and lined them up to form a word "SOS"
Unfortunately, that was another unsuccesful try.
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/886/sos4ol.jpg

The years had been tough but every night at midnight, a shipwreck survivor could get a slight glimpse of an island toward the north.
They started making a small second camp on the north shore and started making a raft to go explore the newfound island.
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8052/2ndcamp8yz.jpg

After 2 hours of rowing toward the north with no knowledge of where they were exactly going, they encoutered the newfound island. It was full of exotic peaceful turtles. They named it, Turtle Island. They used the island for entertainment, they climbed the giant turtle's shells and slowly moved around.
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/934/turtleisland7hj.jpg

Small overview of the island..
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1741/overview5ex.jpg

Enjoy!

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
I like it krakka, what did you use as the background?(second last image)

EDIT: the waterfall could use some work it looks sort of like.. well look at the attachment.

Attachments

• waterfall1.JPG
    waterfall1.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 288

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
the waterfall is like that becuz there is an underground water cave thingy...
the water comes from the cave and thats why I put steam bubbles in there.. i don't think you can see it from my screenshots thoughl...
the background is just generic sky..

Sargon

Reaction score
Still, you could uncheck enforce water height limits and get rid of the random cliff that the water has to go up and over.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I just wana saw 1 thing about view entire map. You cant c if there is a cliff. I guese you could say it is sorta like an optical olision (cant spell). If you look at it one way you cud think its going higher and vice-versa. If you just change the view a lil bit you can still c the whole map and tell the diff cliffs. :)

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Another Question: Are you able to update your terrain submission as if to improve something, or fix something?

-Husky

K

Killfest2

Entry Details:

Type: Forest --> Rainforest

Name: Jadewood Creek -->

Submissions:

This beautiful creek flows through the middle of Jadewood Forest, traversing its way down the cliffs and through the valleys it has created over the centuries. One such place, known notoriously as the 'Jadewood Falls', is the hardest part of the course for Kayak teams who travel down this fast-flowing creek.

Screenshot II - Mid-Creek Island
This island is the only crossing of the river for miles. The Furlborgs, however, want your treasures before you get across.

Screenshot III - Forest Clearing
Home to the Wolf Clan of the Jadewood forest, this clearing is off-limits to all but the strongest. The Wolves are always hungry for Human and Furlborg meat alike.

Screenshot IV - Forest Path
It is said that the Keeper of the Forest once walked down this path, and the Braziers' flame jumped into the sky in honour. The Elfs who kept this path immaculate after this event have since left, leaving it overgrown.

Screenshot V – Monsoonal Rains
[Description Coming Soon]

Screenshot VI – [Nameless]

Screenshot VII – [Nameless]

I’ll finish the names and descriptions etc. off later, but I just wanted to get this posted.

DM Cross

Reaction score
husky_003 said:
Another Question: Are you able to update your terrain submission as if to improve something, or fix something?

-Husky

As far as I am concerned, if you enter the fixes in the ORIGINAL POST SUBMISSION, meaning edit the post you submit your shots in, BEFORE the deadline of the contest.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
well my entry is in so whatever...
Bow before me citizan of TH!

Code:
           ,",",",",    
           ______
           [o"+"o]
       ~~          ~~
      |     I    :     I   |
     /      I    :     I    \
   /        I    :     I      \
   \        I    :     I      /
    \       I    :     I     /
      \;;;;I    :     I;;;;/

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yes, but now you can fix it :D Because if you want my opinion, I agree with Wark's suggestions ;) :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.