Terraining Contest, Reward being decided.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Though the TERRAIN isn't as good as Killfest's (To me), I have to say, Husky's looks good. I like how he captured it and the scene he captured. A camera looking through the hills and out to a boat that's riding the seas, I really like it.

K

Killfest

THE RULES said:
JUDGING:

~Screenshots of the maps will be judged by:
~Size and realisticness.
~Tileset and how much the chosen tileset looks like whatever you chose to do.
~Screenshots of the maps will also be judged by how clever the name is.
~The map will be judged out of 10, the name will be judged out of 3, highest score you will be able to get is 13.

Unfortunately for Husky, the angle isn't judged according the rules.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
That's open to change.

K

Killfest

If that happens, I'll be resubmiting my screenies, with better angles.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Killfest said:
If that happens, I'll be resubmiting my screenies, with better angles.

My opinion on that?

Sweet :)

(Though, your's were really good already ;))

K

Killfest

There were some fundamental mistakes, like the green 'selected' circle in Pic II

K

Killfest

Sorry about the double posting - a problem about ebing banned :(

Anyways, I dont get this rule and it's use...

~Attach a screenshot of the entire map (advanced>view entire map) with the title and what it is supposed to be a map of (forest/beach/dungeon).

Now, as you can imagine, a melee map from this vew looks like a random bunch of green lines with a light blue thick line running through it - does this rule really have a point? Or am I missing a reason somehow...please enlighten me on this, someone, especially Jindo, as he he wrote it :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I think that was his solution to "what if we're bad at screenshots".

If you're bad at screenshots, just attach the map. I will look at it myself if I have to.

K

Killfest

Oh, OK - Thanks for that.

Do I still have to submit the map as it says - I'd rather not, as the real melee map is still in testing, and I never give pre-release maps away to anyone else than my close circle of testers. Could there possibly be an exception?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Probably not. You're not special :p Actually, I may be wrong (I barely know the rules, myself) But I don't think it's in the RULES you have to attach it. If it's not, then just don't. If it is, ask Jindo if he wants to drop the rule for everyone, not just you. Little selfish sounding ;)

K

Killfest

OK - I'll ask Jindo.

BTW sorry if I sounded selfish - I just can't possibly submit this map, and I'm trying to secure that need without losing marks/breaking the rules and Dqing myself.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
you can attach your map or give a link to a place which hosts things like maps and stuff.

Just make sure that we can see your map.

Updated terrain (i think by Killfest2) looks cool, i like it alot!.

Rinpun your map is a good style, i like the stuff about the pirate's hangout, it has some danger in it :D.

Husky, your angle, sky and sun rays together in that map make it beautiful!

This is not giving away who i am voting to win, i am merely complimenting the masterpieces :D.

~Jindo

PS: Killfest2, if you cant submit your map in any way and are not a good screenshotter, then send me the map over MSN if you have MSN.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Jindo, that's what he DOESN'T want to do. He's working on his map, and doesn't want anyone to see it but his close friends, who are apparently also his beta testers. He wants to know if we can drop the rule saying you HAVE to give the map to us.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
by request: adding a criteria on the first post to clarify how the terrain will be marked.

This will not affect any thing in the contest :).

~Jindo

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Here is my submission...since the contest doesnt end for a while...ill most likely be updating the screenshots/map...but in case i dont, i wanted to go ahed and post....

Ambush
A small area in the forest where unsuspecting travelers dissappear without any trace. No one knows where they go, but only the bravest and most desperate travel through here.​

Overview of the forest

Perhaps this is why travelers disappear...hungry furblogs..
Waterfall with Furblog

The furblog is waiting to prey on the warry travelers who venture through the forest.
Watching and Waiting

Watching and Waiting2

There is a small waterfall in the confinds of this forest that draws animals to this area of the forest.
Waterfall

The waterfall picture would look better if the tree's had better texture, but I still included the screen because I thought it looked cool.
This is the first terrain I've done of an actual forest, but I thought I might as well try something new..

hope you like it..
-hobo218

(I've also attached my map so where you judges can have a look at the entire thing)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I like that alot :D.

I like how the furblogs are hidden in the trees.

It is very realistic and... cool a new smily! :nuts:!

Anyway, overall that is very good, you should be very proud of this map :).

~Jindo

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
thx jindo....im not really much of a terrainer so that just boosted my confidence! woot! lol

It is very realistic and... cool a new smily :nuts: !
lol...that was random...

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
lol!

I was aiming to boost cofinidence, i do that sometimes :p.

random? lol! i think that but my friend thinks his other friend is random :p.

So far, all terrain is good, i will have a tough time judging but just to let all know:

Everyone's work is GREAT, outstanding everywhere, you are all great terrainers :D!

~Jindo :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.