Terraining Contest | Theme: Movies | Deadline 12.08.10 - 27.08.10

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I feel like the theme is to restrictive.

Hmm... I see a thousand posibilites in this theme. Too bad I am not a very skilled terrainer.

And, unlike some other forum members, I really like the "no imports" rule :thup: once in a while, a terraining contest where moddeling is not a part of the terrain creation, is nice

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i like "no imports" terraining contests a lot, thats one of the most interesting parts of them.
but in combination with this theme i think it is just too restrictive and not constructive in any way.

i am not against the rule but the combination of the rule and the theme.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I feel like the theme is to restrictive.

I feel the rules are too restrictive, especially "send the map instead of a screenshot" one

it just seems weird to let the judge take screenshots...

I agree with Accname, you can't do much without imports at this one... unless if we were allowed to make scenes of Warcraft's movies, like Archimonde hugging the World Tree etc.

I wish the next contest will be a spell-making one

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
Keep in mind that although he's taking the screenshots, they're going to be taken from the point of view of cameras that you get to place. If you aren't trying to copy the screenshot down to every excruciating detail, and instead just trying to make a coherent shot that is recognizable as being from the scene in question, it doesn't seem too difficult of a task. For example, my attachment is a shot from a very basic map that took me about 20 minutes total to create, and it should (hopefully) be easily identifiable.

(This is not a submission)

Attachments

• An Image.jpg
    An Image.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 215

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it should be matrix i guess.

though the terrain looks hilariously ugly i like the use of brillance aura in the picture.

lenco12

Reaction score
Off-topic:- Are you back now? Awesome :D.

On-topic:- While I'm not really a terrainer...but I've seen some really awesome terrains from people, so I'm keeping my eye on this. GL to everyone participating! I might try for fun :p.

I wanna join but Im a bit confused. Does the terrain we make have to be something that looks exactly like in a movie or similar(like a forest with similar elements but not exact)? Also, do we state the movie its from?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.