World Thai fireman in 'spider-man' rescue of autistic boy

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
BANGKOK (AFP) – A Thai fireman turned superhero when he dressed up as comic-book character Spider-Man to coax a frightened eight-year-old from a balcony, police said Tuesday.

Teachers at a special needs school in Bangkok alerted authorities on Monday when an autistic pupil, scared of attending his first day at school, sat out on the third-floor ledge and refused to come inside, a police sergeant told AFP.

Despite teachers' efforts to beckon the boy inside, he refused to budge until his mother mentioned her son's love of superheroes, prompting fireman Sonchai Yoosabai to take a novel approach to the problem.

The rescuer dashed back to his fire station and made a quick change into a Spider-Man costume before returning to the boy, he said.

Read the news here.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I bet you it's that guy that was healed from the spider recently, ;).
I know it's not...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That fireman is awesome. :)

Tythoid

Reaction score
Nice to read something positive for once. Its good to see that even fictional heroes can have a good impact on our lives :thup:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Nice to read something positive for once. Its good to see that even fictional heroes can have a good impact on our lives :thup:
Yeah! and have a idea to dress like a Spider-Man .. not evry day someone do that!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Now they're doing cover-ups of what our superheroes do, trying to make it look like they're the good guys and not our superheroes. They're starting to get creative.

I'm curious as to why Spider-man didn't just shoot out a web and swing up to the kid. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else open the article just to see if they had a picture of a fireman dressed as Spider-Man?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.