The Lands of Asha - An RPG

Reaction score
Long time no see.

Well, I have managed to return (probably) to the Warcraft map-making.
Yeah, I know, no block-busters from me or any extra-oridinary maps, but, well, It's a long abandoned project of mine I though I could return.

Hopefully, I haven't forgot all the WE stuff (I't like riding bike, right?)

So, I proudly present you my re-newed and re-named project,

The Lands of Asha

A Multiplayer RPG You have never seen before.

Story:
In a place far away from the world of Warcraft, there was a different world, a different place, though it had many similarities, it was something else. It was a world of adventures, of experience, of magic, and of technology, inhabited by various races and many, many creatures, most of which were friendly. It was the land of Asha.

The world thrived and was prosperous, the inhabitants never knowing the meaning of the word “war”, for a time being. But then Warcraft, a horrid world came. It ravaged the land, and utterly destroyed everything that was sacred, and good. They also corrupted many of the Humans, and the peaceful Elves. They killed and slaughtered at will, raising the bodies of the dead and killing the living, changing the world of Asha, forever.

The Goddess of the world, the mighty Asha herself, saw everything from above, and she wept, four of her godly tears plummeting, and vanquishing all of the intruders. Yet it was too late – the evil had gone too deep into the world, and it would not be easily cleansed.

You must enter this world, and change its fate by collecting the four tears of the Goddess, and ripping the evil from the very heart of the land of Asha.

Features:
-You can "design" your own character - It's skills, attributes, altidute, spells, equipment and more.
-Up to 16 Skills, starting from magic schools and finishing with Engineering or Enchanting
-Tenths of spells for each school, althrough a player can only learn 11 at most.
-AAAInventory system (for those who don't know, you Have to equip items to make them work, also, you have an inventory of 25 items (4 basic slots, 5 equipment slots and 16 bag slots))
-Equipment you can see on your character. That's right, You will see what you equip.
-Specific magic system, when your skill in teh corresponding magic school and Intelligence directly affects the effect of spell.
-Specific loot system, when unit dies it either leaves it's body or a bag/chest of loot, that you can take items from.
-A Quest system that reminds of WoW/Original campaigns.
(Note. I sitll have to fill in all the credits, but as the map is not finished at all... :) )

Downlaod at the bottom

Some Information:

Units:
Rat (level 1) - Hostile - A pest that is weak, althrough agressive and can pack quite a punch when they surround you. Loot - Rat Tails, Rat Fur

Putrid Zombie (level 2) - Passive - So mindless and weak that doesn't attack until attacked itself. It is decaying fast and creates a Disease cloud around itself that deals minor damage. Loot - Rotten Eyes, Corpus meat

Putrid Zombie (level 2) - Passive - Pretty mindless and weak, doesn't attack until attacked itself. Somewhat stronger than the Putrid cousin, it is also armed with short sword, usually broken one. Loot: Rotten eyes, Corpus meat, Various Shortswords.

Bandit Bottle-washer (level 3) - Hostile - The lowest - ranked bandit, he's got some hate to put into. Armed with a dangerous short sword and althrough only with a lousy cloth armor, it can pose a serious threat at it is rarely found alone. Loot - Coins, Various Shortswords

Decayed Zombie Warrior (level 4) - Hostile - A mindless creature that is not as weak as it might look - armed with a shortsword and a buckler, it's got it's basic equipment for battle. Loot - Rotten Eyes, Corpus meat, Various Shortswords and Small Shields.

Decayed Zombie Mage (level 4) - Hostile - An oddity that is not found very often, this creature has some skills to launch volleys of fire upon it's enemies, as well as cursing them. Loot - Rotten Eyes, Corpus meat, Various Wooden Staves, Possibly Level 1 Scrolls.

Incest Orc (Level 5) - Hostile/Horde - Usually sent into the front lines because of the weakneses from the incest, it can also be found away from horde, lurking for prey. They're equiped with some rusty Longswords and Small Shields. Loot - Orc Tooth, Greenskin, Various Longswords and Small Shields.

Incest Orc Shaman (Level 5) - Hostile/Horde - An Incest Orc that is weaker than it's bretheren, It posseses some magical power that allows to use energy strike on enemies and even dispel the magic of other. Loot - Orc Tooth, Greenskin, Various Wooden Staves and Small Shields, Possibly Level 1 Scrolls.

Decayed Zombie Warlord (Level 6 *Boss*) - Hostile - A once great warlord of the Undead, It now may be found nearly rotten in the Graveyard, surrounded by other Decayed bretheren. Not particulary smart or strong, althrough equiped with Iron Helmet, Longsword and Iron Shield, it only has an aura that adds a small boost to surrounding troops and usually a mage-servant that can curse it's enemies.

Summonable Units:

Rat - Tank -A basic and weak unit, Just for a starting mage.

Treant - Tank - Pretty basic tank, it has slowing attack wich can help to defend!

Spells:

Energy Strike - Destruction - Minor damage to enemies.

Lightning Strike - Destruction - Small damage to enemies.

Fireball - Destruction - Minor damage to enemies, interrupt.

Energy Beam - Destruction - Medium Damage to enemies

Lesser Heal - Restoration - Minor hitpoints restoration

Now, Screenshots:

Yes, That's a plenty of screenshots :)

Anyway, I am currently looking for beta-testers that could help me balance things, get more ideas and stuff.

Current map progress:
I'm not going to give you totaly random numbers that should increase with every edit of this post, just a rough explanation what's already done and what needs to be done.

Terraining - Nearly 1/3rd.

Triggering - Who knows. Already did the Spell, Leveling, Skill systems, Loot ssytem is nearly done, Still need to implent quest system and save system. Also more skills and other stuff.

Skills/magic - Not much done. Just the four magic schools and few basic spells to test stuff.

Items - That AAAIinventory system is a lot of work to make some items. Items will be categorized by quality and type, for example, Broken Shortsword or Oridinary Longsword, etc. Currently there's already 60+ items, And I'm planning on getting like 300 atleast (Yeah. That's gonna take awhile)

Quest System - Hopefully, Totaly prfectly implented. Just a small problem eith the "!" mar appearing over the questgivers twice or thrice.

Save/load stuff - Totaly not done. I don't think I'll be able to do it myself, after all, when finished, there will be loads of items, up to 11 spells in spellbook, 16 Skills, Inventory with 25 items, Level of hero, attributes of hero, Resources of player...
That's going to be like 100 characters for the code... I'm thinking even if it is possible.

Attachments

• (6)LandsofAshaRPG0.75.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 310
Reaction score
That was pretty fast.
Allright, Battle[StFh], you're in.

I'll send you the first version soon, just have to fix few bugs (like creature dropping hundreds of items.... Not sure why) and finish the loot system.

Reaction score
Ahh, I'll just upload the first beta version for you guys. You have to play with either the names you use on these forums, or the warcraft "the frozen throne" for ayumilove or "Blekdar"

I've got to take care of some things, So I hope to see you later, like like today in the evening GMT+2 (about 4-6 hours from this post).

Only fixed bugs on loot system. Still need balancing, Skills, spells, items, and probably make an XP system that would allow to create parties, give expierence based of damage and then expierence for kills, also improve loot system so the one who did most damage can take the loot, not the one who did final blow.

!@#$ Beta tester System.

Reaction score
Well guys, I'm thinking of meeting Today on, for example, Skype, then do the "Synchronization and stuff" and go test stuff out.

Not much to test, but just need to check main problems that were before.
Also, I really need to balance stuff, like Magic is currently really... Hard stuff.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Does that include me too to tell my Battle.net account? I'm not sure (If I host, you're all screwed :(). I can join to test, but can't host. I have 2 firewalls active.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.