The most promising projects currently?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> I'd go with DOTA thoug. The only project that hasn't failed so far.
Where have you been recently?
DotA does dominate the maps list, but it's by no means not the only project that hasn't failed.
Anyway, I believe he wants 'other' projects.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
if the game isint completed or atleast has a good beta already finished i dont expect them to ever finish.

Nudl9

Reaction score
What fails so much about the newer maps is that they'r either a rip-off from another map or multiple maps, or the map might be original, but the creator never manages to pull out the gameplay.

I'll explain a little what makes a map good or bad by taking examples from popular, good or bad maps:
DotA - Its a rip-off from the aos genre, but takes the best ideas of all maps. A top quality map.
Soldiers - Fun and original map, but laggs like fuck. Lacks of quality and could've been made better.
SmotA - DotA rip-off at its best.
GotA - Same.
Modern Warfare by Illidan(Evil)X - One helluwah sexy map, but lacks completely in gameplay.
Tomb of Jarahcon - An interesting map, but gameplay is too boring, needs variation in each level and sucks due to randomness.
Obsidian Depths - ToJ rip-off, but unlike ToJ it manages to add variation to the gameplay making it more fun, hard game though.
Prisonbreak (v3.8) by me - A map i've made, original idea, gameplay is boring however due to lack of items and variation. Should be more possibilities.
Elimination Tournament - Originality at its best. A top quality map.
Elimination Tournament 2 - A clone of the original ET. Its a desperate attempt to make ET more fun with new content, but the new content makes it suck (cept for jump pads, boosters and abbyss). The imbalance kills the competetive gameplay (No offence Fulla, but you suck when it comes to balance) it once had (thats why ET1 fans dislike it).
Desert of Exile - Another spawn of the aos genre, but with an original twist. A top quality map.
Sharpshooter Arena Demo - An original map, but could've been so so so much more then it currently is, i know the creator made a new sharpshooter map, but it was just really boring.
Escape Builder - The best escape map builder. The problem with the map is that it just doesnt attract players for some reason. Possibly because everyone wanna be builders. I cant really tell why its not popular.
Ninja Duels - Funny and entertaining map, but lacks completely of quality.
Rabbits vs Sheeps - Its just a boring map, really... There is no variation to this game. Custom heroes doesnt even improve the map because of the fact that it is so boring.
TD's in general - They are just boring, got too little interaction, too long waiting periods, have little variation in gameplay and once you find the perfect recipe of winning the game. Your done...
Escape maps in general - Escape maps are very entertaining, especially if your bored. The problem with these kinda maps is that they lack of originality. Once the ice sliding was invented its been used a dozen times.
Footmen Frenzy and HLW - I cant really say much about these kind of maps, because only mindless retards play them and i can see the "fun" in it.

Tythoid

Reaction score
Games I like to play are Risks are people that are good at other games such as hero games are bad at them :D and ive seen quite a few promising projects.

Wow Risk even though its a shame the latest map atm is just a upgrade of meais original that he didnt protect so it got swiped.

Risk Devolution The clan that swiped risk rev to make dev are doing some interesting things with that but really they polished already good map till it shines.

Galaxy Risk which will be out soon stand at blowing all the other risks out of the water.

Castle fight is very promising but im hoping eeve hasnt gotten bored with the map and stopped updating it since its been a while since i got a update.

Reaction score
Yep.

I'd go with DOTA thoug. The only project that hasn't failed so far.

This is one seriously baffling post.

What fails so much about the newer maps is that they'r either a rip-off from another map or multiple maps, or the map might be original, but the creator never manages to pull out the gameplay.

So what you want is a map that features original gameplay, but is as polished and fun as a map that is made with the hindsight and experience of a well-established genre? That is like expecting a prototype to be as good as the finished product.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Guys, you shouldn't even bring DotA up in topics at all. Also, there is no such thing as a DotA rip off map, they're all the same genre, you just think DotA was the original, when it was not.

Also, I don't know of any promising projects right now.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
What are the most promising wc3 map/campaign projects currently?

You want projects, as in maps that look promising but are not finished, correct?

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Look around at the maps that have a decent amount of posts, and then look for ones with some actual game content (screenshots, videos, beta test maps, etc).

I think a lot of the people on this site are too busy with their own projects to be playing other peoples' though, so you wouldn't get too many recommendations from anyone other than the creators.

Nudl9

Reaction score
Also, there is no such thing as a DotA rip off map, they're all the same genre
Maps that have the exact the same gameplay more or less are rip-offs, you cant deny that.
I mean compare SmotA to DotA, it got the exact same gameplay, but is just more hero killing focused. SmotA didnt even mean something at first, untill they finally came up with a full name.
So you're telling me that there isnt anything such as a rip-off to another map?

you just think DotA was the original, when it was not.[/
Im not a fucking retard

So what you want is a map that features original gameplay, but is as polished and fun as a map that is made with the hindsight and experience of a well-established genre? That is like expecting a prototype to be as good as the finished product.
Most maps just ends up as prototypes and thats exactly what i mean.
They lack either in gameplay, quality or balance.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
ToB O for sure. We've been waiting it for like 4 years now.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This is one seriously baffling post.

Baflinng? Ok, then, sue me for playing dota.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
god why is it that if the word dota is ever mention in a post it turns into a fight >.>

as for promising projects, id look into Soldiers. it might get laggy but its extremely fun

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well since we are talking about DotA..

DotA is enjoyable most of the time ( Its enjoyable when you want to relax and pwn some random nubs ), but there is way too much stupid little flaws which make make that map suck. IceFrog just focuses on adding tons of new shit every week instead of working with those real gameplay problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.