The One Mother Theory

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
This topic will debate on if it's possible we all came from the same 'one mother'. For those that don't know "The One Mother Theory" is a theory that we all originate from that same 'one mother'. What this means is that through the generations only the children, childrens chilren, etc. of one had continued to reproduce and by the end all living humans outside of Africa were her desense (sorry if I spelled that wrong). Now this does not fully mean that everybody was always her desense because she came from the 1 group of 3 that left Africa. I will leave it at that and get to my position on the topic, if you want to learn more please google it (I couldn't find a link)

I personally do believe this one. Unlike "The Out of Africa Theory" this one has less flaws. There were many other humans around to spread their genes to avoid inbred children. When the amount of people not from the 'one mother' had run out those that did share the 'one mother' didnt have enough DNA incommen to cause any problems from reproduction (the children were no inbred). While this would take a long time you must remember it is believed to have happened over 200 thousand years ago.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts (unless Miz causes me to lose interest again :p).

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
One father might be possible, if you look at how almost every Asian person is related to Genghis Khan because he was a badass who slept around a whole lot during his conquest. But one mother seems incredibly unlikely, unless you believe in the whole Adam and Eve thing. You have to take into account a nine month gestation period for each baby. Considering this, and how evolution works, I don't see how there can possibly be "one mother". Unless I completely misunderstood what you are saying.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
What the theory states is one woman had two daughters and no sons. After the generations only this one womans desense were left becuse the desense of the rest had all died off.

As for one father, I find that unlikely. Back then there was no badassery for one man to be with every woman that moves. But it is possible that the so called 'one mother' was only with one man so who knows.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
The thing about this topic is that we have no idea exactly when the first humans lived, and we have no idea exactly how many there were.

If you believe in the bible: Adam and Eve pretty much sums it up.

However, I can see something along these lines being true.
We can only assume that there were very few humans at the beginning of our race.

So, if this is true, hey brothers/sisters :)

Sorry my English isn't perfect, not my first language xD

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
Not the only woman
One of the misconceptions of mitochondrial Eve is that since all women alive today descended in a direct unbroken female line from her that she was the only woman alive at the time. However nuclear DNA studies indicate that the size of the ancient human population never dropped below some tens of thousands; there were many other women around at Eve's time with descendants alive today, but somewhere in all their lines of descent there is at least one man (and men do not pass on their mothers' mitochondrial DNA to their children). By contrast, Eve's lines of descent to each person alive today includes at least one line of descent to each person which is purely matrilineal.

thats the sceintific theory on said sort of theory, but the theory isnt that she was the only mother sort of thing.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I don't believe it for a second, We all originate from same "one mother" :rolleyes:

The thing about this topic is that we have no idea exactly when the first humans lived, and we have no idea exactly how many there were.
We will probably never know. . Well, maybe that's a good thing.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Well, even if this "one mother" theory is/isn't correct, we all evolved from a hairy slimeball. So hello there slimey bros and sisters!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Aww... So I can't say "brother from another mother" anymore? D=

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
It kinda' seems like a loose theory. Idk, I haven't looked deeply into any type of research. It seems near impossible though, maybe we all started from the same cell but the same mother is too far down the evolutionary trail for there to be one. Unless we came from that one number from near extinction, which still doesn't make that much sense to me. Pictures of how this one mother reproduced into the mother of mothers are needed. Only then will I be satisfied.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
attachment.php

in the end she was related to everyone but not everyone was related to the other whimmin. plus back then there was a lot of incest and other narsty things going on.

Attachments

• explanation.png
    explanation.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 549
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.