The Sands of Time (Discussion Thread)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Update:
I now have recruited 2 freelance modelers for this mod, and I'm a lucky one. Although my hard disk had a failure, I'll redo the Game Interface and Tile Textures soon. Whenever my modelers will succesfully render one model (unaminated and unskinned yet) then It'll be shown in this thread.

The Sands of Time

The Sands of Time - Introduction

A project that turns Warcraft III TFT into Dune II, on Full 3D, adding many features, some units, but also implementing changes, which is like creating an entire new game. It will be composed of campaigns for House Atreides, House Harkonnen and House Ordos. There will also be a bonus campaign which leads the player to the homeplanets of the three houses, transporting the chosen house to that planet using a Guild Heighliner.

This is not a project like Project Revolution. Why I'm doin' this because Westwood Studios never bothered to strive for the Dune games. A group of people demanded to have their next Dune game but we rose to the challenge and we're building up this project.

The team that builds this project is Modcraft 3D. I formed this group to further organize tasks for the project. It's composed just of a Group Leader (me), 2d artist (me), 3D modellers and internal programmers for Wc3.

For now, feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I'm doing much progress on this mod, but it seems slow. I am in need of modelers and I'm going to find one elsewhere. Just visit the website frequently, and don't say this project is gonna die.

(replied cause no one is recognizing this thread):confused:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Well I hate remakes of already existing games... It's useless, and if you want to play Dune, play the original instead.
Sorry for bashing your Project...
But I think others might think different about my Oppinion =)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Uhh, hello.. A remake is just something like a change in the graphics, not the game's functionality. This modification has new units/buildings and campaigns, and much more like new superweapons, Parachute, and a hangar, and 3D graphics. I got the newest team member 2 days ago and he's the tester.

If you hate remakes of existing games then you hate Project Revolution.. careful

ONTOPIC: Kay I'm doing good right now. But the FDF file issue is not fixed yet. I'm also making a website for this mod, and getting all the support I need from my friends at FED2k.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
In my opinion... I don't like that this mod will disable my ability to play Battle.Net

I think you should try a different game like GENERALS... Now thats a mod I need...

Sorry, but I think warcraft mods should not exist... I mean like... This game really sucks in interactivity and flexibilty and sorts, only custom maps really lets this game live...

crystalguard

Reaction score
The Sands of Time - Introduction

A project that turns Warcraft III TFT into Dune II
well if its gonna be anything like Dune, you know ima be playing it
on Full 3D, adding many features, some units, but also implementing changes, which is like creating an entire new game.
Another reason this game is gonna be awsome
superweapons, Parachute, and a hangar
it just keeps sounding better... i cant wait for it :D

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I chose Warcraft III for this mod to be created. I dunno if B.net will work here, but theres a 100% chance to play this on LAN.

I'm currently researching in the Dune wiki at FED2k, so that I could get better ideas. Yeah, added superweapons and the Hangar. I love air units, so the hangar will help augment the air force on Dune.

There will also be a new House added if we have more time before the initial release, if not, in the 2nd release.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I think you need to post more info on this thread. It seems that noone knows of or even cares to find out what dune is. I personally have never bothered to watch the movies, or play the games. Get some info on the dune universe down here, aswell as some images of dune related content, whether it is pictures from the film or fan art.

To Vicboy - custom maps and mods can be the same thing, I'm pretty sure what he means by not being b.net compatible is that it may go over the 4mb map size limit. If your game is about generals or dune doesn't change the fact that if it is over 4mb in size you can't play it on b.net.

Anyways, from what I have made of it (from looking at your site) it seems like a good idea. We need more custom future shit in war 3, I can't believe how lazy people are when it comes to sci-fi. If I see another marine model I think I am going to puke. Good luck yo

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Lol, this seems interesting. I've gotten mods before for other games, but how will this work for WCIII? Is it a map or an in-game implanted mod? or something else...?

Anyways, I saw the Dune movies a long time ago, the most memorable part was when the fat guy was pulled out by the snake and eaten. Or something like that. The BARON!

And I think I played a demo of the game before, don't remember where. Didn't you like build your base or something?

I'll be waiting...

(off-topic: rofl, i went on that modding site, who would've thought that people still make mods for CnC Gold)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
From my plans, this will first be in the form of a demo map (obviously it has a big filesize) An example mod in the form of a map that I found on THW is Project Red Alert. Then I'll have to recruit a select few talented people to make an installer or an mpq for this mod, while giving them the open source version, it is an in-game implanted mod.

I've got two modelers at my disposal but still it will be a tough thing to do. It'll take years before the first release, just like Project Revolution took 4 years to create and finally release.

But don't despair, there will be periodical screenies and updates given. And this project will never be dead. He only sleeps once in a while, but can't let the mod die.

I don't think TH.net will create a subdomain for this mod upon release like PR in Wc3c (if you like, then thanks). But I found one site which really deserves this mod, FED2K.

thanks guys!

hawky287

Reaction score
wow sounds interesting xD
o_O theres a Dune 2 game butshares no story line or gameplay
seems fun
i would love to help but im kinda busy and i dunno what i can do xD
haha so im a person who wants to help/try making maps but has little/ no experience xD
hmm ill guess ill just keep tabs on this project for now
keep up the good work

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Project rev isn't really fully released. :rolleyes:
I know i've played it. They have to still fix a lot of shiz

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Thank you guys!

I've never seen Protoss or Zerg played yet in PR but I hope they too will have a good time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.