The Terrain Thread

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Nein. its the birds doodad, its just a bunch of birds flying in a circle, i just waited for the right moment for them to be in my screen

I think you should have used more of the water model instead of just making the scale bigger. It makes the lakes look a lot nicer.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
it is a lot of water models...?

Tythoid

Reaction score
To compostion of the pictures quite good however I would like to see how it looked if you increased the camera angle so its more horizontal. The cliff and the river could do with a bit of smoothing as theres still alot of sharp angles finally a perhaps change the tile from dirt to grass of some kind and put the rushes in the water :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I thought it would be like MapleStory mushrooms :( :(

1. Ewww cliffs.
2. There are no faces on the mushrooms.
3. The sky looks weird.
3. The mushroom coloring don't suit each other.

I'm no terraining expert, but those are the things I noticed.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
In my humble opinion the main problem with the mushroom forest is the placement of the mushrooms. Seriously, how often does the trees/mushrooms grow in such strait lanes? :)It kinda looks like someone planted them there. And maybe some smaller mushrooms grow in the grass, or something :p

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
The Rainforest

The Rainforest: NEW
jungle.jpg

Basically, a rainforest.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Use different tree's, those don't fit the rain forest theme. They are too enchanting. Also, you should make the rainforest more over grown. It will look better. Antoher thing, cover the sky to make it fell like the forests take in all the sunlight.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
That's somewhat hard to do... any suggestions for which tree? I might make a horror forest one later XD.

Enchanting? I will have to make the fog blacker also right?

The rain is good?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
use UTM3 trees, imo. they have some nice rainforest-y ones

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Or world trees.
Rain and sunshine? Either you add a rainbow or remove one of them. I'd say keep the rain, it fits better to a... rain forest.
Dark green fog would look good.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
World of Warcraft: Draenei vs. Tauren

Moo

Attachments

• MooMoo.jpg
    MooMoo.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 358

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wow 2-P, i dont know what to say, other than I WANT UR BABIES
that is really amazing

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well out of all my maps this is the best looking piece and no its not a joke got that

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 297

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
The tauren being sucked in is kinda lost. The others don't really notice. It actually made me laugh. THe saucer looks good just, a bit to simple for me. I think I've seen too much of those saucers.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
use UTM3 trees, imo. they have some nice rainforest-y ones

I'll stick with WC3 ones :)

Or world trees.
Rain and sunshine? Either you add a rainbow or remove one of them. I'd say keep the rain, it fits better to a... rain forest.
Dark green fog would look good.

World trees? Won't they bee too big or the base will look weird. Er.. the point is that some light pierces through the rainforest.

well out of all my maps this is the best looking piece and no its not a joke got that

Um... what exactly is it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rainforest: Updated
jungle2u.jpg
*I've added some shadow so it looks like light is being absorbed by it.
*Also some darker fog.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, it could pass for a rain forest, if rain forests had pine trees and deer...

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'll stick with WC3 ones :)

World trees? Won't they bee too big or the base will look weird. Er.. the point is that some light pierces through the rainforest.

Um... what exactly is it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rainforest: Updated
jungle2u.jpg
*I've added some shadow so it looks like light is being absorbed by it.
*Also some darker fog.
look at the pictures its just some of my terain and thats the best i can do

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
The pic looks good but make there be more fog. Change its ZStart and ZEnd lower so you don't see the sky in between trees. The sky kills the picture. Also, add more shrubs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.