The Terrain Thread

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"Anyone know why there is a yellow light on the far-away Low Walls?, its not the fog"

That's Warcraft's (crappy) lightning engine, not much you can do about it.

Too many sun rays, make a few small regions with the sun ray effect instead of one big.
The last one is my favorutie, it's TOO dark though and the torch on the right side is distracting.

M

MisterFrank!

Well I just came across this, might as well post some of mine..
Abandoned Cabin Surrounded by Haunted Woods at Night.
This is my first "Good" terrain. Be harsh :)<
I made this cabin from separated walls and such.

FranksTerrain.jpg

Monastary in the dark. With something in the woods...
This is my second terrain.
This one is more simple then the first.

Franksterrain002.jpg

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really like the cabin in the woods. :thup:

Not so sure on the monastary though. That may be because the cathedral is not a great model and looks quite stretched.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I have made some new terrain, it first started as a Rainbow idea, but that became too impossible for me...

So I made:
(Credits to the Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0, credit to that, cause I don't know the author of the model's creator
- Light Blue
- Light 45 degrees
- Light
The Bottom of a Waterfall
terrainendofwaterfallxw7.jpg
Goblin Flight
terraingoblinflightpj0.jpg
Underwater Horror
terrainunderwaterhorrorfz4.jpg

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think such a huge waterfall needs more vapour and bubbles and stuff. It took me a while to even notice that waterfall...

Where is that big ray of light coming from in the second one?
You can clearly see the sun in the background. And that ray look horribly out of place.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Wtf is the second picture? I see about 3 different light sources there, one of which is horrendously ugly (the light from above).

Tythoid

Reaction score
Out of the last three pictures the third is definatly the best but it still needs some work. You can see some floating rocks and the colour seems a bit too dark and it makes the work youve put in dark to see.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
True.
1) [Romek] You've mentioned that about the waterfall, but do you think it suits?
I will later edit it and make the waterfall more prominent but still suit the theme.
2) The sun is meant to be shining above T_T...lol... now I understand, I will just remove that.
3) The theme is meant to be the cave of an underwater horror creature. Meant to be dark, maybe I should lighten it a bit?... but the focus is the eyes of the creature.
[Thyroid] I will make those rocks not fly and a bit lighter.

Thanks all for commenting on them.

I've edited my terrain:
End of Waterfall
terrainendofwaterfall02gu8.jpg
NEW: Bird Army
terrainrainbowkf1.jpg
Underwater Horror
terrainunderwaterhorrormk2.jpg

Tythoid

Reaction score
The pictures are a improvement, the colouring of the underwater monster is wonderful however im surprised you up loaded them with the green ring of doom.:nuts: Lastly in the bird army you dont need the light rays over the sun

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
The pictures are a improvement, the colouring of the underwater monster is wonderful however im surprised you up loaded them with the green ring of doom.:nuts: Lastly in the bird army you dont need the light rays over the sun

I think the skybox makes the rays do that, so he can't really do anything about it.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback, I won't re-upload any more images, my internet is PEAKED.... very slow.

You've commented the Underwater Horror and the Bird Army, what about the Waterfall?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"what about the Waterfall?"

The light looks bad. Not your fault, it's just the model that doesn't look good if you squeeze it too much. And the floating gold and book are like... wut oO. Try "normal" gold that doesn't defy the laws of gravity.

>"I think the skybox makes the rays do that, so he can't really do anything about it. "

Take another sky or choose another camera angle where you can't see the sun or the rays.

Wandering City

Void (Ghostwind) and me did that one together.

Attachments

• WanderingCityy.jpg
    WanderingCityy.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 348

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That new piece is amazing!

Great joint work :thup:

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I don't know why but I don't like the way the stuff are like curved and all from the city. The demon pedestals. They don't fit in for me and I think the fog should affect the city. There's only fog behind the city.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
How long did it take to raise all that?

I get so annoyed at raising and lowering, especially with like walls, for like, a big city.

Wandering City < What exactly is that? It looks like something off Mother (Ness), the Porky guy's machine.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
YAY well i got WC3 installed on my comp so i made a terrain
i call it, Deep in the Forest:
deepintheforestvn9.jpg

its been awhile so it aint too great. comments to improve my terraining would be appreciated

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
1. The image is too big, it takes up my browser...

I: It looks like a lake, I thought it would be like a dark gloomy green forest with like deadly things.
II: That water is a doodad right? It looks good.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
1. The image is too big, it takes up my browser...
yeah srry bout that my computer has a high resolution, cant do much about it =\

I: It looks like a lake, I thought it would be like a dark gloomy green forest with like deadly things.
is it because of the name? i sorta made the name like, the story behind it like beastmaster and misha were wandering long in a forest until they finally found serenity deep inside. i dk.

II: That water is a doodad right? It looks good.
yes, its the water doodad in UTM

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Nein. its the birds doodad, its just a bunch of birds flying in a circle, i just waited for the right moment for them to be in my screen

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.