The Terrain Thread

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you sort out the sky it would look a lot better, but that is actually a fairly accurate terrain.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Yea, I need to make the background, the sky, and fix the fog a bit. Im actually using the finished product of this terrain to join wc3 wow. Craka already told me to try and see if I'm up to it.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I remember when I was going to help with that project like a year ago... hmm but I dropped out because I uninstalled WoW.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I remember that too. You said you had a lot of free time. Here's another picture with a Storm Sphere:

Untitled-125.jpg

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice, :O The sky and city (looks like Thunderbluff?) fit well, and looks awesome.
The plains area looks a bit... plain though. Shouldn't these Tauren places have more tall grass and stuff? But still great, :thup:

EDIT: Woah, I just noticed the spires in the background, lmao. Make them more plateau-ish, like the city, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Supposed to be the mountians in the background. Couldn't raise terrain high enough so i used the rock spires.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't like the terrain. It's boring and ugly.
Sure, it looks like the WoW one quite a lot, though that doesn't make the terrain good in any way. :p

Good job on making such a similar terrain though.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
True. The only good part of the terrain would be the city but the rest is boring. Im going to finish the city and then show it to Craka. After, I'll add shrubs and stuff to make it better.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I don't like the terrain. It's boring and ugly.
Sure, it looks like the WoW one quite a lot, though that doesn't make the terrain good in any way. :p

Good job on making such a similar terrain though.

Sadly craka is being a nazi about having it look 100% like WoW. I once suggested having it have the exact playability of WoW with some added eye candy, but he didn't like that idea.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
He should have wc3 wow improve some parts of the terrain. He already said he'll do fix some stuff that people complain about in WOW.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are these WoW stuff for some sort of project?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
And the models used in my terrain are made by Nasrudian. He gave them to the public in a map. Search up his profile if you want them.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
*Nasrudin

And yeah, it looks boring. The background needs work, you could try to copy the sky of the WoW pic as well.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Meh, I might as well try myself at this. I know, I should have hosted it on Photobucket or something, but I can't be bothered >_>

Attachments

• Icecrown Terrain.jpg
    Icecrown Terrain.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 458

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Ima make the entrance to the boss room look like that :D. Looks good but you could add torches or somethin to fill the area up. Its really empty.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.