TheHelper.net Starcraft 2 Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
We should have a little friendly tournament at TheHelper :) Would anyone be interested?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think we're better off waiting for inter-realm play. I wouldn't join though, I'd lose really quick. :D

Oninuva

Reaction score
Well I guess we could start with a North America one, but hopefully we will see inter-realm/region in the near future. :)

And even if you don't play, it's always fun to watch :)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea that's true, I'd be down for spectating.

If you are down for a North American mini tournament then let us know and we'll work something out. (Stickying this)

Oninuva

Reaction score
Thanks, hopefully we can get ~16 or so people and we can work something out.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Yeah I'm totally up for it, but I'm in the SEA region so there could be some problems there. Maybe a tournament for each region?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have Starcraft II, (Computer is too crappy) but I do not mind helping to organize the tournament. Actually I would be happy to and would enjoy doing so.

We could even have a tournament portion of the Starcraft II Site. Hopefully somebody would be able to convert the Replays to Youtube Videos.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Alright, any way we can get more exposure to get some more participants? :p A sticky isn't something people usually look at haha.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Someone has to do a commentary on the replays!
Also i'd love to join. If it were in the EU servers :(

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Possible to post / link up replays? My guess is that, although there's no cross-region, watching replays is still ok, right?

And yes, I agreed with sqrage: We should wait for Cross-Realm to come out for a real tournament. Since you're doing a North American tournament, I am thinking a title change is sufficient.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Possible to post / link up replays? My guess is that, although there's no cross-region, watching replays is still ok, right?

And yes, I agreed with sqrage: We should wait for Cross-Realm to come out for a real tournament. Since you're doing a North American tournament, I am thinking a title change is sufficient.

This thread won't be used in the upcoming tournament. The Title is going to be different, don't worry. (I am working on the finishing touches as we speak)
[del]Unfortunately, we are going to have one that is just for the North American Server speaking that is the largest server (the number of country wise) because both North and South America (Possibly other areas from what people tell me) can be hooked up to it. [/del]

See Post #17 For Server Updates.

If this first tournament is a success we can have ones later on that are cross-realm when Blizzard eventually allows it. (or if they do)

Someone has to do a commentary on the replays!
Also i'd love to join. If it were in the EU servers

We will try to have replays made into videos, so everyone can watch them. No idea about commentaries though.

If this does go off well, and people want to do another one before Cross-Realm (or if Blizzard never allows it). We may alternate between American, and EU Servers per tournaments. So hopefully this one will do well. :D

See Post #17 For Server Updates.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I'll be trying to put the replays up on youtube and all replays will be uploaded as well, so if you want to do a commentary, feel free? :p

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean, let us download the SC2 replay file and we view them by ourselves using our own SC2, and then having a Youtube version to go along with it...you know.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Yeah of course, replays will be uploaded for you to download. :p

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Server Update
Edited from our first update at 3:50pm.

Because of the Interest of many people across different servers. We have decided that we will host one mini-tournament for every server who can get 16 players (or more) submitted. So non-North Americans can play if they can get enough people from their realm to do so.

So spread the word. :D

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
We updated our Server Update. Instead of having one mini-tournament we have decided that have multiple of them would be fine. So if someone can get 16 players (or possibly even 8 ) we will have a tournament for that Realm.

Hope you enjoy

Come on europeans! This is totally war of the countries!

Count me in, Vestras @ EU.

Don't submit your names yet, it won't count until you Private MEssage me the Form that is on the upcoming thread. :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I will. If I have time! Currently, I'm free Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, all day. Wednesday - Saturday I'm (usually) free mornings until 4:00 PM (Central time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.