Timer Attachment Systems

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Timers are looking as rubbish as usual (with very few additional actions that allow the modification of the timer window), and according to J4L, waits are still inaccurate. So, it would seem we need to use attaching again.

I tried doing the return bug, and got an 'implicit cast not allowed' error. There is an actual specific error for attempting such a thing now, which probably means that there's a very slim chance of ever getting such a thing.

Records (like structs) cannot be passed as parameters.
Regardless, indexing would probably work, so all that needs to be passed around is the index for arrays.

Now, how would we attach an integer to a timer? :p

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Timers are looking as rubbish as usual (with very few additional actions that allow the modification of the timer window), and according to J4L, waits are still inaccurate. So, it would seem we need to use attaching again.

I tried doing the return bug, and got an 'implicit cast not allowed' error. There is an actual specific error for attempting such a thing now, which probably means that there's a very slim chance of ever getting such a thing.

Records (like structs) cannot be passed as parameters.
Regardless, indexing would probably work, so all that needs to be passed around is the index for arrays.

Now, how would we attach an integer to a timer? :p

Waits? Inaccurate?

:O?!!?

The following code:

IZpO0.jpg

Yields the following results:

NFtqD.jpg

How they get those decimals and why, I have no fucking clue.

But the waits seem accurate enough to be used in non-short-term cases.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
No, I tried in Galaxy before the editor even came out. Off memory, waits round off to the nearest eighth of a second or something, which makes them utterly useless for things which must happen 32 times a second, like making a unit slide.

I have a neat design for a timer system which I'll complete tomorrow. I said I'd stay up 'til 4 am tonight, and I achieved that. -_-

I'm calling it SmoothTimer. It will do the whole 32/sec thing, with simple data attachment... :thup:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Done in a similar manner to Cookiemaster's tests, but using a different timer for every test, so the results are clearer.
I also used real time seconds.

Time - Actual Time Taken.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 319

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Waits? Inaccurate?

How they get those decimals and why, I have no fucking clue.

But the waits seem accurate enough to be used in non-short-term cases.

I think the decimals are from the elapsed time that has occured during the time it takes to process the display line.

EDIT:

Wait if that wre the case the 1st result would be 6.995 or some bs not > 7 nm

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Timers have been nerfed. They may no longer expire more than 16 times per second. :mad:
It's gonna take some haxx to get SmoothTimer to work. :(

... FOR THE MAPPERS!!... :D

Asdfjkgf. Damn. 0.0625 periods are ugly/choppy. Is it just for normal timers or trigger event timers as well? (Although, I'd assume they'd be the same) Are timers still more accurate than waits?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.