Tinker?

LoveTD's

Reaction score
tinker isn't a standard hero it's customly made for the map Dota but I do think the model is not custom, check out the model list it should be in there.
If you want Tinker with all it's abilities you could make the whole tinker hero yourself with triggers and stuffs or check out the dota template on world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I believe he's in the Taverns.
Same as that Panda hero that can split himself.

You can search for stuff in the Object Editor by pressing ctrl+f.

EDIT: As LoveTD's said, yea the hero is custom made with spells and everything, but the model is available in WC3. Only for TFT, though, I believe.

LoveTD's

Reaction score
Lol it is a hero but if you ment the hero from dota then you shouldn't be looking for it this way: try neutral passive -> heroes it's the standard tinker not the tinker from dota if you ment that one :D

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
tinker isn't a standard hero it's customly made for the map Dota but I do think the model is not custom, check out the model list it should be in there.
Umm... There's also a Tinker hero made in warcraft. The Goblin Tinker, which I think is the hero this person means.

It's at Neutral Passive > Melee > Heroes

LoveTD's

Reaction score
Lol it is a hero but if you ment the hero from dota then you shouldn't be looking for it this way: try neutral passive -> heroes
as I said before :D (forgot the melee sry for that... but thats default so no worrys :D

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thanks i was loking for normal tinker coz i want to use the robo goblin to chnage my hero to a dif 1

can any one help me how do they do the : tinker changes his body parts to make the robot machine?

joaoac

Reaction score
lol
I love these simple threads with so many replies....

@your last question: it´s the ultimate ability from the hero. The one that must reach level 6 before use.
If you need a standard hero with that ability in the begining, you must change the stats of the ability on the Object Editor.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
You mean make him permanently be in the machine form? If so then go to your tinker unit, look for:
Art - Requirement Animation Names
Art - Requirement Attachment Link Names
Art - Requirement Bone Name
And set their value to "alternate" (without speach signs)

If you ment the ability that makes him into the machine it's called "Robo-Goblin"

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Or you just play he's morph animation.
Code:
Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s morph animation

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Not all units have an morph animation, you can see wich animations a unit has in the small window to the left on your main screen in world editor when having a unit selected.

Bonzo

Reaction score
Only the units that can already morph have such an animation. When you look at the animation seperately you will see that it contains the starting model and the result. So every morph animation is fixed to the morph. You can change that, but that wont look good.

Greets Bonzo

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so basically ican only morph units that already had the ability to morph?

and if iwant to i just have use the unit but use my own spells..?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
All units can morph if you give them a morph ability, the problem is that only unit's with morph animations will play some sort of morph animation when the spell is used, the other's will just be replaced by the unit your are morphing into.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
oh rite so if the unit can be morphed it shows the morph animation if it does not ahve then morph abil then it just replaces the other existing unit

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just to let you understand..

As you know, some units have "morph" animations.. To know that, click a unit (preplaced on the map or ready to be placed) in WE and you look on the right side of your WE. You'll see its model and (usually) the word "stand" on top of it with arrows to the left and right. "Stand" is the animation name. Press the arrow and you'll observe that it will move (stand 2 or attack), keep moving until you go back to stand, or reach to morph.

Any unit having "morph" animation will have the animation that will morph the unit when the ability is basically morphing. You could also see in the most upper field in skills. Sometimes it has "spell" or "channel" or just none. You place there the animation name.

Example, instead of using the "spell" animation when casting "Storm Bolt", you want his/her attack animation (for various reasons such as that the caster has no spell animation, models like footman and skeleton warrior), so you edit the most upper field of "Storm Bolt" from "spell" to "attack". It is usually blank which MAY mean that the animation name is commonly "spell". If it is none, just place "attack" over there and it should still do the attack animation. Of course, some skills cannot be edited..

Now, a unit that does not have a morph animation will just instantly turn into the unit wanted to be transformed into. BUT if the unit does has a morph animation, EVEN IF THE MODEL OF YOUR MORPHED UNIT is different, it will ALWAYS turn into the morphed model..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.