Tired of GUI?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Tired of GUI? Here's a way to get some scripting done with minimal GUI and still have Syntax Highlighting!

Recommended Prerequisites:
View -> View Options -> Parameter View -> Grammar

This will get rid of that annoying tree view at the bottom and give you room for the textbox. Next, scale up your text box!

1. Create you trigger via GUI.
2. Create any events, conditions, and variables.
3. Create a single action:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • General - Custom Script: (None)

4. Click that action and type in the Grammar view.

And you're all done! It's scripting with as minimal GUI as possible. I couldn't figure out how to import and use .galaxy files... >_>

This works fine too. You could also just close your function using } and create everything in a single Custom Script.

Scripting.png

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Idk. I like the scripting. The GUI frustrates me at its impossible slowness. I find myself doing repetitive things that would take 30 seconds in scripting but instead takes me 5 minutes of clicking.

You could even combine them, I suppose. Scripting for the repetitive and tedious parts, and GUI for the rest.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Does the GUI in SC2 allow you to create custom functions? That was always one of the things that really annoyed me in WC3.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Starcraft II supports structs, they're called records in GUI. There's also multi-dimensional array support up to 4D.

krainert

Reaction score
Until a function list and auto complete like newgen has exists, I'll probably find myself using GUI.
Am I the only one hoping Blizz will go all the way and add that themselves?
I mean, they've obviously gone to extreme lengths to support the mapping (and modding) community so far - why not take that extra step and render custom tools (which, in my experience, complicates the progress from decent to skilled mapper) unnecessary by including basics such as highlighting, interactive references, fundamental auto-completion, and, perhaps, some equivalent to the deeper aspects of IntelliSense and likewise?

tain

Reaction score
i hope there will be fully scripting programs, i personally don't like GUI but alternative is also boring.

Maybe Andromeda becomes better. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.