TLO will be streaming 24 hours for charity (this sunday)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
TLO will be streaming 24 hours on sunday at 10am CEST. (Whatever that means, I got this from a mod in his stream a few seconds ago)

It will all be done via commercials- all the money will go for charity, what a great way to support Team Liquid, Starcraft 2, e-sports and charity ! Go TLO !

I will try to post when it starts, (but I might not be home so it isn't 100% sure)

I think it is awesome... even if you don't feel like watching a stream, leave a freaking tab open, it is for charity.

All I can say is hopefully other pro gamers will do this sort of thing in the near future too !

Go TLO !!!

TLOBorders.jpg

Link to the original thread thingy

Btw, he is currently streaming, if you read this soon, here is a link: http://www.justin.tv/liquidtlo#/w/1221354080
The event is over

~ $2487.97 was raised.

Interview with TLO about the event after the event- click

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i watched him play from the moment i saw this thread to the end. those were some epic battles, some really funny ones as well. and we saw some decent rage too.

thanks for posting this bloodcount.

but it seems as tlo has some problems against protoss. i also think he was scouting too little.
but that micro and macro is insane, i doubt i will ever be this good, but i doubt i wanna be that good in the first place. it would mean to spend like weeks with nothing but playing starcraft. i already get bored after playing 3 rounds in a row.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
GoGo TLO!
He might not actually be able to keep up with the really good players, but I still like watching him.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
TLO is probably my favorite player. xD
I will definitely try to watch some of this stuff. (Well if my computer can actually buffer the live stream without having to stop every 2 seconds.)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
i watched him play from the moment i saw this thread to the end. those were some epic battles, some really funny ones as well. and we saw some decent rage too.

thanks for posting this bloodcount.

but it seems as tlo has some problems against protoss. i also think he was scouting too little.
but that micro and macro is insane, i doubt i will ever be this good, but i doubt i wanna be that good in the first place. it would mean to spend like weeks with nothing but playing starcraft. i already get bored after playing 3 rounds in a row.

It is VERY hard to get to his skill level, his micro is just amazing.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
my micro is actually not that bad, to be honest, microing units is the most fun part of the game for me.
but my macro is horrible, i am not able to do anything else while microing, but thats most likely normal for beginners.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
That is above the beginner level ^_^ beginners don't micro, they a-move.

Don't worry, you start seing good, safe macro in the really high levels, decent mechanics and amazing micro at the top. SCII is hard, and it is quite normal for some people to have good micro but not soo good macro or vise-versa (hope I spelled that correctly)

The most important part is to try and build up reflexes- both macro and micro, you will be surprised what sorts builds are very effective if you have the micro to support them (take the phoenix, banshee and mutalisk builds for example, with enough skill you can win the game only with dealing enough eco dmg, and I am not talking about the all-in 2 base muta/1base phoenix and 2 port banshee)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
IT is starting !!!!! Tune in for an hour or two, leave the tab open, yes it is that easy to support this many great causes- charity, TLO, Liquid, E-sports and SCII !

link

Have fun watching.

Note: Only breaks TLO will take are bathroom and food.

EDIT: if you have an acc, follow TLO, easy way to support him.

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
First win!

Will be interesting to see this in, let's say, 20 hours from now :p

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sure will... sadly I can only watch it for 2-3 more hours then I will be back the next day, when it is over : (

Also, sucks that TLO has trouble with his stream.... wonder if this time is gonna be counted as time played or not ;D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, but this diserves a dedicated comment:
GOD that was amazing tank micro. TLO played whit fans some micro tournament map and he had 2 tanks and a medivacvs 6 stalkers. The tanks didn't loose any HP as long as the medivac was alive.

HOLLY MOTHER OF STARCRAFT 2 MICRO.

celerisk

Reaction score
12 hours. Half there.
TLO still going strong! FIGHTING! :p

Currently at an impressive 22K viewers.

s3rius

Reaction score
Watched about 14 hours of it. After that I rly couldn't be bothered anymore ;..;

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah... sometimes it is hard for me to imagine him loosing any games... ever !

s3rius

Reaction score
186,000 viewer hours and 200,000 unique views.
I consider this a success. Looking forward to seeing how much money it actually netted.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
~ $2487.97 was raised.

Interview with TLO about the event after the event- click

*first post was updated with this info.

celerisk

Reaction score
Not bad for a day of "just" playing a game.
I know people that make less for actual work... in one month of it :p

Additionally, the event was also amazing to watch.
(Of course, it's rarely entertaining watching people working...)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.