Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Get Xenoche or a moderator to change the first post so that the attached map link is for version .97 instead of .95

I hope your... grammar (or laziness to make things correct even in your posts) doesn't affect the previous neatness of ToJ! :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

LotK

Reaction score
my posts do not reflect the quality of my maps

this may be quoted for the best sentence ever^^
+ im not xenoche (seriously, this guy cant write :D)

LotK

Reaction score
nope, but i will in the next version

there is not much i can change, thats the problem
and adding another effect would make it too strong imo

what i could do is make the cooldown lower, change the mana costs and so

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Meh, it was okay as a skill. The only realy problem was that leveling it was purely pointless. So what you should do is increase the duration/mana cost.

And a bit about Wizard - yesterday I played with it. And although he is quite okay… it's funny how his skills get bonus from. First skill needs Wands statistic, another - Focus, another - Guile. And that's while considering that you need mana (Wisdom). Quite… shitty. Cause it means that effective use of his spells is only in late game.

LotK

Reaction score
or pots :D
well i think he is ok this way, because it means you have to know how to skill him best and make the best mix of the stats

if his mana and one of his skills is dependant on the same it kinda gets 100% clear what you are supposed to skill
i can remember that one skill was wisdom based in a previous version, but i dont think im gonna change that back.. he is strong enough imo

your opinion about this is apreciated^^

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Meh, it was okay as a skill. The only realy problem was that leveling it was purely pointless. So what you should do is increase the duration/mana cost.

And a bit about Wizard - yesterday I played with it. And although he is quite okay… it's funny how his skills get bonus from. First skill needs Wands statistic, another - Focus, another - Guile. And that's while considering that you need mana (Wisdom). Quite… shitty. Cause it means that effective use of his spells is only in late game.

How is leveling purely pointless? It gives you attribute points to use, which in turn altogether makes your hero stronger.

Wizard is very strong. Is Wizard the only class you played? A lot of them are weak until later game.

lol Lotk, in memory of Xenoche, I hope you don't change too many things. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

LotK

Reaction score
well ofc i could change some things for the wizzard
like making the firebolt explode chance wisdom dependant (a good idea imo) or same with the cone of cold slow duration
but i could also make those things base on the skill level.. hard decision

BTW: isnt it strange that there are now 16 common items, but 21 uncommon and rare? xD

BioDiablo

Reaction score
How is leveling purely pointless? It gives you attribute points to use, which in turn altogether makes your hero stronger.
Next time before posting something, read it again, not only 3 words/sentence, mkay? If you are still wondering - I was talking about Clergy's skill "Heroe's Imbue" who had no benefits of leveling it up, meaning Level 1 Heroe's Imbue was as good as Level 10.

Oh yeah, Incinerating Firebolt would be grand.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Actually, I did read everything.

How about:
Combustion - similar to your idea. Chance based on Wisdom, 5%/3% to target/caster explosion * Wisdom?
Icy Veins - for frost spells, chance to freeze up target's veins, encasing it in a block of ice and causing it to catch hypothermia, lowering its stats temporarily.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

LotK

Reaction score
well guys yesterday i thougt i could not continue this project, because my hdd was suddently broken...

good news now: it works again :D

ehm thewrongvine first you dont want that i change too much and then you suggest new spells? xD

right now im thinking about adding new ones..
as you know each hero has 3 spells which are stats dependant and 2 whitout any stats
so the idea is that each hero gets 5 skill dependant spells. it's a lot of work and i probably wont finish it in one version, but i think its cool
what you guys think about this? :p

i mean.. if i would not do this there is not much more i could add... just more levels, maybe heros and stuff, but aaaah nah^^ this is boring :D

oh and yeah, could anyone tell me who is admin here? ^^

LotK

Reaction score
guys, what about i chance the imba assassin skill to something more balanced? :D
im sure most of you know the 10000k crit instant boss killer machine

BioDiablo

Reaction score
guys, what about i chance the imba assassin skill to something more balanced? :D
im sure most of you know the 10000k crit instant boss killer machine

Just hit it with nerf bat. Twice. Better three times. Or even four. Five, yeah, five.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
New version, too?

Put the stuff said by Xenoche in italics or something. :)
On the last bug on the first thread, you spelled concentration wrong.

:thup: I'll test again when I can!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Xenoche

Reaction score
Thanks Lotk (aka WarpSlayer) and Good Luck

Well, I have to say that, thanks to LotK, ToJ will commence development and will surely become much better with his efforts put to task on a map that I simply didn't have the time that Toj deserved.

Thank you LotK, for continuing ToJ.
A map that many, I am sure, will enjoy.
Including me tonight after I consume some herbal tea ;).

- - - A few hours later - - -

:thup: LotK, loved the fog changes, makes each stage look even more unique.
In single player there's to much time between waves (it was like that when I gave permission, but it was something I never got around to doing (among other things and those other things you have done an awesome job at fixing :))).
On stage 3 the ceiling light is a bit to bright. tone down the intensity a bit, or even better, try and make it a dark red so it fits more satisfyingly with the visual theme of the stage terrain.

And fix the credits (theres no need to thank yourself! :D)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.