RPG Un-named ORPG

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Ban-Lord's ORPG: Conquest

BanlordsRPG.png

I've been working on an ORPG, and I've been having a lot of plots and crap going down on paper mostly right now. Development was halted a lot, and I decided to change a lot of the names of everything, and a lot of core features in the map. For now, the game name will remain un-named, and a lot of completed features will be placed on the features list. This means that these features are ALREADY ingame and fully functional.

Features
• 4+ dungeons
• 500 items
• Many explorable zones
• 15+ quests
• 15+ heroes
• 1000+ abilities (all triggered)
• Custom revive system (Release/Revive, you are able to be revived by any healing class and be able to revive at corpse location.)
• Boss fights (All boss fights are entirely custom, no tank and spank or whatever you want to call that crap.)

Currently being developed
• Support Classes (Bard)
• Finishing terraining
• DoT System (MUI DoT System)
• Spell Power & Attack Power (New Attribute)
• Ability & Item Tooltips
• Save/Load system

Classes
Each class has a list of over 14 abilities to cast from.

Warrior
Knight
Paladin
Priest
Death Knight
Geomancer
Mage
Death Mage
Death Warrior
Shadow Priest
Bard (In development)
Shadow Warder
Purger
Shaman
Hunter (Pet system)
Ranger

Development Screenshots
Fjord screenshots
CFjord-1.PNG

CFjord-2.PNG

Deathwing Pass screenshots
Deathwing-1.PNG

Deathwing-2.PNG

Terrain/Dungeon Dev screenshots
Terrain-1.PNG

Terrain-2.PNG

Terrain-3.PNG

Dev Screenshots (Outdated)
Dev1.PNG

Dev2.PNG

Dev3.PNG

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Ban-Lord's ORPG: Conquest

Updates
2/3/09
2/3/09

Well, its been a few days since I've updated you guys on the map. I've been working on a few things for the map during the last few days, and since the addition of spell power and attack power into the game, it is making modifying the lot of spells difficult. I made a system for DoTs now for certain spells to make it easier for me to create spells in the future. The system is already completed and functional, and takes advantage of the spell power and attack power I've added into the game. I am also changing tooltips of the majority of spells and items. Examples below:

(Normal Spell Tooltip)
spelllink.PNG

(Normal Item Tooltip)
item1.PNG

I'm also almost done with the completion of the terrain for the first release of the map, so that is something to look forward to in the future. Terrain is mostly going to be polished now, and a lot of the finishing touches are going to be added into the game. One of the finishing touches is adding additional shadows to the map, like to buildings, and objects in the air.

Beta testing will begin in the next few weeks, so please look forward to that people.

If you have any suggestions for the game, please say them now before it is too late, because when the map is nearing completion, all suggested queries will be placed in a queue for development.
1/31/09

View post
1/31/09

I'm working on a new way spells work.

Attack Power
Attack power is obtainable by getting weapons and armor that add to the stat. Attack power will not be available on items until around level 20 when monsters and boss fights will require the extra boost in damage.

Spell Power
Spell power is obtainable by getting weapons and armor that will add to the stat. Spell power will be available at all levels for casters, spell power is very easy to obtain due to the survivability of casters. Spell power also affects healing.

(Color code from ingame)
Strength Classes
All melee class spells will do more damage based on the attack power and strength of the class.
F: base damage x str (multiplier) + attack power

Attack power is gained from armor and weapons only.

Agility Classes
All agility based classes will do more damage based on their attack power and agility of their class.
F: base damage x agi (multiplier) + attack power

Intelligence Classes
All intelligence based classes will do more damage and healing based on their spell power and intelligence.
F: base damage x int (multiplier) + spell power (x2)

I will be opening beta testing soon, and I am also enhancing the terrain worldwide and adding world events which will randomly occur.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
1/31/09

I'm working on a new way spells work.

Attack Power
Attack power is obtainable by getting weapons and armor that add to the stat. Attack power will not be available on items until around level 20 when monsters and boss fights will require the extra boost in damage.

Spell Power
Spell power is obtainable by getting weapons and armor that will add to the stat. Spell power will be available at all levels for casters, spell power is very easy to obtain due to the survivability of casters. Spell power also affects healing.

(Color code from ingame)
Strength Classes
All melee class spells will do more damage based on the attack power and strength of the class.
F: base damage x str (multiplier) + attack power

Attack power is gained from armor and weapons only.

Agility Classes
All agility based classes will do more damage based on their attack power and agility of their class.
F: base damage x agi (multiplier) + attack power

Intelligence Classes
All intelligence based classes will do more damage and healing based on their spell power and intelligence.
F: base damage x int (multiplier) + spell power (x2)

I will be opening beta testing soon, and I am also enhancing the terrain worldwide and adding world events which will randomly occur.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
"1000+ abilities"

my head just exploded.

Well, good luck :p. Looks like this could be fun, but it'll need lots of hard work o_O

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Oh my lord.
Look at the minimap ingame :p .
Could you not remove all those dots?

Also, how do you get such a large view of the map in WE (in the second screenie) ?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
"1000+ abilities"

my head just exploded.

Well, good luck . Looks like this could be fun, but it'll need lots of hard work o_O

Yeah, haha. Theres a lot of abilities. Thats what it takes. A lot of the stuff on the features list is already completed. This map has been in development since mid-08.

Oh my lord.
Look at the minimap ingame .
Could you not remove all those dots?

Also, how do you get such a large view of the map in WE (in the second screenie) ?

I will remove the dots, haha. Also, you can hold ctrl and move the camera around. You can get a larger view by holding ctrl and using your mouse scroller. It takes a pretty decent graphics card to get a good view though. This map is REALLY hard to get a long distance view like that. Took me about 5 minutes.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
What the hell...
Weird...
Usually whenever I zoom out it just goes black :p .

And removing the dots would definitely be a good thing ;) .
I can help with beta testing and such if you ever want.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
What the hell...
Weird...
Usually whenever I zoom out it just goes black :p .

And removing the dots would definitely be a good thing ;) .
I can help with beta testing and such if you ever want.

You hold ctrl and use your mouse's scroller to reduce or increase the black boundary ;)

Removing the dots will be done. Don't worry, haha.

I'll send you a whisper when testing is ready to begin.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
You need to work on the terrain. Not only how it looks, but also it's rather boring at the moment...

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
You need to work on the terrain. Not only how it looks, but also it's rather boring at the moment...

The terrain is a lot more alive in-game. I haven't placed any fog effects into the game yet either, that will be placed in later on. Also, I'm also putting in destructibles .. etc soon. Hehe.

Weather is randomly generated. Random weather effects occur every few minutes. Yeah, haha.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
;0 i thot u quitted? nice terrain btw... pretty big too.... if i making it, id lose interest after adding a hut and a few trees. 1000 abilities tho, really? being I just recently started playing a bit of nwn, i would be tempted to try making some spells from that. especially liked the ranger, so in urs u should make the ranger have to buy arrows ;0 i wanna make something again, just too lazy to work on finishing my current stuff. oh, and heres an original idea for a name... "Ban-Lord ORPG".

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
;0 i thot u quitted? nice terrain btw... pretty big too.... if i making it, id lose interest after adding a hut and a few trees. 1000 abilities tho, really? being I just recently started playing a bit of nwn, i would be tempted to try making some spells from that. especially liked the ranger, so in urs u should make the ranger have to buy arrows ;0 i wanna make something again, just too lazy to work on finishing my current stuff. oh, and heres an original idea for a name... "Ban-Lord ORPG".

Haha..xD
I can give you some ideas, haha.

Nogusta

Reaction score
I think you need more diversity in your trees (import a couple) and terrain in general. But I would assume that terrain comes last.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I think you need more diversity in your trees (import a couple) and terrain in general. But I would assume that terrain comes last.

Lol, the terrain looks a lot nicer ingame. Also, the map is 480x480, and there are multiple tilesets. I have compromise a lot with the terrain due to size and multiple tiles in the map.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Barrens and snowy terrain needs a bit of work , your glacial zone puzzles me for some reason.

Is it only me or is your map really really small? I see so much water then land at your world editor :S

Also get rid of the annoying neutral creep display.

Other then that it's fine <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.