RPG Un-named ORPG

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Barrens and snowy terrain needs a bit of work , your glacial zone puzzles me for some reason.

Is it only me or is your map really really small? I see so much water then land at your world editor :S

Also get rid of the annoying neutral creep display.

Other then that it's fine <3

The map takes awhile to go through ingame, regardless of the size. Higher level zones are much larger in scale though. I am also adding more to the map than there is right now. Also adding more detail.

Barrens need detail? Uhhh..haha. You're funny.
Snowy terrain, I will be adding fog effects to the snowy terrain zone.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Wow, nice terrain though, and.. It should be in spoilers.

I see there's still quite a lot of "unlanded" area in your maps.
You need any help from me? The trigger.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Looking good. Lookings extremely good to be more exact.
If you want, I could make some models. Later on, when there's more content.

Units/attachments/sfx/whatever you'd like.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, etc.. guys. I know it looks like there are a lot of unlanded areas in the game, but trust me, this is ENOUGH land for now. Expansion will be done in the future. As for models, I will consider it in the future, but right now, I'm not sure about it yet. Map size is at 1.62mb, and I don't like going very far into map size. Especially for imports. So, as of now, I'll wait on imports, because I already have all the imports I can use. ;)

As for more screenshots, I'll have more screenshots to show in a few days. I'll add spoiler tags too. Thank you!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Obviously, it is a large map so there is a lot to terrain! Give him time! :) In the meanwhile, the terrain looks pretty nice. Boring and bald in some spots but overall good. :thup:

I r be tester?

Good job and good luck! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Ban-Lord's ORPG: Conquest

2/3/09

Well, its been a few days since I've updated you guys on the map. I've been working on a few things for the map during the last few days, and since the addition of spell power and attack power into the game, it is making modifying the lot of spells difficult. I made a system for DoTs now for certain spells to make it easier for me to create spells in the future. The system is already completed and functional, and takes advantage of the spell power and attack power I've added into the game. I am also changing tooltips of the majority of spells and items. Examples below:

(Normal Spell Tooltip)
spelllink.PNG

(Normal Item Tooltip)
item1.PNG

I'm also almost done with the completion of the terrain for the first release of the map, so that is something to look forward to in the future. Terrain is mostly going to be polished now, and a lot of the finishing touches are going to be added into the game. One of the finishing touches is adding additional shadows to the map, like to buildings, and objects in the air.

Beta testing will begin in the next few weeks, so please look forward to that people.

If you have any suggestions for the game, please say them now before it is too late, because when the map is nearing completion, all suggested queries will be placed in a queue for development.

Also, theres a pretty new logo at the first post of the thread.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
sounds like a great orpg good luck and cant wait for first realese
if you dont want/cant upload here i suggest MediaFire for its a free web site the only limit is you cant upload a file bigger then 500 megs i thing if not a whole gig
+ unlimited DownLoads
rapid share is horrible
like only 100 dls w/o paying

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
sounds like a great orpg good luck and cant wait for first realese
if you dont want/cant upload here i suggest MediaFire for its a free web site the only limit is you cant upload a file bigger then 500 megs i thing if not a whole gig
+ unlimited DownLoads
rapid share is horrible
like only 100 dls w/o paying

I have my own website I can upload stuff to, haha. The ORPG won't be more than 2mb on first release, lol. So, I don't know what you're trying to say, lol.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Having a map that's 484 by 484 and 1000 plus abilities. I think your overdoing it. Having so much abilities doesn't make the ORPG better. And with that map size, the 1000 abilities or more, triggers, custom models, units = tremendous lag. Make there be like 100+ abilities. Having 100 is still really good(I think that having 100 can also be a lot but if you want so much, don't overdo it or you'll never finish the map). Anyways good luck.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Having a map that's 484 by 484 and 1000 plus abilities. I think your overdoing it. Having so much abilities doesn't make the ORPG better. And with that map size, the 1000 abilities or more, triggers, custom models, units = tremendous lag. Make there be like 100+ abilities. Having 100 is still really good(I think that having 100 can also be a lot but if you want so much, don't overdo it or you'll never finish the map). Anyways good luck.

Lol. I'm very picky when it comes to imports. I have barely ANY imported models in the game, and the imported models are for spells. Haha. No custom unit models, etc ...

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well, heres a little update on whats going on with the map.

I ripped out all of the dungeons and am re-doing both of the Glacier zones. Everything is being improved. Terrain-wise of course. Information about heroes will be added to the main thread sometime later this week, I fully implemented spell power and attack power and almost all of the abilities fully work now. The only abilities that are still being worked on are DoT abilities.

Also, all abilities will now have a base damage, which will automatically level up every few levels. Heres how an ability works:

(Base Damage + Spell/Attack Power) + (Primary Attribute x Multiplier)

With the new way abilities are going to work, I am rebalancing all mobs, lol. I know I seem crazy with what I am doing to my map, but I want it to be great on release. I'm just keeping you all up to date with what I am doing.

Here is a preview of the improved zones. Gameplay screenshots will be added soon too.

Terrain-1.PNG

Terrain-2.PNG

Terrain-3.PNG

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
In-game screenies of redesigned zones. Will be adding combat/quest screenshots soon. ;)

Fjord screenshots
CFjord-1.PNG

CFjord-2.PNG

Deathwing Pass screenshots
Deathwing-1.PNG

Deathwing-2.PNG

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Nice display picture you got up there. It looks good and epic. +REP to you.

It would be nice if you would put all the screenshots on the first page so viewers can all view it :)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Nice screenies just one question, will there be different fog effects in different zones and how will you do that? I still think having all those abilities isn't going to pay off or work well.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Nice screenies just one question, will there be different fog effects in different zones and how will you do that? I still think having all those abilities isn't going to pay off or work well.

Haha, theres so many abilities because theres a lot of abilities for NPCs/other crap. Plus the abilities for heroes. Yes there are going to be different fog effects in different zones. I have a good model for fog which is great for fog and will not lag anybody's computer down at all.

Also, yeah, I'll put all the screenies in the first post.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
i still think you should use my healing/spell class idea for a hero... every time your hero casts a healing spell you gain spell bonus stackable xx times, and then every time you cast a damage spell you gain healing bonus. so you would have a max of 5 bonuses that could be for example 0 healing bonus, 5 spell bonus, 2 healing bonus, 3 spell bonus, 4 healing bonus, 1 spell bonus and so on and it would alterate depending on your casting cycle... but maybe im the only one who think that sounds like a kickass class.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.