Unit give experience

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello i am making a map like Castle Defense with heroes and i want creeps to give very few experience coz i got to lvl 10 in 1 wave :| how can i change the exp gain and where ?

merlinds

Reaction score
This is easyer with a Trigger, you start the trigger when a unit dyes, the check if the killer is a hero (no exp for creeps :p). Then you have to give a X number of experience to the hero according to the wave numer, first, second, third, etc.
So, in the trigger you made for waves creation, just add a variable set to increase with every wave (Set Variable - "Wave" = "Wave" + 1)
Then you just calc, the amount of exp needed for the hero to pass each lvl. for example "lvl 1 requiers 500 exp", and divide it for all the creeps.
The "exp giver" trigger for 500 exp with 5 creeps, will be something like this:

Event - An unit dies
Condition - Killing unit is a hero
Action - Hero - Add ("wave" x 100) experience points to Killing Unit

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sry i didnt mean that... now i thought about point value as experience if it can be triggered would be really good....

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Experience is controlled by the Gameplay Constants, under the Advanced Menu. If you want to trigger experience gain, set all the respective fields to 0, then just add experience to heroes via triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.