Unit Undesirably Returning to Start Location

CrackUps

Reaction score
In a map I'm working on I use a footman with no model file to focus my camera on. It's used to pan the camera around a hero selection area by pressing the arrow keys so pressing right makes him move to the hero to the right and the camera follows him. My problem is about 5 seconds after he's stopped moving to the next hero he wanders back to where he started, how can i stop this from happening I can't set his movement type to None as i need him to move please help I'm stumped as to what to do:confused:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
In a map I'm working on I use a footman with no model file to focus my camera on. It's used to pan the camera around a hero selection area by pressing the arrow keys so pressing right makes him move to the hero to the right and the camera follows him. My problem is about 5 seconds after he's stopped moving to the next hero he wanders back to where he started, how can i stop this from happening I can't set his movement type to None as i need him to move please help I'm stumped as to what to do:confused:

Well, check the trigger again, if you don't see he problem poste tr trigger so that the more advensed users(not me ) can see where is the problem.

CrackUps

Reaction score
I don't think it'd be the trigger I think it'll be something in object editor but ok

Code:
Right
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 7 (Green) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) Presses the Right Arrow key
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) Presses the Right Arrow key
    Conditions
        SelectingHero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) True
    Actions
         Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 11
            Then - Actions
                Set ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 1
            Else - Actions
                Set ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)
        Unit - Order HeroViewer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Move To (Center of HeroRect[ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))]])
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 1000.00 over 0.70 seconds
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Far Z to 10000.00 over 0.70 seconds
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Angle of attack to 340.00 over 0.70 seconds
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Field of view to 70.00 over 0.70 seconds
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Roll to 0.00 over 0.70 seconds
         Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                 Multiple ConditionsOr - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 11
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 1
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 2
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 3
            Then - Actions
                Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Rotation to 90.00 over 1.20 seconds
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 4
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 5
            Then - Actions
                Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Rotation to 0.00 over 1.20 seconds
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 6
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 7
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 8
            Then - Actions
                Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Rotation to 270.00 over 1.20 seconds
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 9
                        ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 10
            Then - Actions
                Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Rotation to 180.00 over 1.20 seconds
            Else - Actions
        Selection - Select StartingHero[ViewingNumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))]] for (Triggering player)

Please don't lecture me about leaks etc this is just the starting GUI to understand how the trigger will work before I rework it in Jass

CrackUps

Reaction score
I know I can use custom script i just find no point wasting my time doing that ill just quickly type it in when i convert it to Jass

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.