Volcano

eatbeaver

Reaction score
I want an volcano as a tower on my TD, but iam not sure how i can make one. Can i order a dummy unit to cast an volcano when the volcano buliding is completed?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
just create a dummy unit and order to cast volcano at the point of the constructed tower...

just make sure the volcano has a duration of 0 so that it's infinite

eatbeaver

Reaction score
Like this?

Code:
Volcano
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Volcano
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 No unit-type for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Constructed structure)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Volcano (Position of (Constructed structure))

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
yes like that, of course you can still tweak it for upgrades and stuff like that, but that is the basic idea.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
But it doesn't work any suggestions?

does the dummy unit have enough mana to cast the ability?, does it have the ability?

If those two are not the issue, give the unit a model, to make it visible, and check if it actually appears, and if yes, what it does.

EDIT: Oh and, of course, don't use No-Unit-Type :p

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make him use this model:
Code:
Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\Volcano.mdl

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
If he use that volcano as the model of his tower and skipps that dummy shit? No?

then he still would have to make the volcano cast the ability, which is basically the exact same trigger.

EDIT:

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Constructed structure)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Volcano (Position of (Constructed structure))

that works fine for me.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You will not be able to select, and as such, sell it.
I suggest create the tower with volcano model, when it is finished, order IT, to cast volcano on it's position

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.