walkable terrain question +rep for answers

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
is there a way to make a specific type of terrain unwalkable? in world edit i could do this with a check mark on jass under the usmwe tab

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I do not believe so. Terrain textures are just images and have no real impact on the game (other than looking nice). However you can manually achieve what you want by using the Pathing Layer (Shortcut H) and applying No Pathing where required.

GFreak45

Reaction score
thanks, is there a way to detect what type of terrain a unit is on?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
No, the terrain is not the same way as in Wc3, they are more like painting now - you will have to use regions now.
But as you, in the SC2 editor, are able to create some pretty complex regions this should not be a problem, just a bit more time consuming:rolleyes:

GFreak45

Reaction score
wow i love this terrain/pathing system... can you do overlays and different layers for the terrain? to come up with different effects like in photoshop.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
As far as I know you can't add layers to the terrain, you can add all the variation with all the different terrain types you want though.

GFreak45

Reaction score
well essentially an overaly is a picture set on top of another that fills in all of the black of the bottom picture with the top one, its just one effect in photoshop that would be awesome to use for making terrain

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.