Wanna contribute to a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
It was an awesome game! I liked it being difficult, and it had a great storyline. So there. :p

M

Marksman

yeah, story line ok, but the loooong cutscenes were mega annoying, and the game used little symbols over peoples head to show emotion, and it was so hard to figure out what each one meant. And I hated the ending, because...oops don't want to spoil surprise!

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
well i got lost once i was able to use the boat, now that i can go to all these places which ive been to i didnt know where else to go i spen like a week explosring every inch of the sea and got nothing... i even walked the long annoying walk on the snowy place only to find i cant enter the stupid tower, anyway, the first was cool the second wasnt to bad but i still liked the first

ShadourazeR

Reaction score
Here, I think this might help.

Working on the Astral Mage Sinergy:

Well, the Blood Mage's model seems perfect to me. With a little skin working, it would be fantastic.

Once he works with ethereal and spirit stuff, I suggest the following abilities:

Astral Mage

*Working on a nice name.
**Gay name, working on a better one.

You decide if the intelligence will change the damage/healing of abilities.

-Astral Form: Turns ethereal, gains true sight. If you want it to make it even more interesting, add just a little bit of AS bonus. I don't know if attack will be disabled even with starshooter (I mean, auto attack). If it gets disabled, AS bonus will be useless...

-Chain Banish*: This could be either AoE or chain, just banish lots of units (if you want, allies included). If you miss chain fire, add damage to it :D

-Starshooter**: Searing Arrow based, a cooldown-free spell with spell damage (not fire, if possible) to shoot while ethereal. Maybe a multiple-shot/AoE hit would be nice, too. Once the blood mage works with the sphere system, perhaps you could work on a way to change those spheres while activating this skill. It would be really, really nice. If you want it to make it even more interesting, add a healing effect when used on allies.

-Astral Burst: Calls an energy wave from the sky, healing you (maybe others too) and pushing enemies away, dealing damage. Cooler way to heal yourself, knockbacks are always nice.

-Starcaller**: Immolation based, like Pulse Nova from DotA, with cool stars falling.

I suggest large mana cost and small cooldown. That makes the game more dynamic and with the right balance a good unit to be played.

Why use these?
Well, I have three main reasons:
First, all skills follow the Astral theme, making the character nice to be looked in game.
Second, all skills are connected with themselves, using the banish heal and damage bonus to create powerfull combos, not only for casting, which is the first thing people expect from a mage class. This will make people enjoy playing him, and think about strategies for him, because he's a healer, caster, fighter and also have a good way to run (Banish+Burst).
Third but not less important, it has something hard to find on most warcraft RPGs: A class with more than one build. Since warcraft units can't have 20, 30 abilities, opening ways to have multiple builds. This class could be a healer, caster or even a fighter, and the chain banish makes him a good support too.

Important: Once his abilities have lots of different ways to be used, you need to be carefull when creating them. It's easy to make balance mistakes when the abilities have two or three different ways to be used.

Big post =p

Thanks for the attention,

ShadourazeR (DanieLmc, in Azeroth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.