Melee Warcraft 3:EG

punwisp

Reaction score
Warcraft 3:EG(enhanced gameplay)
Well I'm making this because its a simple project that expands game play. What this project is, is not much different from normal warcraft 3, only I've increased upgrades, max level, added a couple of units, and a few new upgrades for all sides. Though I'm just putting all this on some of blizzards premade maps that were already in warcraft 3, only I'm adding something to the name so it doesn't overwrite anything.

There will only be a couple of newer models in this, I don't want it to look cheesy, so far the first version will be on divide and conquer and 12 player map. I've been working on this for a few hours and Humans are almost done. Each faction will get 1 new hero, couple new units and upgrades, not a huge improvement, but adds more variety, I've changed up the item vaults, added newer towers for each faction, just to make the game more interesting, there will hopefully be no triggers, new creeps will appear in this. I don't want to add too much so I'm trying to not just throw in units that are a bit stronger then previous units. I'll be able to get more done through the week sense I work less.

I'm going to try and see how well this will work with a advanced AI mod, and once ready(roughly the 31st of this month) You guys can test it, see how you like it, after I add what I please and its in testing, you guys can offer suggestions on new units and stuff, see what the public wants. Anyway here is what I've gotten done
Orange: Many things pending, not everything is official but the unit itself stands
Red: This unit is not official, idea based, still planning
green: Official

Humans:
Champions:Powerful melee units meant to keep units at bay while range take out the enemies, planning on have a Aura. Using the Captain model

Crossbowman: Powerful but slow ranged unit, good for siege. No model chosen yet

Paladin Apprentice:
Name is still pending, this unit is weaker then the hero paladin, and mainly a caster unit with holyshock ability and possibly a heal ability.(Heavy spellcaster unit)

Energy Tower: Powerful energy tower, Effective against air units.

Orcs:
Warlock: A powerful spellcaster that can cast cripple and raise dead(orc)
Foot Raider: A strong raider on foot, good against killing light infantry and base raiding.(whole purpose of unit is pending)

Undead:
Skeleton Warrior: A basic Skeletal infantry soldier, with 0 armor, low HP and a good amount of damage. Purpose is pending.
Fire Archer: A long range skeletal bowman, has searing arrows. Effective at sieging bases.
Scourge Vice: Medium melee units that can cast frost breath. Good at supporting troops in battle.(slowing units down)
Night Elves:

Sentry: A strong unit with low hp and armor. Good for a basic infantry soldier.

Updated: I changed a few of the names and added a couple of units to the list. Hopefully if I can get enough ideas I can get beta testing going on Thursday. Humans, and undead are almost finished. I need 2-3 more units for the horde and 3 more unit ideas for Night Elves(good, simple, easy ones).

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Night Elf hero, Luna from DotA!
:D
Naw, maybe make the bouncing glaive better?
Looks cool.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
What I got from this was a melee mod.
Throwing out ideas for that.

punwisp

Reaction score
Well I guess you can say it is. Whenever its complete, I might have a download where I've added it to all maps, and just put EG by it, so it doesnt replace the current maps

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I can give you a basic outline:

Orc - More Trolls, and perhaps, Centaurs?
Undead - More Spiders, and... a spell to dispel magic (they don't have this currently)
Night Elf - ehh... Satyrs? Make an upgrade that lets Uprooted Ancients have Fortified Armor.

punwisp

Reaction score
lol it needs to be more warcrafty =P, and be able to suit the lore, night elves despise fel magic, satyrs are demons
Centaurs arnt a part of the horde, but I'm sure I can fit in a suitable lore for them being in =P
Troll? Yes trolls! What kind of trolls? Forest? Ice? Dark?(btw the trolls already in are dark trolls)

Also what do you guys think about replacing the troll head hunter with a orc spearman?

Btw if people want it, I can always make a version where one of the races are replaced by a totally new race
(Like a demon race, or blood elf race) Either of these would be very easy to do with the amount of units/models at my disposal.

darkRae

Reaction score
> satyrs are demons

Satyrs are/were (Night) Elves that were corrupted and turned into their current being (Satyrs) by the Burning Legion.

Centaurs aren't part of the Horde, true, but they live close to each other :D
(okay, so that's not a good reason....)

Hmm... I personally think Forest Troll suits the green theme better.
And they will have to benefit from the Troll Regeneration upgrade as well (of course)

That depends on what the Orc Spearman has compared to the Headhunter.
(Troll Headhunter can become Berserkers which are quite tanky)

EDIT:
Instead of "Base Raider", how about 'Foot Raider'?
It sounds better imo.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dark Trolls where once part of the horde but where exiled. I don't know why (I remember this from the tutorial campaign if you go into some secret area, Thrall says this)

Satyrs are Literally nightelves which went corrupt.
Satyr buildings are the Corrupted treants ;)

For the Humans, you could make a new building for some sort of dalaran elements. Make it require the Arcane Sanctum, and make it train Water Elements, Fire elemends, etc :p (It's not a very original idea)

Orcs.. Including the Warlock would be awesome. He rocks.
Maybe an upgrade "Demon Blood" or something which makes the orcs become felorcs?
Maybe Ogres for the orcs?

Maybe you could replace the Undead with an entirely new Demon Race or something? :p

darkRae

Reaction score
How about add some of the Burning Legion's units to Undead?
It would be imba though :p

Maybe just the Felhound, and/or the Fel Guard.
But not the Doom Guard, or the Eredar.

Yes, definitely the tanky Ogres!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about add some of the Burning Legion's units to Undead?
It would be imba though :p

Maybe just the Felhound, and/or the Fel Guard.
But not the Doom Guard, or the Eredar.

Yes, definitely the tanky Ogres!

Nerf the demons?
Or make some of them expensive.

Doom Guard or Infernal can be the 'Ultimate' of the Undead/Demons :)

darkRae

Reaction score
Ironically, the Pit Lord and the Dreadlord have them already.

Nah, making them expensive won't change much.
The Doom Guard has too many spells.
The Eredar has the Finger of Pain.
The Infernal is too tanky and hard to bring down and is immune to magic.

Making them weaker contradicts the lore.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"But, when Archimonde was killed, the powers of the Demons began to fade"

Simple. Peasants can be stronger than infernals now. Either way, you have an excuse to make them weaker ;)

punwisp

Reaction score
Ogres I can do, infact I see no reason why not to bring them back. They can be easily convinced to join the horde, I'm sure I can think of some kind of lore. I might be able to fit a satyr somewhere, you guys just need to give me a better idea for that.

Doomguard is OP yes but I can easily make a weaker one. Though they don't belong to the scourge, Scourge is mostly undead and icey kind of units as I think about them. Sense Lich King is controlling them.

I can fit a Icey Infernal in, just make him part of a ulti spell on a new hero.

In one version I can always completely change all the races. Like Naga, Blood Elves, Chaos Orcs, and burning Legion.

Darkspear trolls are dark trolls xD. The green trolls in wc2 were Amani trolls, which were forest trolls. I don't know how I would fit them in to make it make sense witht he lore.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't make another infernal ulti.. It'll be a very unoriginal spell.
For undead, you could simply throw in some skeletons. The archers, the grunts, etc.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Skeletal grunts is part of the warlocks raise dead spell

Warlocks don't have a raise dead spell...
They have: Firebolt, Unholy Frenzy and Cripple.
Nearly like the necromancer (just no raise dead)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.