Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness [Yes, Warcraft II in Warcraft III]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimaspy

Reaction score
I must say that WC2 has the best history of the games, but also the (after WC1 of course :p) worst graphics.

+rep to you.

D

Demon-Spawn

Wow, warcraft 2 in wacraft 3 this interests me very much.
So horde and alliance campaign it seems you have the missions down and the storyline :D

Are you going to work on this by yourself or will you have assistance?

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
I was helping him a little. I don't know where things are at, at the moment. I think I may be able to help out a little again.

Dimaspy

Reaction score
There's a singleplayer RPG comming up anytime.. Later on, and there they will use WC3 modified WC1 and WC2 units out of the human alliance. Also two unofficial factions they've made.

No idea if it's of any use, but here's a page where you can see them.
http://hos.samods.org/units.html

chovynz

Reaction score
Bumpage

Hi all,

I was just surfing around and found this thread on Wc3. I wonder if some collaboration with that team is in order?

chovynz

Reaction score
Witching hour is one of the main guys in that thread above. Just so you know. :)

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
I love those remakes!

How about nursing my profound thirst for preview material with some fresh ingame screenshots of your wonderful mod?

T

TSA

I hope so, I'd love to see this when it is done, and if you read (i think it is) Thanatos' guide on how to do stuff supposedly not doable in wc3, you might figure out that you can open the war2(or w/e) file and export the models, sounds, oil system and voices used............. If you do not understand me I'll get wc2 and do it myself then post it here, but I won't be able to do it next week.... VACATION ROXxXOR!

please tell me you didnt just say youd export the models from war2.... it doesnt have models, its a format of images that are used, thats why wc3 is the first 3-d warcraft, first one that uses 3-d models, the images from war2 would be virtually useless (no offense)...

what, not going to display my town hall! Im one of the modelers, I also have a farm, a better great hall, and a human lumber mill in progress.
attachment.php

NOTE: This is not a screenshot from the actual mod... this was a screenshot i took after completion, the skin could use some work, but i dont skin... much.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Umm. If this was asked in middle of the thread sorry, but: will you edit the balancing at all? if i remember correctly, orcs would almost alays win against humans after palys and ogre mages. I might be wrong though.

chovynz

Reaction score
Umm. If this was asked in middle of the thread sorry, but: will you edit the balancing at all? if i remember correctly, orcs would almost alays win against humans after palys and ogre mages. I might be wrong though.

That entirely depends on how the good the human players are. Besides this is going to be a single player game, a remake of the WCII, so the stats will need to be the same as WCII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.