Warcraft still better than starcraft II?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
So i take it you don't fancy pwning shit with weapons of mass destruction?

I mean srsly if you haven't commanded 12 carriers and 12 battlecruisers then you haven't experienced starcraft fully...

I mean which is better?

24 Grypon riders backed up by a hero fullly leveled with spells of massive destruction? Or 12 battlecruisers that can do 250 damage each at long range due to The Yamato Cannon. 3K!! damage!! No melee HERO CAN WITSTAND THAT MUCH CONCENTRATED FIRE POWER!! The 24 Grypon Riders? Pah they will fall to my carriers!!!

I'll kill em with a few cryptfiends with web and one necromancer.If i get a hero here...i choose cryptlord-4sec stun and ulltimate...the carriers go to waste

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
well, almost no hero... :) I can think of a few that could stand there ground.

Reaction score
I think that Warcraft 3 failed in the RTS department. The low food limit and upkeep were very restrictive, there was too much focus on heroes and details like creeping and neutral buildings took away from the fun in my view. Starcraft had a winning formula for RTS which is why it has remained popular for so long.

As far as I can tell from the released media, Blizzard are sticking to the core Starcraft gameplay, so I'm really looking forward to the melee/campaign aspect as well as the storyline and the increased capabilities of the world editor.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So i take it you don't fancy pwning shit with weapons of mass destruction?

I mean srsly if you haven't commanded 12 carriers and 12 battlecruisers then you haven't experienced starcraft fully...

I mean which is better?

24 Grypon riders backed up by a hero fullly leveled with spells of massive destruction? Or 12 battlecruisers that can do 250 damage each at long range due to The Yamato Cannon. 3K!! damage!! No melee HERO CAN WITSTAND THAT MUCH CONCENTRATED FIRE POWER!! The 24 Grypon Riders? Pah they will fall to my carriers!!!

So you think your tanks and Machines can bring down warcraft units?Nah,If I go to Dragoon Roost Merchants,I go buy 10 heavy red dragons,which all got splash attack and 2k hp with 8 armor...no one can match their power,not even starcraft :nuts:

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
So you think your tanks and Machines can bring down warcraft units?Nah,If I go to Dragoon Roost Merchants,I go buy 10 heavy red dragons,which all got splash attack and 2k hp with 8 armor...no one can match their power,not even starcraft :nuts:
Well, besides the fact that you would need huge amounts of money and more than one roost to do that :)P), why not continue this in another thread: Warcraft units vs. Starcraft units ;)

I think that Starcraft II will be far better than Warcraft III.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Well no matter how much we argue about which game is better, :rolleyes: it's all opinion, not fact. I think that both Warcraft 3 and Starcraft were excellent games and Starcraft II will continue to deliver the genius behind all of Blizzard's games. :)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
though just so you know 12 carriers=96 intereceptors that deal 9 damage each.
also Disruption web :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well no matter how much we argue about which game is better, :rolleyes: it's all opinion, not fact. I think that both Warcraft 3 and Starcraft were excellent games and Starcraft II will continue to deliver the genius behind all of Blizzard's games. :)

True, true...

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I propose a new thread debating which is unit is better starcraft ones or Warcraft ones.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
No, bad idea- a zealot wich is one of the stronger units in starcraft is surpassed by a warcraft peon
Exactly. And as soon as you bring on bigger and better units then the zealot -- which the peon can kill -- you just have a level 10 demon hunter with a bunch of items and moonwells all around for him to heal on...

Sc might be cool, but in terms of fighting each other, I think wc3 has more powerfull units...

Anyways, this thread seems a little pointless IMO. How can you say wc3 is still better then sc2 when sc2 isnt even out yet..

Homer

Reaction score
I grew up playing starcraft and warcraft 2. I had a hard time moving to wc3, however its when I actually put strategey into my game play as well... You can not say one is better then the other in terms of facts. Its all about taste, I'm now really accustom to the wc3 style of an rts, fast paced, lot of micro micro management as each unit is worth so much(Exp and money and strength of your force). However that's not to say that starcraft is nothing in comparison. Its more of a typical rts when looking at it, however its by far one of the most accepted rts', for good reason. The balance is incredible, wars are more strategy based(not to say it lacks micro management). The styles are different but both welcomed. Besides if they were the same style what would be the point of having both sc and wc universes? Both bring their own things to the board.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I grew up playing starcraft and warcraft 2. I had a hard time moving to wc3, however its when I actually put strategey into my game play as well... You can not say one is better then the other in terms of facts. Its all about taste, I'm now really accustom to the wc3 style of an rts, fast paced, lot of micro micro management as each unit is worth so much(Exp and money and strength of your force). However that's not to say that starcraft is nothing in comparison. Its more of a typical rts when looking at it, however its by far one of the most accepted rts', for good reason. The balance is incredible, wars are more strategy based(not to say it lacks micro management). The styles are different but both welcomed. Besides if they were the same style what would be the point of having both sc and wc universes? Both bring their own things to the board.

Yeah, that's wuy i can't wait to buy starcraft II and start doing maps on it.

WarToast

Reaction score
I think that Warcraft 3 failed in the RTS department. The low food limit and upkeep were very restrictive, there was too much focus on heroes and details like creeping and neutral buildings took away from the fun in my view. Starcraft had a winning formula for RTS which is why it has remained popular for so long.

As far as I can tell from the released media, Blizzard are sticking to the core Starcraft gameplay, so I'm really looking forward to the melee/campaign aspect as well as the storyline and the increased capabilities of the world editor.

All the things you mentionened there are what makes the game so special and lovable <3

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Yeah there is no real point debating which game is better as they are two completely different games, they just share the same RTS vein. The only real area fit for comparison is the custom editing side of things, as the design of custom games comes down to the creativity of the editor and the ability of the tools provided.

As far as custom mapping will go, starcraft 2 is said to offer everything war3 did + more. Like mentioned in a previous post, you are going to be able to create alot of previously difficult-to-trigger spells in the object editor alone. Now to expand on that, if you combine the new and easier to use object editor abilities with triggering then it is going to allow you to create far more spectacular abilities then ever seen before. It wouldn't surprise me if you can create that DMC move you were describing. Also they have said that EXP and leveling for heroes will be an available function of the world editor.

Blizzard have only lightly touched on what the editor will be capable of, but they have said they have been listening to the community on what they want and have been factoring everything in. I think it is safe to say that things related to custom spells like altering the position of the unit and adding special effects will be alot easier to do, and easier to implement in MUI. I don't think adding further programming languages will be of much benefit to the community if everything promised is delivered.

I do wonder what kind of file cap (and how much content that file size will consist of) will be available with the new battlenet 2.0 .... but considering that I have read somewhere that it is going to be possible to make campaign maps multiplayer, I don't think it's going to be an issue :D

... From the sounds of it I think there is every reason to switch to SC2 from ye old warcraft, let's just hope that custom modelling will be more compatible so we can bring some fantasy into the new generation

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This is my most popular thread(ironic)

MurderMode, the SCII editor is onna be better.I will moove on as soon as possible...

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't meaning you, someone else (I think jackal) said theres no point in moving across to the SC2 editor. I was kinda replying to alot of different posts.

But yeah, heres a link to the current info on the SCII Editor if you are interested in checking it out -

SCII EDITOR INFO!!>!>>!>!

....it's not alot of info but it does have some exciting news, if you haven't already heard it all before. It's good to hear the editor will support locking maps and also be updated via forum requests too

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am chekin it it out.(gonna edit it later when i have read it)

EDIT: thanks for the Info MurderMode, it kinda cheared me up

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.