US News Washington teen fakes pregnancy as school project

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
TOPPENISH, Wash. – A high school student who faked her pregnancy for six months as a social experiment stunned a student assembly this week by taking off the belly bundle.

Only a handful of people knew that 17-year-old Gaby Rodriguez wasn't really pregnant, including her mother, boyfriend and the principal, according to the Yakima Herald-Republic.

They helped keep the secret from some of her siblings and her boyfriend's family and students and teachers, all as part of a senior project on stereotyping.

Before the revelation, she asked several students and teachers to read quotes people said about her during the course of her experiment.

Last edited:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Haha. It really is surprising. I find myself stereotyping teen moms as well. There are a few in my school, too.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Where can I read the quotes? If I hear similar quotes, I could then tell, our society also need to fight against this.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Six months? It's crazy that she was able to keep the secret. And In a way It is not cool at all. Such as lying to friends and using social experiment as an excuse?
Well, It's kinda stupid social experiment and Where's the hard facts?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Six months? It's crazy that she was able to keep the secret. And In a way It is not cool at all. Such as lying to friends and using social experiment as an excuse?
Well, It's kinda stupid social experiment and Where's the hard facts?

I look forward to reading your analysis of news events every day.

FireCat

Reaction score
Would you? Dare to try? hehe @YourFace

Headlines News brings Freakiest and Weirdest Story in the World said:
A guy fakes pregnancy as a project.
It would simply be...... Oh no "No comment lol" [del]Ouch tooltiperror.[/del]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Haha. It really is surprising. I find myself stereotyping teen moms as well. There are a few in my school, too.
I do too, with good reason. There's only so much you can really think about a 14 year old who's giving up education to have a kid with her (criminal to be) boyfriend of 2 months who she'll probably not be with in a week.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
True, and all of the teen moms at my school don't have a future. The sad truth. All of them are the pot smoking school sluts.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I knocked my girlfriend up my senior year in high school! (she graduated already though). Let me tell you, it really hurt my ending grades and changed our lives more dramatically than one could imagine! The thing is, My wife and I are extremely responsible individuals who have a lot of family support. We were also 18 when we had our son, and had been friends for two years and a couple for the last year. Girls who get knocked up in the middle of high school with a boyfriend who is not responsible and a family that is not supportive must have it reaaaaaally hard, considering the setbacks that my wife and I have had through this whole thing. I can't imagine them succeeding in life. You really have to take pitty on them and give them all the support you can... They need it more than you know and if you don't do it for them, think of their children. They really need as much kindness as you can offer. Try not to scoff at their mistake. They will be paying for it for the rest of their lives.

FireCat

Reaction score
you really have to take pitty on them and give them all the support you can... They need it more than you know and if you don't do it for them, think of their children. They really need as much kindness as you can offer. Try not to scoff at their mistake. They will be paying for it for the rest of their lives.
qft

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Total Win here! I wonder what ever happened to Gaby Rodriguez?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.