Wc3 Map Optimizer 3.7b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Yeah sure checking doodads and destructables on widgetizer causes desyncs because all the players have to be playing that map as first map otherwise it desyncs.

I added info about that widgetizer stuff to the new version's readme.

By the way new version (3.6)

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
3.6's download is reporting bad zip file

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Downloaded and tested with winzip and winrar, no problems

So my guess is that you will have to get a new decompressor program

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Vexorian said:
People uses it because it reduces loading time a bunch.

I don't know if dota uses that cause their map would be crashing since I am sure they use the optimizer, I think they just inline that thing.

AH HA! So it is one of your programs that stops me mpqing it. I don't think it does use Widget because all the talk on the old forums and icefrogs and true.rus programs only copied the strings into the object datafile.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Filesize appears to have changed. Just did download now and file is 450kb. Up from the 300kb I was downloading yesterday. Working now.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
It also adds annoying things like thumbs down and "some people call this map protection"

L

Lordbevan

LOL. Your own definition of "map protection" is really getting annoying. Why do u have to invent ur own words?

Rad

Reaction score
Lol vex delete those posts they dont belong here, we shouldve just had a chat about that somewhere... didnt mean for it to be so long thats just spam in a sticky

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Search Google for music conversion programs, and save the files at a smaller size.

*ahem* what TH really meant was to use my program "Switch" for converting your files to mp3 format.

www.nch.com.au/switch

:D

LOL. Your own definition of "map protection" is really getting annoying. Why do u have to invent ur own words?

Well he has a choice between going with an inaccurate name that has been thrown about since day 1, or going with a name that more accurately describes what the tools actually does. Guess which way he went?

Rad

Reaction score
Its a map protection, whenever you click that little 'crash WE on startup' button. Prevents people from loading the map which is exactly what a map protector does. Call it what you want thats what it is to me and to the majority of people, including those who want to hack it so they can steal it, call it. Now lets just stop the talk about map protection went on to long with it...

Its protecting your map from other people using it when it crashes thier world editor, hence the name MAP PROTECTION. Done. No more posts by me for a week! (in this thread)

L

Lordbevan

Darg said:
Well he has a choice between going with an inaccurate name that has been thrown about since day 1, or going with a name that more accurately describes what the tools actually does. Guess which way he went?

He makes it confusing for noobs. When talking to ordinary people u shouldnt use so much technical jargon, other than to show off how good u are.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"other than to show off how good u are." :):p

I actually always used that option with that common.j stuff but I never analyzed my map closely enough to see that it had a bug.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Lordbevan said:
He makes it confusing for noobs. When talking to ordinary people u shouldnt use so much technical jargon, other than to show off how good u are.

Fair enough, point taken. But I guess it's him you have to convince, not me.....

No one is going to stop any of you from calling it map protection, we know what you are talking about if you do use the term. No harm done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.