Wc3 Map Optimizer 3.7b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
This is just a tool that saves map space and improves its performance.

http://vexorian.wc3campaigns.com/wc3mapoptimizer/Wc3MapOptimizer3.7b.zip

Code:
 3.7b : emergency release, the readme wasn't even updated by the way, fixes serious bugs with combinations of the methods that require to rebuild the map's mpq. I seriously ignore if this version will work correctly with new patch, I just figured out new patch came out right now

3.7 :
 - Fixed a bug with Merge initializations that could move to the global declaration a value that wasn't 
   declared yet and cause script errors.
 - Fixed a bug with the selection of script files that choose commonj twice instead of considering blizzard.j
   which makes me wonder if anybody actually used that option.
 - It is finallly possible to use an auxiliar listfile to help the optimizer browse the map's file.
 - Added an option that allows you to update/create the (attributes) file.
 - An inescrupolous party has been calling the "Make world editor Crash" option a "Map protection", and were
   making "gosu 1337" map unprotection tutorials to get rid of that "Protection" so I just changed the name
   of that option to "Remove As much WE-only data as possible" with a warning that it will cause World Editor
   to crash when openning the map file.
 - Added a "Keep dummy war3mapunits.doo" option that allows the optimizer to keep a dummy war3mapunits.doo
   in the map when using "Remove As much WE-only data as possible" , this is to prevent wc3sear.ch's map 
   upload script to mark the map as 'Corrupted by a Third party software'.
 - Various interface changes.
 - Improved the formatting of the readme.html file

3.6 :
 - "Merge Initialization" , now saves even more script size and its merge globals process got a speed boost.
 - "Optimize BJ functions" now also fixes a leak on GetCurrentCameraSetup and Adds a faster version of
   PolarProjectionBJ.
 - "Clean slks" no longer removes the special classification of units, cause it is actually considered by
   the "Random Creep Unit Type" function.
 - Added "Force Upper Case" option to "shortest variable/function names possible" it should be used to fix
   a very rare bug that may happen in some maps when using that method.

3.5b:
 - Fixed a chance to LOSE the script file of the map, when optimizing widgetized maps, this seems to have
   been caused by a SFMPQ.DLL bug with listfiles when you make plenty of modiffications, or something like
   that.
 - Nothing else besides some minor updates on the readme, Download this version only if you had problems with
   widgetized maps, It might not solve every single problem with widgetized maps, but at least it fixed the
   ones presented in 2 maps I got. More minor updates might be released in the near future until I am sure
   every single bug with widgetizer is fixed.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
ever figure out why is was screwing up my -ar? or y it would not work with widg 1.5 with my map?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
woot another new ver :):):)!!!

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
ever figure out why is was screwing up my -ar? or y it would not work with widg 1.5 with my map?
I jut got your map, so I did't fix that stuff yet.

This was mostly an emergency release cause it was creating Huge files when used on RoC maps.

Rad

Reaction score
How does the 'Allow Map Preview' work? Does it just overwrite the current map preview? Any bugs if it doesnt have a custom loading screen... or anything else that we might need to know? Or is this covered in the readme (I hate reading those because its mostly worthless crap ;) )

EDIT:
Code:
* Allow Map Preview : Will Replace the map's trigger data with a custom one that just has a comment with the info you write in the text boxes, this will allow you to include contact information, the url of the "open source" version / downloadable files that include your stuff, or whatever you want a guy that opens the world editor read.

I still dont understand what this does, is it loading screen or triggers... or wtf it replaces triggers but is designed like loading screen :confused:
Sorry I dont understand how most of this stuff works, mainly because I dont know how the programming of triggers work and stuff

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with preview or loading screen.

It replaces the triggers of the map with a trigger that says whatever you write there

Rad

Reaction score
It replaces the triggers of the map with a trigger that says whatever you write there

So it just hides the triggers and makes a comment or something? Why is it designed like the loading screen set-up menu?

H

Heptameron

MasterOfABCs said:
will this make my map smaller if i have music in it?
Yes. But not as much as you're hoping.

Let's say (for example) you have a map that's 500k, and the optimizer reduces it to 250k. Now let's say that your music adds 2000k to the size. It'll be 2500k, and the optimizer will reduce it to 2250k.

L

Lordbevan

What happened to the bug where with music, ur map becomes bigger?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Lordbevan said:
What happened to the bug where with music, ur map becomes bigger?

That's no bug, it's common sense. Music files are huge in size, thus adding onto the file size of your map.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Search Google for music conversion programs, and save the files at a smaller size.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
ya know...since there seems to me a dozen threads about Wc3 optomizer...cant we just have a designated thread about the optomizer....??

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Even Vexorian moves questions about the optimizer out of his forum into this one. This appears to be the official optimizer thread on these forums.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
MasterOfABCs said:
will this make my map smaller if i have music in it?
this program will work correctly with imported sounds as long as they are mp3.

I was going to fix the bug with wav files but I figured out that it is better to promote a better compression, which is mp3

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Does the inlining option also inline doodad and destructible data as the Widgetizer does?

If so, does it have the same outcome of having to restart WC3 after playing the map, since the next one will have all doodad data wiped out, and desync on loading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.