Wc3 Map Optimizer 3.7b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
In my opinion map protection doesn't really exist. If a combination of options of this tool cause World Editor to crash when opening the map it isn't really a map protection, it may prevent people from opening the map in World Editor but the map is still perfectly editable by other ways like mpq editors, or even a tool I myself made called Quickfivxer.

Since the map can be edited with other ways it can be easily made to be openable by world editor again.

I can't say that the map optimizer is a map protector just to help "noobs" understand what it does. It would be false advertising, I can't do that and it has nothing to do with using a more technical language. The fact is that map protection never existed in warcraft 3 and it is unlikelly that it would exist.

The point of this tool is to decrease map size and performance and that's the root of all its features.

Back to what started this discussion, Even if Map protection existed and the map optimizer was a Map Protector. I still wouldn't agree with wc3sear.ch's 'warning' because besides saying that the map is 'protected', it also claims that the map was damaged/corrupted, the map optimizer doesn't damage maps unless it is a bug, damaged maps wouldn't be able to be played by the game.

link is down for 3.7

Seems to be working for me.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i agree with vex on this one, you can still look at pretty much any thing u want, and edit it too with mpq editor

emjlr3

Reaction score
link is down :(

and what is with your update description..."I seriously ignore"

heh im lost, what does that mean?

Rad

Reaction score
Not down for me :rolleyes:

Also vex, you put that long paragraph in code tags so its like 3 pages long... and you gotta scroll... painfully :mad:

emjlr3

Reaction score
still not working for me, i duno y

edit: I can no longer download anything from this website, pr atleast anything from Vexorians part of it, and it is only this website...duno what the deal is...... :(

could someone maybe email this to me or host is elsewhere so I could get plz

[email protected], ty

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I was finally able to access wc3c's server.

So I uploaded it there, emiljr3 you should be able to download it now

emjlr3

Reaction score
excellent, works now, ty Vex

Rad

Reaction score
Hey Vex I dont know if this is possible, but you should try to make some type of anti-leak option that makes the temporary unit groups before your unit group action, then after it destroys it just like all the custom script you gotta use... Would be nice since nobody has really made a clear, easy-to-use list of leak preventing scripts.

emjlr3

Reaction score
i actually started a thread about this czu iw anted to g throguh and fix all my minor leaks, o check it out, i think its helpful, sure has hleped me al ot

Rad

Reaction score
I still dont understand exactly how they work. I understand what a leak is, creating a point over and over in a for each integer, never removing them. So to cut down you set it to a variable then it uses that instead of making a new one. But what the hell does 'DestroyPoint(udg_my_var)' or whatever do... Cant you just set it to none?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
i actually started a thread about this czu iw anted to g throguh and fix all my minor leaks, o check it out, i think its helpful, sure has hleped me al ot
you should really be more patient and type better.. i mean the worlds not gonna end soon. no offense its hard to real a lil

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Rad said:
I still dont understand exactly how they work. I understand what a leak is, creating a point over and over in a for each integer, never removing them. So to cut down you set it to a variable then it uses that instead of making a new one. But what the hell does 'DestroyPoint(udg_my_var)' or whatever do... Cant you just set it to none?

If you set a point to none, it will leak and all your variable work will be useless. If you set a point variable that is connected to a point to none, it will just lose connection with the point and the point will still be there, leaked. If you destroy it, the point is removed from memory and after that the variable is emptied. Therefore it will not leak if you destroy the point.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Vex u should make it so if u put a pass in u can unlock it. So ppl that save over their files can get their stuff back w/out having to redo it.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
mase said:
Vex u should make it so if u put a pass in u can unlock it. So ppl that save over their files can get their stuff back w/out having to redo it.

This isnt a protector it is a optimizer.

Difference: A 'protector' locks the data used by the world editor. A optimizer removes and changes the data so it the map becomes smaller and faster.
Since the data is removed or changed there is no going back, well gui reconstructor or something but i dont know if that realy exist/work at all.

But i think vex added a thing that made it impossible to overwrite the original map with the optimized.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
phyrex1an said:
This isnt a protector it is a optimizer.

Difference: A 'protector' locks the data used by the world editor. A optimizer removes and changes the data so it the map becomes smaller and faster.
Since the data is removed or changed there is no going back, well gui reconstructor or something but i dont know if that realy exist/work at all.

But i think vex added a thing that made it impossible to overwrite the original map with the optimized.
Oh my bad!

Rad

Reaction score

Depends on how you look at it, protector prevents people from stealing your work. The optimizer prevents people from stealing your work AND reduces file size. So the optimizer is like the god of all protectors ;)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Yea really this is an Optimizing Locker

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Extprotect's password thing makes it so it encrypts the stuff instead of deleting it, I will never add such a thing cause there won't be map reduction at all.

Something that removes leaks is kind of risky and difficult to make, because you can't really be sure that it will leak or not unless you make a really intelligent parser

L

Lordbevan

If you see a code Centre of <> of course it is a leak unless it is assigned to a variable. Is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.