WC3 Monopoly

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
- Dubble Money for landing on go, doesnt work if a card brings you to go.
- Distribute starting properties (2 each, 4 each, all).
- The amout of money from free parking. (250,500,750,1000)
- Roll Dubbles to get out of jail, or after 3 turns you get out auto, or pay (50,100,150,200,250)
- If someone lands on your property when in jail you get no money, goes to the bank.
- Pick luxery tax, 15% or 200. Or just 200, or just 15%.
- Once around the board befor you can buy properties.

You should be able to take a train to another train if you land on it for a price.

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
Pineapple said:
- Dubble Money for landing on go, doesnt work if a card brings you to go.
- Distribute starting properties (2 each, 4 each, all).
- The amout of money from free parking. (250,500,750,1000)
- Roll Dubbles to get out of jail, or after 3 turns you get out auto, or pay (50,100,150,200,250)
- If someone lands on your property when in jail you get no money, goes to the bank.
- Pick luxery tax, 15% or 200. Or just 200, or just 15%.
- Once around the board befor you can buy properties.

You should be able to take a train to another train if you land on it for a price.

- Sounds good and easy, ill add it in as a house rule
- Already do that in speed mode :D
- I have it as the money use when you land on pay taxes or one of those.
- OK
- I'll add that in too
- I have it as pick. So ill make it one or the others as a house rule. Picked or random?
- Sure.

Posibily. They are Packmules Riderless Horses, Riderless Kodos, and ??? Something else (can't think :banghead: ) Instead of trains.

Sure, But post the stuff you want the cards to say.

I will as soon as I can get WC3 up. Having some problems :( . None that I can't fix though. :)

D

Demonspawn21

samplecardjpeggv2.jpg

This is one I whipped up fairly quickly.

If this is what you are looking for, the perfect.

If not, I can redo it with fancier visuals.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
monopolycardcopyen9.jpg

Couldn't help myself. Its a Warcraft monopoly so i thought i would make it more war like.

Tonks

Reaction score
Demonspawn21 said:
Sure, But post the stuff you want the cards to say.

like for example

1.) Get out of Jail-Free card.
2.) Start an awesome uber 1337 minigame.
How about this. Do you have a monopoly board at home? Go get the cards and scan them on the comp or just copy them :p

Anything.

Reaction score
Mass Teleport effect or Waygate for the trains.

Maybe the cards can be full screen images through cinematic? Eh... I'm kind of tired, so I'm not sure what's going on... :banghead:

Tonks

Reaction score
Maybe you could add in sounds to match the cards? Just to say what the card says, add a bit more interest :)

D

Demonspawn21

Yours maybe fancier but.....For every one card of yours he has, He could have 7 of mine for the same ammount of space.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
How about this. Do you have a monopoly board at home? Go get the cards and scan them on the comp or just copy them

I do, but it is Star Wars Monopoly so it has differnt looking cards.

Maybe the cards can be full screen images through cinematic? Eh... I'm kind of tired, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Already decided I would do them through Fade Filters.

Pineapple and Deamonspawn I like Pinapples much better, but space is an issue. I have no idea how you determine space a picture takes up, so my idea. Is a normal black background with Pineapples Font. :D

However in all fairness Deamonspawn did ask first. :eek:

Anything.

Reaction score
Pictures work the same as .mdx, .mdl, .blp, .tga and the works. KB = space. The more, the worse.

H

herra-sika

hey, why dont you add computer players (if some player is not playing computer controller of that player will be computer!) :p

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Pictures work the same as .mdx, .mdl, .blp, .tga and the works. KB = space. The more, the worse.

Yes I know that, but I don't know how you could reduse the KB of a picture. Deammonspawn said his pictures took up less space than Pineapples, I don't know how one picture could take up less. Is it the less colors you use or something?

hey, why dont you add computer players (if some player is not playing computer controller of that player will be computer!)

Quite dificult, but if anyone is willing to do that. Be my guest. :D

Maybe you could add in sounds to match the cards? Just to say what the card says, add a bit more interesting

Possibly, but I would use the sounds already built into WC3.

Anything.

Reaction score
Surferkid993 said:
Yes I know that, but I don't know how you could reduse the KB of a picture. Deammonspawn said his pictures took up less space than Pineapples, I don't know how one picture could take up less. Is it the less colors you use or something?
Kind of. Say you had something all white compared to something with a gradient of red. All those colors and shades will definately be more KB than the white, or even comparatively to one wiht only red. Also, the length and width of the picture adds to the filesize.

Basically, the more you do, the bigger the size.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Ok, so making the background all black and the text one shade of red will be quite small.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I got it down to 10kb for one card, i could pull it down to around 5. But then you dont get any of the ripple effect.

10kb
monopolycardcopypj8.jpg

Anything.

Reaction score
Pineapple said:
I got it down to 10mb for one card, i could pull it down to around 5. But then you dont get any of the ripple effect.

10mb
monopolycardcopypj8.jpg
You scared me a bit there. 10KB you mean ;)

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Can I beta test? (Northrend Preferable)
I can help with any triggers if you wish.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
254785.jpg

Just something I came up with. Trying to think of ways to reduce size.

Sure you can Beta Test! :D :D

10kb! What did I do wrong, mine is 23!

December is what I'm shooting for. But hopefully sooner! :D

10kb x 30cards = 300kb is that to much?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.