WC3 Monopoly

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
Anything. said:
From your description on your website, I have a couple of comments, m'kay?
  • You should use something else other than the Foot Switch for the neighborhood markers - the colors look too giddy ;) Try the Glowing Runes (They are multicolor) and place a couple in a line.
  • The person who owns the property shouldn't go to jail. It just wouldn't be fair - the other person gets away without paying rent and he gets stuck behind bars? This wouldn't happen in real life ;)
  • Spruce up the jail - it looks a bit plain. You can use those barred walls from Dungeon tileset ;)
  • Do you have Felwood? You must have Felwood!!!
  • Could you list the 85 extra units for me? Haha, I'd like to see what I get for submitting something.
  • I can already tell that this will be pretty cool. But it would make it more fun if there were free parking.
  • Can I be a beta tester??
  • Are you using my crappy dice icon I made you? :D
  • Is there a timer feature which when it runs out, skips the player's turn because they take too long? Is there a boot / leaving feature?
  • You should add Succubus to the Unit list because it's cool!!

• I'll check it out.
  • I already thought of that one, and I am going to do it so they aren't sent to jail.
  • I'm on it. I was thinking the same thing.
  • Ahh! No Felwood! Oh I'll change one of the others to Felwood, what would the three properties in that area be?
  • List them! Grr, I'll get on that when I have WE open.
  • Ofcourse free parking will be in it. :)
  • Sure you can just keep in mind I will be a few months.
  • Heck yes I am!
  • Yes, there is a timmer feature that will roll automaticly, see main post. And there will be a boot option.
  • Succubus might already be in as a special unit if not I'll throw it in.

m'kay!

Anything.

Reaction score
Oooh. Felwood should a mixture have these areas (I posted more, so you can choose ;)): Jaedenar (Ruins - Ashenvale has some nice mossy ruined doodad things), Emerald Sanctuary (Just put a couple nice Night Elf buildings a night elf sentry and a tauren), Bloodvenom Falls (Um... grassy area with Dalaran Reject slimes on it ;)), Irontree Wood (Oversized Northrend Trees [dead kind] with a corrupted treant and some blight!), Felpaw Village (Furbolg place).

If you need some other suggestions, then ask :D

Edit
BTW, use the Dungeon Gate instead of the Iron Gate for the Jail, it would look cooler :)

H

herra-sika

hmm.. its nice idea i hope you will do it well, that it becomes popular game like risk in wc3 :p

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
An idea:

You can make units which sell professions and upgrades for your houses and hotels
Also houses can have the ability to create luxuries, making the one on them pay more ransom ;)

Surferkid993

Reaction score
What do you mean by professions and the luxuries would be cool, but grr thats quite difficult.

Felwood has been added in!!!!!!! ;)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Surferkid993 said:
What do you mean by professions and the luxuries would be cool, but grr thats quite difficult.
Not difficult at all.You just make upgrades to your houses increasing ransom
And by proffesions, I mean put the houses to more use than just ransom increase.Make more ways so that a player can add money to his properties ;)

D

Demonspawn21

I think a better idea would be.....Have it like actual monopoly

U can add up to four houses to ur propertie at once, then trade those four houses in for a hotel.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Demonspawn21 said:
I think a better idea would be.....Have it like actual monopoly

U can add up to four houses to ur propertie at once, then trade those four houses in for a hotel.
Not at all.I believe that making it custom is more fun ;)

D

Demonspawn21

Although I think that would be a good idea, I think yours should be used as a house rule instead of the norm.

If u know wut im saying.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Demonspawn21 said:
I told people my views on reputation, and some people like above poster seem immature enough to open a flame war on them.

But anyway just say what trigger needs made or improving and ill get on it.
Are your views on reputation posting five hundred threads about nothing in the WE Help Zone?

But never mind, let's talk about monopoly!
I would suggest making it as much as the real thing as possible, maybe adding mini games.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Mini Games good Idea, What kinds of minigames?
Also what prizes, maybe a random minigame every 10 min? A prize could be a property, free house, get out of jail free card, money. Great Idea!

What are some suggestions?

Tonks

Reaction score
Gambling: Have them able to gamble properties, gold, and houses in minigames. Like Poker! :D

D

Demonspawn21

Ooh or...

Everytime someone lands on chance, they have a chance to start a minigame for everyone... the winner ending up with more gold then he/she orginally had.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Good idea I was thinking of a way to put it into the chance thing, but I didn't want it to be a card.

PS: I forgive you <3 on the whole ruining this site thing.

D

Demonspawn21

Eh that was a long time ago.

Well if you wanted to do lets say....chance cards, I could make you low kb Yellow cards with chance outcomes on them that you can import ingame, So it feels like the real thing when you land on chance.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Are you saying to do a fade filter and show the cards? I thought of that, but didn't want to take the time to. If you would that would be great. Ill post a list of the new sayings on my cards.

D

Demonspawn21

Sure, But post the stuff you want the cards to say.

like for example

1.) Get out of Jail-Free card.
2.) Start an awesome uber 1337 minigame.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.