Weapon that doesn't target unit?

Reaction score
Is there a way to make it so a weapon doesn't target a unit, but a point instead?

I was not able to solve this in the data editor. What I ended doing was triggering it along these lines:

Event
-> Unit Uses Ability Attack
Condition
-> Target Point of Ability != No Point
Action
-> Create a dummy unit at Target Point of Ability
-> Order Triggering Unit to Attack it.

jleips2600

Reaction score
yeah i was afraid i'd have to do that. argh.
I originally was gonna make the weapons as abilities that target the ground, but then i cant really make it shoot more than 1 'bullet' at a time or spread the bullets in an arc in any way =\
Unless someone knows how to do that through abilities/Launch Missile effect?

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
I was not able to solve this in the data editor. What I ended doing was triggering it along these lines:

Event
-> Unit Uses Ability Attack
Condition
-> Target Point of Ability != No Point
Action
-> Create a dummy unit at Target Point of Ability
-> Order Triggering Unit to Attack it.

But it would not damage units in between the dummy and the attacker, now would it? Seems rather pointless.

Reaction score
But it would not damage units in between the dummy and the attacker, now would it? Seems rather pointless.

Does not (because it was not required to, of course. :] )
To achieve that, you'd need to change the weapon to a Launch Missile types, add a periodic search to the actual missile unit, that kills the missile and deals damage to any unit found in the area.

By using a launch missile effect, you can also fire more than one bullet (have more launch effects.) No idea what you mean about the spraying bullets around though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.