Weight Problems

duyen

Reaction score
Hey,

As most of you don't know, I am having weight problems and I need to gain weight, like 20 pounds would be good.

I've got a question, will skipping breakfast make me gain weight?

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
~Anman

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I don't see how not eating would make you gain weight. Besides, it's unhealthy to skip breakfast. ;)

duyen

Reaction score
I don't see how not eating would make you gain weight. Besides, it's unhealthy to skip breakfast. ;)

Lowers your metabolism, meaning not so much food for the rest of the day is burned up.

I know you don't lose any weight by skipping breakfast, but do you actually gain any?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend skipping breakfast on any account.

Reaction score
I won't get any heavier by eating more. Have tested like 3 times. (not like.. eating more on 1 day, more likely 4 - 6 months).

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Why do you wanna gain weight anyway? You think yourself to skinny, or anything else? It's not healthy to gain lots of pounds really fast, or loose, either. As you grow older you will become larger too, just show patience.

duyen

Reaction score
Why do you wanna gain weight anyway? You think yourself to skinny, or anything else? It's not healthy to gain lots of pounds really fast, or loose, either. As you grow older you will become larger too, just show patience.

My doctor says I need to gain weight - and I'm to skinny.

Flare,

Already read it but thanks anyways.
___

In particular I'm looking for people with experience in the matter.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think 13 is way too young to be worrying about being too skinny.

Anyway, I went from 125 to 135 in some months by doing muscle building workouts mainly for my upper body.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I'm guessing because you want to skip breakfast that your doctor spent no time telling you what they suggest that you should do.

I'm no expert in this topic so don't blindly follow whatever I say. But simplily put, don't skip any meals. I'm sure you heard this speech before and I don't want to repeat it because I know you won't read it. Always have your three major meals of the day unless for some reason you can't.

Just try to eat more calories than you burn. Also remember that you burn calories at night. Some bodybuilders even wake up in the middle of the night to eat a meal to avoid their body breaking down their muscles. I'm not suggesting that you do this but I just want to get the point across that you burn calories in your sleep. I believe the average person burns about 60 calories per hour when they sleep. But that health video was 10-20 years old.

duyen

Reaction score
I never skip meals.

But yeah my doctor didn't really give me any tips, but he had a good reason not to but it's a long story.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Just remember that when you eat more, you should still watch out for the sodium level, sugar, fat, etc. I would recomend things like pasta which are high in carbs.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Eat LOTS of fruits and Veggies. Eating lots of garbage will only make your body is worse shape. Lots of healthy food and a good amount of working out should help you. Try getting active in a sport maybe?

I used to be skinny (i weighed 150 at 6 foot 4), but now I weigh close to 200 at 6 foot 6. I gained all my pounds from eating lots of healthy food, working out, working on a farm, playing Hockey, Rugby, Baskettball, Track and Field (etc...)

Seriously, try a sport.

P.S. dont skip breakfast, eat a big healthy one (wheatties, milk, orange juice, fruit)

Reaction score
Ignore the ridiculous superstition that is the categorization of "good" and "bad" foods, it is fad driven. Find the basic foods that you like, eat more of them, diversify the content of your meals and avoid substituting proper meals with snack foods and fast food.

duyen

Reaction score
Just remember that when you eat more, you should still watch out for the sodium level, sugar, fat, etc. I would recomend things like pasta which are high in carbs.

I am addicted to pasta :p I have it like every other day.

Also: I consider myself to eat balanced meals, I make sure I have fruit / vegetables for every meal.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
If I had a similar problem I sure wouldn't ask on this forum.
If you ask on a fitness forum you mb get a professional. Here your chance to get wrong advice is way too big.

duyen

Reaction score
If I had a similar problem I sure wouldn't ask on this forum.
If you ask on a fitness forum you mb get a professional. Here your chance to get wrong advice is way too big.

You mean this forum isn't loaded with doctors? Whoa!

[/sarcasm]

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, my problem is that I am underweight for my height -_-'

My parents are Health and PE teachers. xD

So I will help you
Really, because I do 3-5 miles swim workout then 2 mile land workout. I don't have worry much about my diet, but it seems you don't really want to go crazy with your exercise.
I suggest you do at least running, swimming or weight lifting. (Muscles will take place of the fat); Don't try diets, to lose weight you have to do lifestyle chances, if you want to be skinny... You have to give up some things.

Yes skipping breakfast (The best meal ever), will make you, maybe not weight more but at least make you eat more later.

duyen

Reaction score
Well, my problem is that I am underweight for my height -_-'

My parents are Health and PE teachers. xD

So I will help you
Really, because I do 3-5 miles swim workout then 2 mile land workout. I don't have worry much about my diet, but it seems you don't really want to go crazy with your exercise.
I suggest you do at least running, swimming or weight lifting. (Muscles will take place of the fat); Don't try diets, to lose weight you have to do lifestyle chances, if you want to be skinny... You have to give up some things.

Yes skipping breakfast (The best meal ever), will make you, maybe not weight more but at least make you eat more later.

*facepalm*

The Beginning of Thread said:
I am having weight problems and I need to gain weight

Also, I DON'T want to be SO skinny, skinny isn't bad, but I don't want my ribs to poke out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.