Weight Problems

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
You mean this forum isn't loaded with doctors? Whoa!

[/sarcasm]
I just say trusting some random member of th.net talking about your health isn't the best idea ever.
It's like going on a fitness forum and asking for computer help... it might work but it might also worsen everything.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Mizuio Ken, he wants to gain, not lose weight.
Must have read it wrong, Heh xD

I suggest you do what I do then, not gain weight or lose weight. Just keep it where it is (unless your super model... Then eat the stick of butter)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Actually, it's been proving that starving yourself (aka 'diets') will make you infact GAIN weight. Not instantly, takes about a week or two though. Thing is that your body thinks you're starving (which you are) thus makes reserves, and turns all the food you get later on, into fat (stored energy) but you will have less energy so it's not recommended.

To gain fat, eat, and then sleep. It is recommended to wait 30-60 minutes after eating before sleeping, else your body will turn the food into fat.

Now the above is just FAT, not muscles, but fat is weight.
You shouldn't worry too much, you'll grow. Doesn't matter if you're fat or skinny, as long as you're healthy.

Best thing for you to do is excercise. Don't expect much in a week or two, heck, not even one month. It takes minimum 3 months to have something noticable (gain weight, muscle, etc.)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Eat foods high in carbs and proteins and go to the gym. Better search up for exercises that increase the muscle mass and how to make those exercises correctly (usually, if you make the exercises at a fast pace, you loose weight and just tonify the muscle; if you do them slowly, you will increase the tissue mass in time). The proteins are for muscle, the carbs are for gaining fat. Don't just eat to fill up the fat cells, you will end up with a not so healthy body. I don't think you are too young to start thinking about this, I started gaining fat at about your age and right now I'm keeping myself under a strict diet (I don't mean starving myself, I read a lot about the way the body works and I keep a relatively good diet) and go to the gym every day to loose weight. I mean, I really wish now that I would have thought at this even before I started gaining weight. Now I'm putting a lot of effort into loosing weight and it's not that easy.

Also, as esb said, eat within 2-3 hours before going to sleep. And don't eat too much times a day. Don't skip the breakfast or anything, but just eat the basic 3 meals, every day at fixed times. This way your metabolism gets slower and you will gain weight.

However, don't take this measures without making any exercise. That's not the right way to go.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I am quite skinny for my height too, and I mean really skinny. I should weigh 65 kg at least instead of current 55 kilograms. I am 180 cm tall.

Now, I have tried to raise my weight with the help of a fitness trainer and I gained additional kilograms but he told me my metabolism is really fast and my best bet would be simply to wait for my body to develop and grow. I am 17 and as you know, male body grows and develops muscular structures and bones, organs and whatnot to the age of 21. So a few years to go, hopefully.

Well, emotionally I am not bothered being so slim. Yes, I do get made fun at sometimes but I am used to it and normally I pull some clever quirks from my sleeves to counter and turn my slimness into an act of joke. Makes everybody laugh and I always like happy and laughing people.

The only cons are that it's a pain to find decent fitting clothes because I am not satisfied with junk and I like to look stylish and the shops don't have so small numbers. On a more serious note, being so slim means my temperature changes very fast, I mean, my normal body heat temperature is 36.0 on Celcius scale (that's 0.6-0.7 lower than normal) and my heart beat is always higher than it should be. Tough, that doesn't affect my physical performance as I can run 60 metres in 7.4 seconds and long distances aren't a problem either. I play football on a regular basis so the fact I am slim doesn't mean I am outpowered by my teammates if strength is the subject.

I think being so slim is just a part of me, who I am. And frankly, if I could choose to be 'normal', slim or fat, I would still choose being slim.

P.S

Yes, I know I did not suggest anything but I thought I should just share this with you.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
work out. Muscle does weigh more then fat does. Build some muscle and gain weigh, what is there to lose?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Resistance training with some cardio.

Eat heartily and don't skip meals.

Eat snacks too.

Eat your greens but focus on protein and carbs. Mainly protein. When you eat something meaty pig out.

EDIT ~ When I say resistance training I don't mean go out and buy a weight bench. Make sure you're AT LEAST doing pushups, squat jumps, and jogging every day and you'll gain weight. Don't burn yourself out though or you'll lose weight instead of gaining it.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I am addicted to pasta :p I have it like every other day.

[del]Also: I consider myself to eat balanced meals, I make sure I have fruit / vegetables for every meal.[/del]

Do that and magic!
>.>

skullkidd

Reaction score
EAT PROETIN :p lots of it.

i use to have this problem. I just drank the stuff twice a day for 3 and a half week and i gained 35 lbs. then I started working out and turned it into muscle.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
15kg in less than a month - yeah ofcourse,
and I guess it is very healthy to fatten up first and then work out.

skullkidd

Reaction score
yah. and sometimes they are hard to drink a full serving because its so much but you just have to deal with it.

Yah Cilla, working out afterwards is a very good strategy. Makes your body really immune to sickness and you get built easier. (not too easy). and when i was working out i drank those vitamin drinks. They are disgusting!! all those vegetables blended up. But after a workout... damn it goes down good. (cold of course)

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
I am sorry that you didn't get the irony.

I don't think it is healthy to eat and just fatten up one month and then start to work out after you gained( fett cells).

Demi666

Reaction score
You need to gain weight?

Muscle weight? fat weight? or both?

Muscle weight, Simple -- Train :p

Fat weight - eat 4 times a day, and a candy bar

Both - Combine 1 & 2 but remove candy bar

15 weeks later and wooha, you got urself some nice abs

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah gaining fat is never helpful. Exercise and eat more. Don't skip breakfast whatever you do.

skullkidd

Reaction score
nope i didn't get it, sorry ha.
but it is healthy and effective. you just have to manage what you do well

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I have a crazy-fast metabolism, so I only weigh around 54kg's.

If you want to try to increase your metabolism, eat lightly throughout the day, instead of having 3 big meals. Also try to eat a light dinner. Dinner/Tea is a pointless meal in the fact that it gives you all this energy that you are not going to burn off, rather just have it sit there as you sleep. If you eat lightly throughout the course of the day, your body is constantly working rather than having this huge load... break... huge load... break etc etc. If you're at school, eating between (or even in) classes works.

Oh and 30 minutes of excerise a day. If you need some more motivation, take your dog for a walk, or try convince your parents to buy one. It's optimal for dogs to walk for at least 30 minutes a day to avoid them developing sympotms, so this not helps your dog, but it helps you burn calories too. This also makes exercise fun as you can play with your dog, and get burnt out with him :).

Good luck.

EDIT: Okay nevermind, I also failed in not reading the thread properly.

As for gaining weight: Don't. Once you get older, you'll gain weight a hell of a lot faster than you do in your younger, teen years. Treasure it while you can (while i'm also still in my late teen years, I have heard this so many times from adults).

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I know how to get fat!
Get married.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.