What are you afraid of?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
but most spiders aren't venomous, at least not ones typically found in homes. unless you're australian

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Spider's don't all have the same venom.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
but most spiders aren't venomous, at least not ones typically found in homes. unless you're australian

wrong all spiders have venom. Some spiders cant pierce human skin, and some have too weak poison to affect a regular person but all spiders have venom. only daddy long legs dont have venom, but at the same time they arnt spiders,

Varine

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's not true. I've always been told daddy long legs were the most venomous.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's not true. I've always been told daddy long legs were the most venomous.
Oh crap I must admit, Varine is right. and you're wrong Jedimindtrixxx Well, kind of! lol

The most poisonous animal, believe it or not, is the daddy long legs, however, it's mouth is so small, it cannot bite us.
Aren't we lucky they can't bite us?

* The world's deadliest spiders to humans are Brazilian wandering spiders
also known as banana spiders. More people in the world die from their venom than any other poisonous spider on the globe.
The Brazilian wandering spider is native to the jungles of South and Central America, and has a tendency to wander into populated areas, hence its name.

*Most dangerous spiders are brown recluses and funnel
web spiders.
Brown recluses are found in a few areas of North America,
and funnels webs are located on the Australian continent in fairly defined areas

* Black widow
bites are rarely fatal. Death may occur if the person who is bit is allergic. More commonly, people who are bit by a black widow suffer some pain and illness.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Heights and anything related to them. Can't walk on a bridge next to the fence ( i feel comfy about 1 metre away from the fence/edge). Can't look out the second story window or higher. Getting dizzy and wanting to vomit happens a lot if i am in a situation like this, also my legs tend to shut themselves off a.k.a freeze in place.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
in the case of the daddy long legs, then my bio teacher lied to me,
that bastard

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Pholcid spiders have venom (like almost all spiders) but there's nothing special about it; in fact, a recent study showed that pholcid venom is unusually weak in its effect on insects.
Yeah I'm pretty sure daddy long legs aren't that venomous, don't produce much venom, and can barely pierce through the first few layers of skin. At least there is no evidence saying that they are extremely poisonous so its hard to tell.

I dislike spiders not because of their bites but because of the way they move. It's so alien. Any other animal with more than 6 leg I generally dislike too.

In my dreams I'm afraid of heights because all my nightmares end up with me falling but I'm not actually afraid of heights in rl. Weird.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
It's pretty messed up already isn't it? @NightShade lol

Well, no one's wrong or right Until ......

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am affraid of the future. Not tommorow, or the day after tommorow, but my life after 16-24 months.. this is my pre-last year in school, loads of EXTREAMLY important tests comming next year *cry*

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I am affraid of the future. Not tommorow, or the day after tommorow, but my life after 16-24 months..

yeah, im afraid of 2012 too 3:

on a real note i can sort of relate because i have NO clue what i want to do as a career. Like, at all, and im almost done gr 10 now. I've just recently gotten a better understanding, and thought about engineering but even then thats not specific at all. i need to start looking at uni's already and how can i do that if i have no clue what i wanna do.

EDIT: oh also really closed spaces scare me. not like, me being claustrophobic, i can easily sit in a small space, im talkin bout just like, bein buried alive or something. i guess sort of bein in a situation that i cant control

Varine

Reaction score
I think there will be a lot of riots in 2012.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I think there will be a lot of riots in 2012.

which is actually what has me worried. im just really hoping police will be prepared for anything. I live in a quiet suburban town so i hope nothing serious happens where I am but Toronto is probably gunna be a wreck.

Varine

Reaction score
Haha yes I am kind of worried about that more than the actual 2012 thing. And I can see Congress using it as an excuse to instate gun laws which will make everything worse (and probably start riots in and of itself).

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
the unknown, especially drugs/pills/chemicals (do you know what those things do to you?)

Varine

Reaction score
the unknown, especially drugs/pills/chemicals (do you know what those things do to you?)

I know that it's AWESOME. Except pain killers, the hospital gave me some a while ago because I hurt my back. I took three of them, then got sick, then slept for like two and a half days.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Except pain killers, the hospital gave me some a while ago because I hurt my back. I took three of them, then got sick, then slept for like two and a half days.

If it was T3's, i heard that all it does is make you sleep forever and ever, oh and makes you throw up.

Varine

Reaction score
I don't remember. I just knew I was getting pain killers and was pumped because my back really hurt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.