What are you afraid of?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I'm not going to say nothing, but at the moment there is nothing I'm afraid. lol

So what are you afraid of? Snakes, Spider, bugs? Something else?

snakes.gif

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Right now I'm afraid I'm going to fail my Russian class because apparently there is a contact requirement. Does that count?

Varine

Reaction score
mmkay right on. I'm pretty worried. I seriously I had no idea I actually had to ATTEND the class, you'd think that would be something that they'd point out when you register for it.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I don't seem to have any great phobias, but I'm those "take it slowly" people because I don't like rollercoasters or amusement parks that much. Right now I'm working on getting used to fear of heights, because I'll miss pretty much everything if I can't go to high places.

Varine

Reaction score
Go skydiving dude. It'll either help, do nothing, or embarrass you in front of your instructor.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Go skydiving dude. It'll either help, do nothing, or embarrass you in front of your instructor.

I'll do that when the opportunity comes. I'd also like to do a benji-jump and go to Pripyat. :)

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah Chernobyl is pretty cool. I've only been there once though. I want to go to Rossokha (the vehicle graveyard) but apparently you're not allowed to anymore.

I don't know what benji-jumping is. Like BASE jumping? I did that once in southern Idaho (there's a bridge there where it just happens to be legal all year). Or did you mean bungee jump? I've never done that, I don't like being upside down and I don't trust my friends to pull me back up. I wouldn't put it beyond them to leave me there for a while.

FireCat

Reaction score
mmkay right on. I'm pretty worried. I seriously I had no idea I actually had to ATTEND the class, you'd think that would be something that they'd point out when you register for it.
Well, it's a good idea check it twice before you register. You would not get any creepy surprises then. So can't you attend the class or what?

What is that?

Varine

Reaction score
No, I CAN go to the class, I just don't want to. It's a waste of my time, because I typically already know the majority of what they're teaching me and in the rare occasion I don't I typically can teach myself the material several times faster, I just need the degree because I'm required to have one so that I can work on my Doctrate. Besides I paid a lot for the class, I don't see why it matters if I go so long as I pass the course work. None of my other professors care.

And Pripyat is a town that used to be near the Chernobyl power plant in the Soviet Union before the meltdown, most of the workers at the power plant lived there. It was abandoned afterwards. You've probably seen pictures of it, or at least of that little amusement park they were building. The sniper level in the first Modern Warfare (where you shoot the dude's arm off and then run through town and wait for a helicopter to come save you near the ferris wheel) was in Pripyat.

FireCat

Reaction score
Yeah, but maybe, you should ask someone before you skip going to the class anyway.
Better safe than sorry, eh?

Oh crap, you wanna visit the sniper? @Vellu :p

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Australia. after that i'd say heights

most definitely going bungee jumping and skydiving once i turn 18 and have the money though. not something i would want to miss in my lifetime. (definitely not over or in Australia though)

@Varine, what kind of doctorate

@Vellu, don't 'work' on it, just go straight to that tall rollercoaster. if ur scared of heights that means even more of an adrenaline rush for you.

Varine

Reaction score
@Jedi

Australia, WTF dude? You're just afraid of Australia? Haha.

Skydiving isn't actually that expensive. The first time you do it I think you need to go tandem (which sucks because they tie you on the front obviously, or else you would be in the way of the parachute, then lean outside the door with you trying to not fall away and scare the shit out of you), but there are various other ways you might be able to on the first jump. The place I went last time had this option where basically you jump out with two instructors, who let go of you once you're clear of the plane and one gets in front of you and one of them behind. That way if something goes wrong (i.e. you don't pull the ripcord, you might pass out I guess I don't know, any number of situations that would likely lead to you otherwise falling to your death) they can grab you. It was more expensive (requires two instructors instead of just one and it's a hell of a lot more dangerous), but it would probably be a way cooler first experience. BASE jumping, that was really scary. I didn't think my parachute was going to open fast enough for me to land safe.

And I'm planning on getting a Doctorate in Mathematical Sciences. Not sure what school yet, somewhere in Russia though. Probably Moscow or Saint Petersburg. I'd like to Siberia somewhere though, but I've been told Siberia is the New Jersey of Russia. Not the US, I hate schools here, every one I have been to here has been an utter waste of time and money. Right now I'm going to the cheapest school I could find because I honestly don't think that I'm going to get much better of an education anywhere else here unless I want to pay a lot (and again, I'm not doing that because what it comes down to is I can teach it to myself pretty quickly), so I might as well do it cheaply.

@FireCat

Yes I could check, however I didn't really want to. I did check for next term though. I have one class with contact requirements but I only have to go eight times to meet that. I only have to go six to get a B.

@wrongvine

I hate that quote. As to what people want to say it means I don't care. What that actually means is that you're afraid of being afraid. Which in turn implies that you're not only afraid of something abstract, but you're afraid of the fact that you're afraid of it, which is significantly worse than being afraid of, say, a big spider.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
@Jedi

Australia, WTF dude? You're just afraid of Australia? Haha.

"According to the Guinness Book of Records, the Cassowaries are the world’s most dangerous birds...The Cassowary lives in the rain forests of Australia..."

"The blue-ringed octopuses are three octopus species that live in tide pools in the Pacific Ocean, from Japan to Australia...are currently recognized as one of the world's most venomous animals."

"The Stonefish is another of Australia's deadly marine creatures." "...the Stonefishes, whose members are venomous, dangerous, and even fatal to humans. It is the most venomous fish in the world"

"The Box Jellyfish season starts with the onset of the wet across the top of northern Australia, usually around October and lasts until April. Further south along the northern Queensland or northern Western Australia coast the season is usually from November to March...You have virtually no chance of surviving the venomous sting. The pain is so excruciating and overwhelming that you would most likely go into shock and drown before reaching the shore"

"Mostly found in Africa and Australia, the crocodile is one of the world’s most deadliest animals."

"The Inland Taipan, also known as the Small Scaled Snake and Fierce Snake, is native to Australia and is the most venomous land snake in the world based on LD50 value."

"There are several types of brown snakes but the Pseudonaja is the genus commonly found in Australia. Known as one of Australia’s most deadly creatures, the brown snake has a venom which quickly kills if it goes untreated."

"Australian funnel-web spiders are very venomous spiders...Funnel-webs are one of the three most dangerous spiders in the world and are regarded by some to be the most dangerous."

etc.
not to mention I've heard that the people themselves aren't very.... friendly.
Australia. Never. Ever.
nor south america for that matter, with all them bullet ants and human botflys.

also about the schools, i heard in america that as long as you can pay the several hundred thousand it costs to get in you get your diploma.

EDIT:
@Firecat, i like the fight club version of the airplane safety brochures more:
6a00e54ecdaa8a8833011278dda80f28a4-pi

Varine

Reaction score
No. So long as you spend several hundred thousand dollars and the professors like you. If you're me you just spend several hundred thousand dollars and are told you didn't come to class enough.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm not going to say nothing, but at the moment there is nothing I'm afraid. lol

That is a load of crap. It is impossible to not be afraid of things in life, there are far too many objects and far too many things on this world. There are many things you are afraid of, you're just trying to seem like a hardass. :p

Varine

Reaction score
I vote we find out where he lives and throw spiders on him to see what happens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.