What is the scariest movie EVER?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
well im looking for the scariest movie ever. i want a movie that will make me shit my pants of scaredness. something with a ton of suspense. ive seen some scary movies but i want to watch that one movie that wil make me have nightmares for the rest of summer. slasher/aliens/ghosts/ w.e doesnt matter as long as it scares the shit out of me. help is appreciated as always.

also i cant really watch like 1950ish scary movies because i can never take those movies seriously when that monster pops out and he looks worse than my halloween costume.

scary movie List:
  • The Eye (English one was scary, hear the Hong Kong version is also scary)
  • Misery
  • Rose Red
  • One Missed Call
  • The Ring 1/2
  • The Grudge 1/2 (Ju-On is the Jap one)
  • REC 1/2 (Spanish movie)
  • Alien 1-4
  • Shutter (Thai movie, heard the english one sucked)
  • Drag Me to Hell (not that good of a movie but had its suspensful parts)
  • Excorcist (i found it Meh but others found it scary)
  • Cabin Fever
  • Audition (J-horror)
  • Dead Silence (wasnt too scary overall but it had it's scenes)
  • The Crazies
  • Cloverfield
  • Saw 1-6 (or was it seven? theres way too much of em ; more gorey than scary)
  • The Descent (theres a sequel but i dont know if its any good)
  • 28 days/weeks/(months i heard was announced recently) Later
  • The Phone (korean)
  • Them (Ils ; french movie, havn't seen myself but heard from various sources that its scary)
  • Mirrors
  • Paranormal Activity

more to come

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
seen the new one, wasnt too scary.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
ONe missed call. You will hate your mobile phone after seing this, seriously.

The house of wax (2005 I think) has some pretty shitty parts (the first 30-50 mins are fucking stupid(not scary) but after it... omg it is terrible, just terrible.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
For me it is anything with zombies in it, except for "Fido" that is.

The alien quadrology if watched in a dark room at night:D

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ohhh i know. Some of those K-Horrors and J-Horrors. Basically insta poop into pants.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Thai: Shutter, Coming Soon
Jap: Ju On
Kor: A Tale of Two Sisters, The Wig
Chi: The Eye
American: Er... None :p (Maybe Amytiville Horror)

Then again, horror movies usually cater for people of their own country of origin.
So, Asians would feel Asian movies are scarier than some American movies. Vice versa.

To me, zombie movies are just... either cool or funny.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I hear REC is scary. It's the original (Spanish) version of the American Quarantine.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ive seen the american The Eye adaptation of the hing kong one, and the american ju-on with sarah michelle geller, one missed call was pretty scary seen it too though. seen almost all zombie movies (romero makes the best ones). house of wax i didnt really like. seen the 4 alien movies since i was like 7, and have seen each at least 4 times now. il look into wig/2 sisters and the spanish Quarentine (american one was pretty bad).

anyone know when paranormal activity 2 is coming out as well? the first was pretty trippy.

thx for suggestions. if anyone has any more id love to hear.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Wouldn't say it was the most terrifying of all horrors, but try The Burrowers if you have spare time! I promise you will never think of the Wild West the same way again! Other than that, ghost horrors are pretty scary.

One that just came to mind: there's a horror out there about a space ship that sets out to reclaim another ship that's just passed through another dimension, hell. After a quick google, the movie is called Event Horizon, and after I watched it at 1am, I couldn't shake the images at the end of the movie!

And if I've been completely unhelpful so far, maybe this link will provide you with a few good screams:
http://www.franksreelreviews.com/shorttakes/reelrant/ranthorror.htm
Although on revision of said link, maybe not... Anyway, my favourite is definitely Alien, crawling through tiny air vents with a hidden nightmare lying in wait... mwah-hah-huh-uur... creepy.

EDIT: If you want a real interactive scare, you HAVE to try dead space! The first few levels will scare the crap out of you, and there are many other constructed situations to give you a fright!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
im just wondering, are the international films like shutter/REC in english or in thai/spanish? dubs/subtitles would ruin the feel of it imo. i know there are international films that are in english, wondering about those two mainly tho.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Dubs almost always spoil the movie. Watch the original with subs. I believe the DVDs come in multiple audio selection. Or perhaps you can download them 'legally'.

I believe American DVDs almost always have English dubs in them. You should know better I guess. :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> whats wrong with dubs exactly?

Because you don't understand the original language? It's sounds weird if you know it.
Sometimes the punchline can only be delivered via original language.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
REC is in Spanish but I heard it doesn't ruin it as there is very little dialogue...mostly a ton of suspense.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
For me it is anything with zombies in it, except for "Fido" that is.

The alien quadrology if watched in a dark room at night:D

Especially with surround sound. My room has a 7.1 surround sound set up. Its scary as hell in almost every scary movie lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.