What would you like in the Trigger Editor?

G

Ghoulfrenzy

That's going a little too far. You would PAY MONEY just to crop down music files?

-Ghoulfrenzy

H

Heptameron

ghoulfrenzy said:
That's going a little too far. You would PAY MONEY just to crop down music files?

-Ghoulfrenzy
When you can already do it for free, just by learning how to use a program?

G

Ghoulfrenzy

The logical way to do it? Get a music editor. :)

-Ghoulfrenzy

Rad

Reaction score
Rad, what do you mean with that multiboard-thing?
It says <Rad's Empire> then has all my spefici empire information, and every played has his/her own. It is on WEU im sure because they also used the multiboard progress bars. (Im not sure if its not possible with standard WE, I havent figured it out though)

And about the game-time waits, some people said to use a timer instead of a wait because they can easily mess up etc... I guess they were wrong? :D

You seriously need the local variable thing I think I was talking about ( :nuts: ), where instead of the only thing other than event response is 'Last created xxx'. Maybe have it say 'Set unit to LocalA', then in the trigger where the triggering unit is, it can say Local - LocalA. Get what im saying?

Need a timed special effect to, and an easy floating text countdown timer (Like mines in Parasite without the bugs)

Male an easy to use 'Slide' like WEU, but include 'Polar offset' with angle and distance so its easy to use for some spells that are complicated

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Persen said:
As some of you probably know, i'm making kind of a WE mod, and i would like some suggestions.

You mean like what the WEU is, but different, or I'm missing something?

D

dividedx

Heres wat i hate doing....

Code:
(Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)) Not equal to (String((Player number of (Player((Integer A))))))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8))))))) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
Player Group - Remove (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)))))) from (All players)

For each function i gotta keep going thru a load of crap jus to get wat i want. is there ne way u can preset the object?
Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)))))

xPheRe

Reaction score
dividex said:
For each function i gotta keep going thru a load of crap jus to get wat i want. is there ne way u can preset the object?
Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)))))
Why not setting a temp variable to the value, then using it all over?
Persen said:
If you have any idea of what i could modify in the Trigger Editor, please post it
Local variable declarators would be nice.
And also a way to use them in GUI.
This would make easier to do complex things without going to JASS.

D

dividedx

Well i thought of that but im not always using the same 1. Hard to explain...

P

Persen

Alexander said:
You mean like what the WEU is, but different, or I'm missing something?
Yes, a modification of WE like the WEU, but now it seems more like a TheHelper.net WE (and i like it!)

That local variable thing is hard to do, because you can only add functions to WE, and that is incompatble to locals.

But create local/get local "presets" is possible.

EDIT: I found out, that with some trixing with handle vars, i can make something very similar to locals...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
What you should do is make an action called Declare Local Variable or something. Then, after assigning it a name, you can use it in that trigger with ease. Just "map" it to the JASS.

K

krakka-1

i have a question..

would the new tool be mac compatible??
if not, i can't bear wathing this thread. So many USEFUL stuff thats not going to work for me :(

P

Persen

About the mac thing, i really don't know.
And for the local variables, i can add a preset "Create local Integer variable: Int1" to the "Custom Script" action (for each type)
And add "Get local integer: Int1" to the "Integer" dialog, and so on.

P

Persen

Anybody wants to be a tester? (a mac tester would be good too)

H

Heptameron

I've got a Mac, and will test. It should work fine here if it works on PC, thanks to Blizzard. :D

P

Persen

I've got one problem. For now, it will just work if you have warcraft installed in a certain directory... Because so far im using MPQDRAFT to create the "patch", and then warcraft needs to be in a specific directory.

I'll post some patches in the afternoon(for me) but could you please post where you have wc3 installed so i can make patches compatible with your installs?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
My Path to Warcraft III

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III

And that's where all of the dlls and mpqs are as well, obviously.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.