World What's wrong with eating dog meat?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
As someone said before: Do not fix what is not broken.

An Animal is an Animal. If that Animal is in Possession of someone, it's considered a pet. Thus, making it illegal it kill it.
I've read a story not so long ago about a man feeding "pets" from a pet store to his pet snake. He got arrested and incarcerated.

So, basically, one is allowed to eat whatever one wants, as long as it isn't Human, or belongs to somebody.

Speaking truthfully, I wouldn't eat a dog. But only until the point, where I can distinguish it as a dog.
I mean, if it's on my plate and looks like it's edible, then I'd eat it, because it's an insult to all those that hunger (throwing away food thats perfectly fine ).

So... IMO those Animal Activists should focus on Animals that are being extinct and Animal Abuse. Everything else is not their business and also not their right to interfere.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I'm an anti-animal activist. My group will successfully prevent the 2012 Dog Show in protest of McDonalds denying our right to eat a McDog.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Eating dogs only makes me sad, I wont stop em. I may find it disgusting, but someone may find it tasty. But I can't help but think every time I hear "eating dogs" of eating my own little dog :(.. (plus he probably tastes like the shit he rolls in) ;D

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Eating dogs only makes me sad, I wont stop em. I may find it disgusting, but someone may find it tasty. But I can't help but think every time I hear "eating dogs" of eating my own little dog :(.. (plus he probably tastes like the shit he rolls in) ;D

You won't know unless someone tells you that you're eating dog meat... Maybe you'll even find it tasty :p

P.S > Your avatar rocks.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Dog meat and cat meat it's complete bullshit to eat dogs and cats. Seriously, in todays society there are plenty of availabel
food soureces. That's not the only thing No, they live under terrible conditions, are given food Just to barely survive and are tortured beaten bad
in different ways before being slaughtered in front of the other dogs,cats, waiting in agony at their turn. Seriously how fucked up is that.?!
Hmm culture? cruel "culture" That's what It Is

Dogs, Cats are not food. Simple as That!

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find your posts very ignorant and not based on true facts, FireCat.

FireCat

Reaction score
not based on true facts, FireCat.
How can you say it's not true fact. Really?!
Just because I don't want to post horrible pictures. Eh? Seriously, no one wants to see these horrible pictures. Do we?
Or read more awful stories how they be threatened. We already know the truth?!

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
FireCat, have you ever been in those countries in question?

That's not the only thing No, they live under terrible conditions, are given food Just to barely survive and are tortured beaten bad
in different ways before being slaughtered in front of the other dogs,cats, waiting in agony at their turn

Really?
Dog meat and cat meat it's complete bullshit to eat dogs and cats. Seriously, in todays society there are plenty of availabel
food soureces.

What's wrong with that? I would personally never do that. But I wouldn't forbid other, let's say, religions just because of my views.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really think koreans treat their food differently then we do?
How do cows, pigs and chicken live in the western world? I would imagine not differently to how these dogs live in korea.

If you want to see horrible gruesome things look how McDonalds is creating chicken nuggets.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i doubt that animals would be tasty if they would only be given enough food to barely survive, or be tortured.
its a known fact, that you have to treat them correctly if you want to get a good meal out of them.

of course, it might be that animals are treatened badly and cruel, but definitely not those which will be served on a plate. i can imagine many dogs/cats living here in europe/usa suffer from more terrible conditions then those which are raised to be eaten in korea.
just be rational.

and even if what you say is true, neither of us can really prove his point with facts, it has nothing to do with cats or dogs. then you have to forbid eating pigs or cows which are treaten like this as well but it wouldnt suit the topic of this discussion.

FireCat

Reaction score
i doubt that animals would be tasty if they would only be given enough food to barely survive, or be tortured.
its a known fact, that you have to treat them correctly if you want to get a good meal out of them..
They don't do it always and that's a known fact also.

Hmm that's a pretty interesting article I would say.
Dog Meat Is No Traditional Korean Food - by Sue Cho
As a Korean, I find it very insulting that some people talk about dog meat as if it was a real Korean traditional cuisine. Dog meat eaters often claim that dog meat is good for their health. There is no sicentific or medical truth to back up this claim. According to the research by Koreans and Westerners, it was found that there is no better or special nutrition with dog meat compared to other livestock. It has higher fat content than other livestock. There is more risk to develop Palsy. From a public health point of view, it is unfortunate that these lies are widespread among dog-eaters as there are far more Koreans these days who suffer from heart attack, high blood pressure and Palsy than before due to over consumption of high calorie food.

Dog meat, although some Koreans accept it, there are also other Koreans who do not as it results from disheartening cruelties, misconception and greed. Some Koreans have been eating dogs in some part of our country and in some times in our history but it never has been eaten by the majority of Koreans as Korea was for a long time a Buddhist country and still many people believe in Buddhism.

A few traces in our history and continuing practice by selfish and heartless people do not make dog consumption as our culture. Truth known, dog eaters in Korea are mostly middle and upper class, middle aged men with power and position. They barricade themselves from the majority Koreans-non dog eaters and tries their best to indoctrinate others to believe it is our culture and protect their myth that says dog meat will boost their sexual energy.
http://animalrightskorea.org/dog-meat-issue/dog-meat-is-no-traditional-korean-food-by-sue-cho.html

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing about quotes on the internet is that they highly depend on where they come from.

You linked a quote from "Animal Rights Korea". They aren't exactly going to promote the eating of dogs.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
If cows and pigs are accepted to be eaten, so should dogs and cats. All living things can be eaten.

Not to forget, plants are eaten daily in a mass consumption too, all of them are living creatures, so why are them accepted to be eaten when dogs and cats are not? If someone is going to ban eating dogs and cats, it's more realistic by banning the consumption of cows, pigs and plants.

Then we will have nothing to eat. Think about it, we're omnivores. Do you see tigers eating humans? Lions eating humans? Yep I know what you're thinking.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
we could still eat stuff coming out of a bio lab. that would be fair and healthy. and all the hippies would be happy.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we could still eat stuff coming out of a bio lab. that would be fair and healthy. and all the hippies would be happy.

We could do, however I currently do not think that this food is up to high enough quality, or quantity.

I do think that it is the future though.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> It is just societal differences.
This. And we should just leave it at that.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Seriously, in todays society there are plenty of availabel

and yet there are still millions of people starving every day, and lots of stray dogs on the street - even in the U.S, the strays are not eaten but they are killed by the humane society

maybe once there are truly enough alternatives that people aren't starving you will have a point\

No way! I just don't agree with you

then agree to disagree?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.