Which is a better time lapse??

emobroken22

Reaction score
ok...so im thinking of making a remake of time lapse from dota... i need ur help in choosing the right one to add to my map...

Time Lapse (from dota) goes like this: Warps the Weaver 5 seconds back in time, resetting the HP, Mana and position. Does not affect cooldown, gold or experience.

My Remake works like this:
Rips the fabric of time and space and allows the time reaper to undo his mistakes, switching him and a random enemy hero within range. After a few seconds, he will return to his original state if the enemy hero is still alive. (switches life, position, and mana)

Which one is better my remake or the original from dota??

canons200

Reaction score
Original

*if you just want to make a similar kind of spell, just go a head. Nobody will stop you

emobroken22

Reaction score
Original

*if you just want to make a similar kind of spell, just go a head. Nobody will stop you

im just askin anybody which spell is more fun and useful so i get to decide which one am i going to add for my time hero...thanks for ur opinion though...

emobroken22

Reaction score
Lol, that is a mix of VengesUlti plus weavers ulti.

i didnt actually thought of that...i guess it kinda is...hahahaha...but mine far more complicated...its like a buff cuz it has duration and stuff :)..

EDIT: +rep to u three for sharing ur opinions...^^

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's usefulness is buried by it's target which is "random hero in the area"

Sure, the original idea makes it so that, if ever the switch was a mistake, then you would go back to your original state to make sure that it didn't happen. But what makes it hard is that it chooses a random target. Surely you should have a high range for this so your spell would be actually effective, but that would mean the more probable it would pick another random unit

I suggest you do this:
Put priority on the distance of the target and their health. Give those with lower health and higher distance a larger priority (via basing your chance to them)

emobroken22

Reaction score
It's usefulness is buried by it's target which is "random hero in the area"

Sure, the original idea makes it so that, if ever the switch was a mistake, then you would go back to your original state to make sure that it didn't happen. But what makes it hard is that it chooses a random target. Surely you should have a high range for this so your spell would be actually effective, but that would mean the more probable it would pick another random unit

I suggest you do this:
Put priority on the distance of the target and their health. Give those with lower health and higher distance a larger priority (via basing your chance to them)

But i dunno how to detect a unit with the highest HP and Mana within the AOE....can u teach me how???

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
reversed the snippet by Tinki3
example:
Trigger:
  • Unit In Range With Highest HP
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = 0.
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (<YOUR UNIT HERE>))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Life of (Picked unit)) Greater than TempReal
            • Then - Actions
              • Set TempReal = (Life of (Picked unit))
              • Set UnitHighestHP = (Picked unit) //Refer to this unit outside the 'Loop - Actions' and after the Unit Group function
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

random.guy27

Reaction score
Don't do this, please.
Especially don't post this in the PlayDotA forum, you know, the Official Website of DotA.

I'm a Member there for a Fairly long time and know how things works.

If you even try to post this thread in there, the response are similar...
"Don't fix what isn't Broken"
"It is not needed. Time Lapse is a great and original skill. Don't touch it."

And so on...

Trust me on this. I may be new in this Forum, but not in the PlayDotA/PD Forums.

emobroken22

Reaction score
uhhh random guy....im not touching anythin im just askin which time lapse is better...xD.....im making my own time lapse im not touching icefrog's..hahahaha and ohh thanks for the tip on detecting the unit with the highest HP hgkjfhfdsj's !!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.